Lumia 640 Case & Cover Thread

Rainwater50

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
re: Lumia 640 Case & Cover Thread

For anyone who purchased a metro pcs version, did you happen to find or see any cases in store?

I'll probably end up ordering one, but hoping to get a case as soon as I purchase phone.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I just got my case, screen protector and SD card through eBay. Now if I can just find a WalMart with the phone.

The Microsoft Store online sells the phone now. Granted, it's $129 and not $99 like it is Walmart, but that's where I just ordered mine from yesterday since I didn't want to walk into a Walmart store.

Ordered the Evocel case, looks to be the best one IMO.

Unfortunately that $30 bucks makes a world of difference. That's my problem. I did find one, and it will be in my hot little hands tomorrow. My preference for cases is the Fosmon, inexpensive and not cumbersome, it has that elegant look to it. (I think it's a copy of few others, but it works and bounces well)
Enjoy your 640, I'm going to try to get mine set up without letting the smoke out.

Edit: And someone else is walking into WalMart to pick it up for me😎

Last edited by a moderator:

JonathonS

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site

I just got my case, screen protector and SD card through eBay. Now if I can just find a WalMart with the phone.

The Microsoft Store online sells the phone now. Granted, it's $129 and not $99 like it is Walmart, but that's where I just ordered mine from yesterday since I didn't want to walk into a Walmart store.

Ordered the Evocel case, looks to be the best one IMO.

citharadraconis

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

J&D Tech on Amazon seem to have a TPU case with cutouts for the power and volume buttons: "Lumia 640 Case, J&D Ultra Slim [Drop Protection] Microsoft Lumia 640 Case [Slim Cushion] Shock Protective Jelly Case Slim Case for Lumia 640 (Matte)". (Sorry, I don't have enough posts to link!)

mdd913

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site

I got the Oeago "armor" case, the one with the kickstand. In orange. It's OK just not really what I expected. I thought it would have more of a rubbery grippy surface but it's hard flat plastic. The inner case is pliable but not what you would call "soft" by any means. I will say, it fits extremely well, it goes together very neatly. The power/volume buttons are super easy to push and the cutouts are all exactly where they should be. I'm not 100% in love with it, but it will do for now and considering it was only $6.99 I'm not complaining too much. I hope Otterbox comes out with a Defender model for this phone.

BerryCC

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

Correction on above post: I made a mistake saying I ordered the Nillken in brown. Thought I had. I got a white one to go with the 640 model I have. I'll buy a brown one for winter! The openings on the Nillken case are excellent.

I saw someone on street with a deep army-green case. Really like dark green. Haven't come across that color.

BTW, looking at foreign sites for phone covers, realized that $129 for the 640 from Microsoft is a terrific deal. In UK, Asia, etc., it's going for around $200, and it's been around a lot longer.

T_O_M

May 18, 2015
Visit site

Hello everyone,
do you know some neoprene case that fits on Lumia 640. Something like this "Microsoft Lumia 640 Case, Shocksock" on Amazon (I'm sorry, I cannot post links:), but reviews are a little discouraging.

anon(9435020)

May 1, 2015
Visit site

I ordered the clear Cimo case from Amazon. Since Walmart only had one phone in stock, I didn't get to choose the color, but a white battery cover means I can change the tile color to whatever I want, so I went with a clear case.

And yeah, I change the tile color about 5 times a day. At least this first week of ownership. It just has to match my outfit! :p

Kanishka

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site

how do people like the evocel case?
can anyone take a pic near the headphone jack, I would like to see what the user here posted about it being obtrusive.
Thanks

Desert Demon

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

Thanks Guytronic for putting me on to the Nillkin super frosted shield case. Just what I wanted for the 640. Looks great and has just the right amount of grip. Can't beat it for under $7 with a screen protector and small microfiber cloth. Took about 12 days from China / eBay.

netmann

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

My apology if this has been discussed...
I am looking for a matte White (or any other matte color, except black) back cover (snap shell) for Lumia 640. I have not been able to find one (except for the black color). I am almost tempted to make my glossy white back cover and fine-sand it away to make it matte!!!

joshua hildebrandt1

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site

For anyone who purchased a metro pcs version, did you happen to find or see any cases in store?

I'll probably end up ordering one, but hoping to get a case as soon as I purchase phone.

Yes they did have cases at the metro pcs store here in Austin but they looked cheap to me and the store was charging 20 for them...i passed....do we have a verdict on a really good case yet ?? The phone. Itself is extremely slippery.

sussss

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site

Hey guys,

Ordered Lumia 640 yesterday. Was looking for screen guards and cases. Can anyone help me find a good Case and Screen guard for L640 here in India?

Thanks.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Here's my summary after trying five cases (on two phones):

I prefer the Evocel Dual Layer (mentioned by Guytronic at the beginning of this thread) with the Boxwave a close second. I also tried the Amzer Pudding, which was pretty good but a little loose, then came the poor-fitting Lightning Knight. The OEM MS Flip Cover is a different style case, but is really nice if you need that type.

I got all from Amazon here in the US, except the flip cover came directly from MS.

On one phone we use the Boxwave I mentioned in an earlier post. It's a tight fairly soft single layer that gives good protection but apparently is available in only one color- smoke gray.

My favorite is the Evocel. It gives the best protection, seems well made, feels good in the hand, and I like the positive 'click' in the side buttons. A real plus is it has the best front lip or bezel to protect the screen. Another plus is the wide color choice. My headphone jack fits fine, contrary to other reports.

If you're looking for a slim case, though, this isn't it. The sides are somewhat squared off, so it adds some bulk to the phone. If that matters to you (I actually like it), look elsewhere.

Last edited:

james42519

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

wish i could find this case for 640. trying to find otterbox like case Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 630 Case, Nokia Lumia 635 Case CellJoy? {Lime Green} [Future Armor] Hybrid Ultra Fit Dual Protection Holster **Kickstand** [ Locking Swivel Belt Clip Holster Combo] - Robot Case for Nokia Lumia: Cell Phones & Accessories
814cpoRTBNL._SL1500_.jpg

right now i have etime armor series case. it is alright but colored part is rubber instead of plastic like i thought.the stand for holster is also useless since can't put phone in holster screen out because case is too thick on back. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3225504
91H3JFN0tAL._SL1500_.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss