Lumia 640 Case & Cover Thread

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re: Lumia 640 Case & Cover Thread

New to 640... I have an Orange battery cover on order and I want to show that off. My case is in.

Here's some pics with it on the black 640.

WP_20160223_12_20_31_Raw.jpgWP_20160223_12_22_08_Raw.jpgWP_20160223_12_22_32_Raw.jpgWP_20160223_12_22_51_Raw.jpg

In case (LOL) anyone is interested: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3417674

Tempered Glass screen protector should be in tomorrow. :) The Orange battery cover is coming from China so it may take some time... :(

ironmoney

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site

Any update on the mozo cover for 640? Their website only shows pink and purple? And there is no buy now button on those either.
Did anyone contact mozo for 640 covers?
got a reply couple days. was looking for the classy black or white model

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products! At the moment we don't have a production schedule for the Classy back covers for 640. We hope that you can find another cover from our selection that you like.

Best regards,
Ulla

ce_tx

May 7, 2015
Visit site

I've ordered a Nillkin Nature TPU case in brown. Not sure what to expect with this, but I'm wanting a little color to spice up my black shell. So far the only TPU case that I like the fit of is Fosmon, which I have the clear version of (and don't want the hot pink or solid black version of).

austinlee685

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Guys! If you have ever wanted a case that made the phone feel a little more premium while not feeling huge, this one below isn't bad. It makes the phone feel a more solid than before and the case flex that you have when you squeeze the phone is gone with this case. I love this phone, its cheap and all of the accessories out there are pretty cheap too.
Amazon.com: Microsoft 640 Case, Terrapin [Extra Slim Fit] Hybrid Rubberized [Red] Protective Hard Case for Microsoft Lumia 640 - Red: Cell Phones & Accessories
611s9mZdTGL._SL1000_.jpg

I got this too to see if I can get wireless charging back into this phone. This hasn't arrived yet though.
Amazon.com: Qi Wireless Charger Thin Receiver Card Micro-USB -ChargerWise Ultra Slim Wireless Charging Coil Patch Module for Android,HTC,Samsung,Blackberry-Low Heat Emission,High Efficiency, Qi-Compliant (Port B): Cell Phones & Accessories
81Ose5Q-RZL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found any third party back covers similar to the Mozo ones (which are out of stock currently) ?

I am also thinking of getting a blue and white OEM back cover from EBay but I can't tell which seller would have the best quality backs.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I am also thinking of getting a blue and white OEM back cover from EBay but I can't tell which seller would have the best quality backs.

OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer. If it is advertised as an OEM back cover, it is supposed to be a replacement cover from the Manufacturer of the Original Equipment, which means they will all be the same. HOWEVER, that being said, sellers on eBay will lie to you quicker than your grandma can break a hip falling off her rocker. Good luck with it.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I dont know why nobody is posting about these so far. But, super pretty faux leather cases available in a bunch of colors off of sellers on eBay and AliExpress. Much better than the overpriced mozos available for the 950s, XLs and the 640/50s. Especially considering the non prohibitive cost of these and how they're actually very good looking. Kind of negating the need for 'must-having' those other much more expensive leather/faux-leather cases that mozo is peddling.

Ordered four off of one of these places, in red, blue, and natural browns, for a bunch of 640s I have coming in for family. Im mass side/upgrading almost everyone in the house right about now. Especially what with these killer 640 prices and $30 buck sales going on right now. I'll post pictures on in here once we get them all here in the house. Going to be a few days before that though. Going to be able to comment on the quality and killer-ness of it then.

Anyways, enough harping for now. Here goes nothing. :)

aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-With-Stand-Function-and-Card-Slot-Luxury-PU-Leather-Cover-Back-Case-For-Microsoft/32376327227.html

Super excited for them right now. ^_^

Oh, and PS -- I also ordered a bunch of those Qi Wireless receivers too for the phones in house, and the toys arriving soon as well. Will post my updates on their status/workability too. Once everything is in and set up. :)

-- W

holden87

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know of a good jogging strap, you know the one where you put your phone in, and strap it to your hand so you can run normally? I'd need one that doesn't let humidity get in. I bought one from amazon that was supposed to be made for lumia 640, but it's bigger and the hole for the headphones is on the other side, so i have to have my phone turned inwards instead outwards + it gets soaking wet so my best bet is it's not too healthy for my lumia... any suggestions?

ce_tx

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Finally received my Nillkin "Nature" TPU case from China. Very thin material, but I really like the fit and feel. This brown color is interesting. Almost gives the phone a bronze sheen.
DSC01595.JPG
DSC01596.JPG
DSC01597.JPG
DSC01598.JPG

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Finally received my Nillkin "Nature" TPU case from China. Very thin material, but I really like the fit and feel. This brown color is interesting. Almost gives the phone a bronze sheen.

That's a very interesting case. I like the built-in dust covers for the audio and USB ports, and would be interested to know how they hold up with use and how easy they are to cover/uncover. Also if it is more annoying than helpful. ;)

Also, have you got a link where it can be purchased?

ce_tx

May 7, 2015
Visit site
That's a very interesting case. I like the built-in dust covers for the audio and USB ports, and would be interested to know how they hold up with use and how easy they are to cover/uncover. Also if it is more annoying than helpful. ;)

Also, have you got a link where it can be purchased?

This is my first day using the case, but so far the dust covers haven't gotten in the way. They seem to stay put, but they're also easily removed. However, the material is so thin that they could probably tear off if they accidentally came loose when they're not supposed to.

I bought it on eBay from user mangomall. Nillkin Nature 0 6mm Crystal Clear TPU Case Shell for Microsoft Lumia 640 | eBay

Magikal

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Carbon cover:
IRpEF5X.jpg

v5NuxP7.jpg

9red4fV.jpg

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Finally got the goodies in my mail all the way from Chinaland. Feel a little let down by the quality of these things overall, but then again I was only paying around 2 bucks a pop for these. The Pleather is glued on, and the frame over all has a bit of flex to them, but then its also really really thin, so doesnt add much to the thickness of the device overall. So I guess thats that too. Otherwise, besides this, the pleather also goes over the buttons of these and covers them, so I guess that calls it some more added protection to the buttons? :p

And also, the choice of colors to stitch these things with is terrible, I do not want pink stitching on a blue case. and I ordered a blood red, for my mother. It came out pink in the order that was delivered to me. So just putting it out there for the nice folks who might be thinking/tempted to holler at them all the way to China. Decent, cheap, borderline disposable back covers/cases, with a thin profile, and a variety of colors, for each mood. And very good, if you temper your expectations according to the 2 odd dollars you're spending on this. Some people I know spend more on a bottle of water than what these little dainties cost.

But I admit I was a little let down. By the quality of these, but thats probably because Im a cheapstake like that. And I had my expectations set super high for something I was practically paying in change for. Heres a bunch of pictures for you all good folks to holler at. :) ^_^

efe853d3-f76f-4ada-ab7d-f0491c1fb107.jpg
1b614f81-4eee-4b61-a15b-c4433fb29ff5.jpg
8f5dc88c-f328-4f87-93e3-64a75e17d44e.jpg
698e0e06-8dc3-49e6-ae10-f2cebf98abe6.jpg
78502e9e-9e1a-4ef2-8bea-51210524a677.jpg

Sincerely,
-- W :)

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
For my $30 GoPhone I went with a Tempered Glass screen protector, a clear snap on case and a replacement back in Orange. Got them all off Amazon and even with the phone included, I'm in under $55.
Here's how it looks.

Mmmm...Beefy!

On my planet this would be considered superior!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen