Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: I'm done...

A lot of apps seem to want a constant connection to the internet. aka background tasks. They don't all need it but they like to feel important with a constant connection to their home base. Check your background tasks in settings, swipe once to applications then tap background tasks. Kill all those apps you are not using because most of them can wait until you launch them. You will see a marked improvement in your battery.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site

I come home everyday with a dead phone. I've tried everything from restoring to disabling apps. It...it just isn't working for me. And what's weird is when I visited Orlando the phones battery was amazing. There's something with the signal here in nova that's killing my battery and I'm tired of it. I'm not sure what I'm going to switch to but a phone that dies before 4pm is not the phone for me...

I agree that there is a problem and many pple are enjoying good battery. All you need to do is do things which will increase your battery. Havingg said that I have see Iphone carrying pple whom I work with always carry a chord with them and see them charging iphone every so often. I believe smart phones have that problem. And may we need to change it to our use and extend battery life. you can swtich off background apps, change brightness etc.. to increase battery life. have you done that?

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Geez. My Windows Phone has the longest battery life of any phone I've ever had! Please don't give up on the great and wonderful Windows Phone, because of this. Try another Windows phone.

My Nokia Lumia 822 is the most trouble free phone I've ever had.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

When my roommate was using a G-S3she would have to carry one of those quick-charges with her all the time. Heard the same about the S-4's as well. IPhones are no different so the question is, Where ya going to go?

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

When my roommate was using a G-S3she would have to carry one of those quick-charges with her all the time. Heard the same about the S-4's as well. IPhones are no different so the question is, Where ya going to go?

Motorola android phone, they apparently have crazy good battery (the MAXX versions or whatever theyre called)

anon(5352752)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Spencer.

It is interesting to know that you have Whatsapp and Skype installed, what I was considering to be big consumers of batery.

I have copy your configuration, but the WIFI, I need BT but not WIFI and I still keep uninstalled the Skype, although if I see I can have it I will.

And for the moment, location is off also.

Let see what happens for the following two days.

Cayetano

Don't know if this means anything but I don't keep Skype signed in. I only use it when I need it.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if this means anything but I don't keep Skype signed in. I only use it when I need it.

Skype has massively improved backend now. Until last update I used to think it was a battery hog. Since last update I am signed in 24x7 - no issues. I'm slowly migrating away from Whatsapp to Viber as Viber is decent enough for chat (minus stickers, emoticons - I don't express myself :p) and call quality is close enough to Skype if both parties have 3G or better connection.

jarettp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

I agree that there is a problem and many pple are enjoying good battery. All you need to do is do things which will increase your battery. Havingg said that I have see Iphone carrying pple whom I work with always carry a chord with them and see them charging iphone every so often. I believe smart phones have that problem. And may we need to change it to our use and extend battery life. you can swtich off background apps, change brightness etc.. to increase battery life. have you done that?
I have almost no background apps on. I have a battery case and the phone runs through both batteries in a day.

jarettp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone and its MUCH different. And I actually use my iPhone during the day because its my work phone. There's no excuse for my Lumia to be dead after 8 hours if I'm barely using it.

freemind

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
As I can see from other posts battery of lumia 920 can sometimes suprised (both ways). After I' ve bought mine phone I was also couple of day disappointed. Then I have let it each night to fully charge and let it there till morning. After couple of cycles I see a difference in positive way. Try also slower charging through USB for example from computer.
Movie, listening to songs, internet ... it should last without problems a day and something. If not, go and let it change by nokia care.

P.S. go to other forums (android, ...) ... heavy users usually dont get more than one day too.

SalsaKarma

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
since the update my NL 920 battery tanks everyday by 3pm... I had battery issues when I first purchased the phone in December 2012. Then battery seemed to improve and was great for some time until now... This is ridic, I've already tried all the battery saving tips blah blah blah. I did not even use my phone yesterday it just sat on a desk all day. When I picked it up to text someone it was "critically" low at 4pm started using it at 7:30 am that morning checked email that was it.
BATTERY!!!!!!!! argh

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Those of you with battery issues, set yourself on battery saver for a day just to see if it's any different. Use it regularly, it will just update stuff only as you use it. If the battery is way way better, then it's probably something about syncing that's tripping you up.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Quick question for everyone here, how much does your battery drain on idle? I have one background task running (weather), wifi, xbox game notifications, and email pushed per hour. I get about 1-2% drain on idle. Gonna sleep here in a bit and put it on airplane mode just to see how much it drains overnight. Given 3G standby time is 460 hours, this should hardly dent my battery overnight.

Last edited:

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine had peurtico installed. The battery is average. The only thing that drains battery within hours is internet data connection and games. After 1308 update the battery looks great.

iboypx

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
This is call Nokia Lumia 920!! even its updated to 1308 firmware...Screen Shot.jpg
And then why there's hell lot of people saying the battery life isn't good? Its a killer with so good battery life

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Had my Lumia since November, been happy with battery life. Theres been like 1-2 occasions where something has sort of hung up and the device has remained warm and losing charge fast even if its not in use, fixed with a soft reset of the device. Generally speaking I've always been and still am with 920s battery life :D

sigge

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I' more than happy with my battery life. I just kill everything I'm not using. I go days without recharging. Sorry to say this, but either you guys have faulty devices or you're doing something wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlizaForbes