Lumia 640 Case & Cover Thread

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's up to you if you want to bother or not, but I'll suggest this ebay seller.

I just pulled the trigger on a Green battery cover from that seller. Thanks for the recommend, libra89. What made up my mind was your mini review thread and the fact it looks identical to the molding, buttons, taped & padded spots as the one I got in Orange. Including the small nub next to the speaker hole, which I believe is to give a tiny lift when laid face up and make a small gap to help sound get out... Of , course that is negated by a case and I appreciated how BLU put that nub on the case for Win HD LTE.

But I digress, the ones that the seller you linked to seem to be off the same production line as the Orange I got and I'm super happy with the fit and finish. No button issues either.

Here's the Green one. Apparently supply is running out. Was only 3 left when I ordered: GH Green Original Battery Back Door Cover Case Screen for Microsoft Lumia 640 | eBay

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Could you please mark these out on picture RumoredNow? So that we have a reference point to compare to when we're doing our own purchases? Because these sellers dont always ship everywhere, so in case someone wants one, and has to order off of somewhere/someone else. For science. Of course. :)

-- W

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I just pulled the trigger on a Green battery cover from that seller. Thanks for the recommend, libra89. What made up my mind was your mini review thread and the fact it looks identical to the molding, buttons, taped & padded spots as the one I got in Orange. Including the small nub next to the speaker hole, which I believe is to give a tiny lift when laid face up and make a small gap to help sound get out... Of , course that is negated by a case and I appreciated how BLU put that nub on the case for Win HD LTE.

But I digress, the ones that the seller you linked to seem to be off the same production line as the Orange I got and I'm super happy with the fit and finish. No button issues either.

Here's the Green one. Apparently supply is running out. Was only 3 left when I ordered: GH Green Original Battery Back Door Cover Case Screen for Microsoft Lumia 640 | eBay

Yay! You're welcome! I'm glad it's helpful because buying alternate backs can be a gamble.

If it is the same production, I think you'll be pleased with the Green. I love it.

@camaroz1985: They were the first people I ordered from and it was really disappointing. The seller I linked provides a better experience. I made the thread to suggest that everyone who wants to, take a chance on it.

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Case: CoverON Slender Fit Series Hard Protective Case $6.98
DSCF0474.JPG
It fits snugly, though I'm not sure taking it off is going to be very pleasant. It has enough thickness on the front and back to prevent the screen/lens from touching a flat surface when you put your phone down, which is exactly what I wanted. It leaves the top and bottom edges open allowing easy/convenient access to the headphone and USB ports regardless of what cables you use (a problem I had with previous L635 cases that enshrouded the ports). It is grippier than the stock back cover which isn't exactly a big achievement, but I wouldn't call it very grippy by any stretch of the imagination.

Screen Protector: EZguardz LCD Screen Protector for the Lumia 640 $2.29 for 5x. $0.46 each.
DSCF0476.JPG
I love these things. They always have perfect cut/fitment, stick well, hold up to abuse, and are some of the cheapest protectors I can find that ship from the US. I've used them on nearly every phone I've had (with the exception being Vikuiti ADQC27 film for my Mozilla Flame).

I apologize for the photo quality. I'm shooting hand-held (not tripod + release) and well beyond the ISO my camera produces reasonable output with, so yeah. Wump.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
It fits snugly, though I'm not sure taking it off is going to be very pleasant. It has enough thickness on the front and back to prevent the screen/lens from touching a flat surface when you put your phone down, which is exactly what I wanted. It leaves the top and bottom edges open allowing easy/convenient access to the headphone and USB ports regardless of what cables you use (a problem I had with previous L635 cases that enshrouded the ports). It is grippier than the stock back cover which isn't exactly a big achievement, but I wouldn't call it very grippy by any stretch of the imagination.

Love that gold colored case! I may be investing in a couple of new colors in the very near future, and I'm going to bookmark that page to look at again when I'm ready to make my decision. Maybe for my birthday later. ;) Thanks for posting!

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Love that gold colored case! I may be investing in a couple of new colors in the very near future, and I'm going to bookmark that page to look at again when I'm ready to make my decision. Maybe for my birthday later. ;) Thanks for posting!
A__E71B.jpg
These are the other colors offered, and the swatches are clipped directly from the product page of each case. This is how I got my family to choose their cases without them knowing ;)

Of course, black is offered as well, but it is a fairly standard matte black and didn't need a tile of its own. The pink case has a bit of a candy/gloss sheen to it and looks pretty impressive in person. My fiance loved it.

No problem!

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
It seems like that would work quite nicely.

We're running:
#3, #7, #Black on ATT GoPhone black shells.
#6, #7 on T-Mobile white shells.

The bright colors on the white shells look really nice, and very apropos given T-Mo's color scheme.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I suppose if I were a supporter of the New Orleans' Saints, I'd get the gold, slap it on a black back battery cover, and put a black outlined Saints decal on it. But... yeah, not going there right now. Still, I like black and gold for colors.

Maybe I'll get a blue battery cover and a red case. That could work.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I suppose if I were a supporter of the New Orleans' Saints, I'd get the gold, slap it on a black back battery cover, and put a black outlined Saints decal on it. But... yeah, not going there right now. Still, I like black and gold for colors.

Maybe I'll get a blue battery cover and a red case. That could work.

Better black and gold can be found in Pittsburgh :p (Steelers, and Pirates. Pens is closer to the Saints)

molimelight

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I had a Tech21 case for my 521 and really liked it. Good protection and minimal bulk. The one pictured below that I bought is more of a silicone type material and is a bit more of a dust magnet than the one for the 521 which was more of a rubber like material. I still like it though, as I've tried some other less expensive covers that aren't bulky and they had the same dust magnet properties without the protection. This is on sale now for half price. I paid full price and consider it worth it for the protection it provides. It fits great and the button operations are smooth and sensitive to pressing and it grips really well, more like rubber than silicone or TPU which can be slippery. Since it was on sale I thought I'd put it up here.

EvoCheck-01.jpgEvoCheck-02.jpg

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Woah. At full price that costs more than the phone itself right now. :O O_O But then again, I'm a cheapstake, so what would I know. :p :D

But it is a super nice case at that :)

-- W

molimelight

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
That is why I didn't put it up here until it went on sale. I knew people would balk at spending that much for a case for a mid-line phone. :grincry: But I got the phone so cheap (two actually) I figured it was worth it from my experience with the one I had for my 521 (which I also got real cheap). Part of that pricing has to do with losing about 20 cents on the dollar to the euro. I got the one for the 521 at the T-Mobile store but now I can only find them from their site in England, shipped here.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I emailed mozo through the email I found on their website and asked them to make some more back covers for the 640, especially ones similar to what the 950 and 950 XL have. No response yet but I do hope they make a few more for us 640 users.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I emailed mozo through the email I found on their website and asked them to make some more back covers for the 640, especially ones similar to what the 950 and 950 XL have. No response yet but I do hope they make a few more for us 640 users.

As 640 is no longer in production, I don't see them designing a new cover for it. Expect them to either ignore you or tell you no.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard