Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

Bicpug

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: lumia 920 Battery Issues

A new 920 has to be charged a couple of times to reach full charge; i've disabled 4g, bluetooth and wifi to extend the battery.

Tiago Lopes

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The lumia battery is shocking to begin with but after a few weeks it gets much much better. When i first got it i was distraught at how quickly it drained but with time it got much better, now it easily lasts all day

Stefano Ottonelli

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Battery icon problem Nokia 920

After a couple of hours since I charged my phone, the battery icon changes, as if the phone was charging. This prevents me from charging. I did a soft reset but the situation does not change. Has anyone encountered the same problem? I have the phone by more 'than three months and it never happened.
thanks in advance

Dave Adeth

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery icon problem Nokia 920

i don't have this problem.
what i noticed is this.
you may have charged your phone for a decent amount of time.
and you wonder, why is the battery icon still low on it's battery status,
after a quick reboot of the phone, you will see the marked increase in battery power.

i suggest you contact nokia on their facebook site. especially the nokia page from your country
they cannot afford for you to post a complain about their products on their page : )

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Interesting Find - Battery Life

So this gonna be battery life again just to warn you lol.

So my battery life kept dropping pretty fast today like 3~4% per hour, and it was really good before today like no 1% in 4 to 5 hours if i don't use it.

BUT! The battery life as of now is sitting there at 13% for like 4 hours now and it shows that I still have 1 day and 5 hours which i believe is not accurate but it showed 1 hour life when it was still draining.

So again in my opinion it's just showing the wrong percentage as oppose to real battery life.

Last edited by a moderator:

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Interesting Find

Are you using some kind of battery app for this info? If so, none of them can keep reporting correct values if the app is not open once Battery Saver kicks in (default is at 20%).

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
So this gonna be battery life again just to warn you lol.

So my battery life kept dropping pretty fast today like 3~4% per hour, and it was really good before today like no 1% in 4 to 5 hours if i don't use it.

BUT! The battery life as of now is sitting there at 13% for like 4 hours now and it shows that I still have 1 day and 5 hours which i believe is not accurate but it showed 1 hour life when it was still draining.

So again in my opinion it's just showing the wrong percentage as oppose to real battery life.

It just depends on how you use your phone. Like asphalt 7 and angry birds star wars drains my battery life like. I know it may make your 920 bulky, but have you considered the Brando Power Jacket? http://www.windowscentral.com/double-your-battery-capacity-brando-power-jacket-nokia-lumia-920?

Jeremy Milstein

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Fed up with Nokia 920 battery issues

Thanks for all of the replies. Over the last two weeks, my phone has had its good days and bad ones. I work in an office environment so I can always charge it if needed. Still, a phone should get you through one whole day with light/moderate usage. I don't want to hassle myself with an exchange as it is not going to matter. This is my 4th phone! It's a beautiful phone and it does some things spectacularly well but it has many flaws which phones such as the iphone just do not have and the battery issue makes it worse.

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I got 53% battery left after 15 hours moderate use. 3G always ON, WIFI always ON, NFC OFF, 2 or 3 background tasks.
I "always" flash my phone with Navifirm and restore the backup from the cloud...no battery issues here.
Takes me 5min to flash and another 15min to restore the apps that were previously installed.
The only thing that doesn't get restored is the homescreen with its tiles.....but I am rather good at manually restoring the homescreen after several attempts ;).
Maybe you should consider flashing your firmware.

Jansen Hu

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Fix for the lumia 920 battery problems !

Okay, here are my statistics. Brand new Lumia 920, came with Portico update, battery charged only after draining completely.
1st charge: lasts 9-10 hours with light-moderate use. Heating. (I get frustrated and google the problem, which leads me here.)
2nd charge: lasts 9-10 hours with light-moderate use. Heating. (Even more frustrated, but read also about that the Lithium battery needs a few charge cycles before getting optimal.)
3rd charge: lasts 6-7 hours with internet sharing turned on constantly. Heating. (Understandable)
4th charge: After 8 hours of light-moderate use, even internet sharing for 30 minutes, the battery is on 72%. (I'm relieved and happy for my new Lumia 920!)

I didn't do any "magic" settings or resets, I have 3 mail accounts pushing mails. NFC on or off doesn't make a difference.

How long did u charge your phone??

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

just don't trust the battery indicator even in the settings...my battery discharged pretty fast according to the battery indicator (by fast i mean from 6:00am to 6:00pm from 100% to 13%) but here's the kicker, it just stays at 13% for like 6 hours....and I'm sure i can get more out of it but can't risk it so i put it back on charge before i sleep.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

I had an up and down battery when i first got mine. 1% drain, open EI or music, 40% drain. Did a factory reset and the battery evened out and continues to improved. with moderate use I get 30 + hours. Try the factory reset. Fingers crossed!

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I'll reiterate what I've pointed out elsewhere. The battery needs time to be conditioned. Factory resets are merely a waste of time. These phones came with the factory install to being with.

My first Lumia started out with some issues; excessive battery drain while sitting idle and quicker drain that I'd expect during actual use. It didn't happen as frequently as some but I did experience it. Things leveled off after about a month, right up to the point when I broke it.

The second Lumia was better out of the box. Then 2-3 three weeks in, it started showing issues. I kept getting excessive battery drain. One time it went from 100% to 30% in about an hour. A couple of times I went from a charge of maybe 50% to a dead over night. In one case I was fairly certain the culprit was a crash-prone game. In that case a soft restart cured the problem. Beyond that, generally I had nothing to pin it on. But again, things improved and in the month or two since, I've had excellent battery life.

n7slc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Mine has been solid since I got it on launch day and battery life has been great but last week, on a few occasions it would go to 56% drain and the only thing that would stop it was a soft reset. I noticed the first huge drain after one of the Nokia updates (extras+info, I think). Anyway, doesn't seem to matter which app I use. If I use it for more than a few minutes, percentage of battery drain increases greatly and won't decrease even after spamming the back key to kill all the processes. I block every app I can from running in the background.

I do work in places where I can't charge the phone so I bought the Brando battery shell as a CYA. It sucks that I have to do that but I love the phone...whatcha gonna do?

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Why does restart suddenly consumes so much battery?

Usually I don't pay attention on this, but today I had to switch on my device and then turn it on and I noticed that before powering off the battery was 69% remaining and after starting only 62% battery was remaining. Why does this process consumes so much power?

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does restart suddenly consumes so much battery?

Sometimes I see the opposite. My battery has been @ 30~50% range, restarted and suddenly I'm @ 72%. This has happened too me more than once. The OS isn't reading battery levels worth a damn and I'm wondering If this is going to lead to overcharging of the battery and a reduction in battery life as a result.

Trappiste

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does restart suddenly consumes so much battery?

It does not necessarily consume a lot of power. Rather, the battery gauge may be somewhat off and thus powering off and on gives different readings. Try recalibrating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlizaForbes