Lumia 900 battery update with Microcell

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Well I've had my Lumia 900 a while now and wanted to comment about the battery life. I get just about 15 hours on average with moderate to heavy use with a lot of background tasks enabled.

I have had my Microcell unplugged for a while now and battery life has been good. I decided to plug it back in two days ago and my battery life plummeted to about 9 hours with little use.
Now the microcell is unplugged again and my battery life is back to normal.

This is just some info for other Lumia 900 users that may have battery trouble and a microcell

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
An alternate solution to turning off the Microcell completely is to turn off your cellular data while at home and rely only on wifi. I found this helps to not drain the battery while allowing me to have a usable signal. The only downside is that email does not automatically check and you don't get toasts until you turn the screen on and wifi connects again.

rutvik19

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
This problem has been quite annoying at work for me. AT&T has put microcells through out my building, and it kills my battery life. I have to keep my charging cable near by.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I too, had battery issues with the micro cell. At least my Lumia gets a better signal than my old phone, so I don't really need the micro cell.

On the plus side, I was able to sell the micro cell on ebay for $150...

milk242

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
For some reason my microcell is not showing the huge battery drain like it did before. The only difference between now and then is I did that procedure where you can choose your max data connection.

I'm measuring battery drain using the diagnostic app. Before, my microcell with cell data on showed a Ma discharge of around 250. Now it shows only 90 (which is the Ma discharge with my microcell disconnected).

Gaiking

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
@milk242 how did you set the max data connection? Was it a phone setting or a microcell setting?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
It's not just the Lumia 900 that has issues with the Microcell. Many other phones have this exact same problem. AT&T knows it's an issue but hasn't fixed their MCELLS yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb