Lumia 830 and Windows 10

AaronGraham

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
yep I agree battery drain is REALLY bad! Also my 830 updated from 8.1 last night to build 10.0.10586.107 but now it says there's another update (build 10.0.10586.164) but it won't install fails with 0x800f081f.

Have you tried a reboot or a soft reset? Also, maybe check the Store for any updates or run the Upgrade Advisor tool again but it clears cache and it may delete the downloaded update and allow you to redownload it again.

Andrew Fratkin

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I updated to win 10 yesterday and have to say that the battery discharge rate is pretty alarming compared to what it was on 8.1.

It's pretty well documented that battery drain is substantially higher after an OS update, it usually settles down after a couple days. If not try a hard reset and that should cure it.

adamjb1978

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I haven't really noticed a big difference in battery life? Are you on the latest .164 build and have you checked Battery Saver to see what is draining it?

Yeah, I have the latest build installed and upon checking the battery saver it shows that the biggest drain in messaging + skype followed by WhatsApp. both of which have hardly been used so far.

I've even ran a factory reset too to ensure that everything is nice and fresh but that battery drain persists.

bianguyen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Upgrade my 830 last night through Upgrade Advisor.

Unlocked RM-985 (Latin America edition). On T-Mobile.

It took forever for this phone to get the Denim update so I was pleasantly surprised.

rosemanhr

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I upgrade my L830 to W10 .164 i have done hard reset but have one problem.
When im swiching from start screen to app list its showing some screen tearing on the top of the screen (first row of tiles)
And sometimes my screen goes black for half of second.
Does any of you guys have that kind of problems?
Other than that im preaty hapy with W10,battery is fine

adamjb1978

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I upgrade my L830 to W10 .164 i have done hard reset but have one problem.
When im swiching from start screen to app list its showing some screen tearing on the top of the screen (first row of tiles)
And sometimes my screen goes black for half of second.
Does any of you guys have that kind of problems?
Other than that im preaty hapy with W10,battery is fine

yeah, mine does the exact same things. The screen blacking out for a second or two is a known bug but the slight tearing of the screen image is something that I'd never seen before.

Suppose we'll just have to wait for further updates. ☺

AaronGraham

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
The current build seems to be riddled with bugs and performance issues. I also have the black screen, and some visual tearing in photos, but not when swiping to the All Apps list. I can only think that the screen tearing would be linked to the GPU being overloaded for a second when rendering the animation?

Hopefully there will be another update very soon.

vishaljain58

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
i am getting an error(0x8024402f) when i am trying to update phone . i am on windows 10 technical preview. kindly help. also not able to use cortana as us english speech is mot hetting download on the device.

rosemanhr

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
i posted my problem via windows feedback app
maybe if you guys post all of yours problem maybe they fix it.
If we dont let them know about our problems they cant fix them

ram2011wp

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know when AT&T will release W10 Mobile for the AT&T Lumia 830 (USA)? The Upgrade App states that MS is working with carriers to release. I?m concerned as it took AT&T over 10 months to release Denim for the L830. I?ll give AT&T a little time as it took them a week to release to the L950. Hope they release soon to L830.

micallan_17

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I updated through the insider app release preview ring which updated me to build 10586.107 I switched to the production ring after the update. Went to settings>phone update and searched for an update which then told me of a pending update to 10586.164 this was on an AT&T 830

Posted via the Windows Central App for Lagdroid. I kid I kid :D

mdshot10

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
1. battery life is bad
2. camera quality is bad
3. copy and paste function is not working properly (i.e in a webspage open in edge the only option is "select all")
4. ability to choose groups when sending sms via messaging+skype app is not present
5. some apps doesn't have video call features like viber
6. random lags (hiccups) here and there

i think ios is still better in terms of lack of functionality.

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm perfectly happy with my 830 running 8.1 Denim and when I read about so many little irritating side effects by upgrading to W10 I will wait till al problems are sorted out before taking the plunge.
Right now I can't see the so called improvements being worth the risk of getting too many irritating mishaps....

AaronGraham

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody know if there are any future Threshold 2 builds coming to improve the current situation? If not, then it may be best to just stay on Windows Phone 8.1.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded my Fido (unlocked) L830 through windows insider on Friday. Upgrade advisor says the upgrade is available, but waiting "on the provider" screw that. The battery has been phenomenal and I use Bluetooth and Gps maps frequently. Only app that seems sketchy is uc browser so far.

simontl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I m on an unlocked 830. I too found the update proess took a long time - it sticks at various points so be patient. Make sure you ask for the second update. The apps get re-downloaded and many of them then get updated.

I have had no lag problem nor black screens, I think. Camera seems fine.

It looks as if battery life for me will be a bit worse but I think after a new release I spend a lot of time on the phone. I have switched off various background tasks as usual as I don't need them. So I will see...

As others have said some great new features - the voice input for SMS, Word, OneNote etc is neat. I can now send SMS from my PC and tablet via Cortana. Office software much more fully featured.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeroyNoodle