Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Within the last 24hrs - battery has been horrendous

Apps use processing power.

You're joking, right?

When a phone is idle, background apps should not use the entire battery in 5 hours.

As we all know, this phone has issues. It will be interesting to see if Nokia's upcoming firmware update fixes this, or if the issue is in the OS.

anon(5348413)

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Yeah rebooting usually works. In my case, it stopped working. no matter how many reboots, it wouldn't stop draining. Factory reset was the only solution for me in this case.

xpitris

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

I also had the same problem. Couple of soft restarts, uninstalled almost all apps and still the same. After factory reset everything is back to normal or even better.
The only problem I have now is that IMAP sync hangs and then the battery drain starts again. Only possibility is to remove the problematic account.
This leads me to a suspicion that this might have been problem already before.

tropolite

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

Well to follow up my original post I decided to uninstall the new official Twitter App (because when I used it I noticed the phone heating excessively), and then stayed warm, (not as hot as it was when I was actively using Twitter). Then as @miodrage had an issue with Evernote I had this installed too, I uninstalled it. Then turned off the phone completely and restarted it after 30seconds and recharged o'night.

Today, with a little less use than yesterday, my last charge was 7hrs 45min ago with 15hrs 26min of battery life available.

So the battery is back on track. Now to reinstall the Official Twitter App again to see if it is that ( won't worry about Evernote as I haven't used it to any great degree).
Will come back and report again later.

Lumia928

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

I noticed this odd behavior yesterday too. Took phone off charge at 07:45 and by 16:30 (9 hours ish) had come up with critical battery warning. Had not used the phone at all.

Last edited:

navbouy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

During this last week my 920 was dropping battery like you wouldn't believe,did a soft reset and back to normal,no idea why.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

My phone now has fanastic battery life!!
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

EauRouge

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

My 920 never had spectacular battery life. But this is weird. try draining your battery fully and then charging it back up again

tropolite

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

Well as a followup to my battery ailment. Having reinstalled the new official Twitter app yesterday I find battery isn't effected keeping good battery life.

So going through this exercise the takeaway from this would probably be, if you find a particular app that causes excessive heating of your phone or rapid battery depletion, uninstall the app and soft reset (turn the phone off then turn it back on after 30secs). Check to see your battery life is better and then reinstall the app that caused the potential issue.

If anyone else has any other suggestions on battery issues it'd be good hear them.

aka P

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

Well as a followup to my battery ailment. Having reinstalled the new official Twitter app yesterday I find battery isn't effected keeping good battery life.

So going through this exercise the takeaway from this would probably be, if you find a particular app that causes excessive heating of your phone or rapid battery depletion, uninstall the app and soft reset (turn the phone off then turn it back on after 30secs). Check to see your battery life is better and then reinstall the app that caused the potential issue.

If anyone else has any other suggestions on battery issues it'd be good hear them.

Uninstalling WhatsApp works like a charm for me.

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

whatsapp will also keep your wifi connection in an 'active' state. i had 'keep wifi on when screen times out' disabled under wifi advanced settings and could not work out why when i 'woke' the phone up, the wifi syambol was still 'active' on the lock screen. uninstalled whatsapp, and all is good.

mmyers750

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I too have been having this problem recently. Got my phone in November, but problem only started in the past few weeks. It seems to happen at random. I used my phone today for a total of about 5 minutes, and 6 hours after I took it off the wireless charger, it's dead. Usually I can go a couple of days without recharging with light usage.

The problem seems more pronounced for me using the Nokia wireless charger. Has anyone else noticed the wireless charger resulting in faster battery drain?

BTW, I contacted Nokia support recently about this issue, and was told I needed to return the phone to an AT&T service center. Haven't gotten around to it, and frankly hate the idea of having to go through the hassle.

theta_orionis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

I've had my phone since November and it did this for the first time this morning. Dropped 20% in about one hour without me using it at all. It will usually stay at 100% for about an hour if I don't use it. I also noticed it was considerably warmer than normal. I haven't installed anything within the last month except OS and app updates...no new apps. Did a soft reset and within a half an hour noticed the phone was cooler and the battery seems to have stabilized. I'm going to charge it back up to 100% and test it again.

anon(5348413)

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Well, I dunno what the issue could be. My phone is working well again. Battery is working fine and I've reinstalled every single app that I had installed before. I use the phone the same. So who the **** knows. If we had an app that would show what app/process was using the most battery or at least the most cpu cycles, I could tell what is going on.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Well, I dunno what the issue could be. My phone is working well again. Battery is working fine and I've reinstalled every single app that I had installed before. I use the phone the same. So who the **** knows. If we had an app that would show what app/process was using the most battery or at least the most cpu cycles, I could tell what is going on.

I've said this time and time again that it's random.

We don't know if it's a random hardware fault... e.g. phone shorts when upside down or something.

Or an OS/firmware bug.

Nokia aren't saying. Time will tell. Perhaps the latest 1308 firmware will help, but till they go live to people like you and me, we won't know.

Kevyn Degia

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I got the same problem after installing My Country game. My battery was lasting for 2-3 hours. And the device was getting really hot! I noticed a weird sound from the speaker of my phone, while playing with no sounds and music.
I got my battery back after completely removing the app

scumdogmillionaire

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

My wife and I are both 920 users on AT&T. On Sunday we both experienced the same thing. We took our phones off the charger, went out for 2 hours, when we got back to the car both of our phones were 'critically low'

Rebooted and haven't seen it again. Weird that it seems to happen to a big cluster of people all at once.

theta_orionis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Two hours after charge and still at 100% and not running warm. My first and only real problem with the 920 but the reset fixed it. Not sure what's going on but still love this phone!.:wink:

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site

I also noticed the same thing in the past 2-3 days. Normally I can easily get a day out of my phone, but suddenly something happened where it would drain 50% over the course of just a few hours. When playing Wordament, I the phone got so hot near the top it got uncomfortable to hold. Last night the battery drained all the way so it shut off. That seems to have done the trick though. So far through about lunchtime today (about 5 hours off charger), I'm at 81% with quite a bit of Wordament during lunch. Phone didn't seem to overheat during that time either.

That's about normal for me, so I think it may have been some app update gone awry from the last few days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlizaForbes