Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

mirzafida

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
This is weird. I was working yesterday, and my battery was draining like crazy while at work. About 4 hours off the charger, my battery was at 17% from initial 100%. Charged it, turned it off.

Today, I was working again. 10 hours off the charger, battery was at 80%. I used the phone to chat on Whatsapp as well as checking my social feeds (mehdoh and 6tag), moderate usage. Very impressed.

you should pay attention to background process and disable unnecessary application.

Teodor Adrian

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Happy owner here, got the phone for over a month now and i m very happy with it.
With some 20 minutes of calls, 10-15 mins of facebook, a few sms, a few pictures each day i usualy get 3-4 days out of a full charge. I even use the glance feature, with double tap and option to turn itself off after a while.
Even with heavy camera and internet usage i still get through a full day.

All in all i m very happy. Before buying the phone i was reading this forum and was woried but i havent encountered any kind of problems with the device so far.
From what i can tell, as long as you keep your apps in check it should be fine, i doubt everyone needs stuff like live weather update on the lockscreen or other things like this, that pointlesly drain the battery.

tamon77

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, after a year of owning my 920 and since the GDR3 update my battery has gone to crap. With 10 minutes of using data and browsing, my battery goes from 100% to 75% and then I turn my data off and just listen to music. Even then I have no chance of surviving the rest of the day with just playing music. No background tasks are running except battery pro.

So, I just bought a battery and planning on replacing it when it gets here

Same here ... So disappointed!!!

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
This is weird. I was working yesterday, and my battery was draining like crazy while at work. About 4 hours off the charger, my battery was at 17% from initial 100%. Charged it, turned it off.

Today, I was working again. 10 hours off the charger, battery was at 80%. I used the phone to chat on Whatsapp as well as checking my social feeds (mehdoh and 6tag), moderate usage. Very impressed.
Sometimes I notice that my phone is warm when it is on standby and that the battery is draining faster than it should. This sometimes happens if I don't back all the way out of an app like the Facebook app. Sometimes it doesn't matter that I back out of all apps. In these situations I shut the phone off for a few seconds and turn it back on again and the battery drain issue is gone. I do have to make sure I turn off WiFi when I'm not around an access point but other than that my battery issues have vanished.

When I'm at home I do use ##3282# to get into the Field Test menu and set 2G only since I get marginal 4G/LTE coverage.

ThinkFast81

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: lumia 920 Battery Issues

In my opinion it depends on the user himself, if he is a heavy user , and use the device for almost everything (social networks, utube, music..) this device will remain almost 6-7 hours if you are using lte network.
I have another personal tip for the battery saving , go to settings , battery saver, advanced, then choose always. This will keep remain your battery for longer.

blzr409

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 920 for a few months and it's completely unpredictable in terms of battery life. When I first got the phone it had good days and bad days. Occasionally I would have to charge it after about 12 hours, then other times I made it from Saturday morning to Sunday night without having to. Those extended periods have completely disappeared, but I will still occasionally have days where I have no problem getting through the day. There are other days, though, where it might die twice. Today, for example, I woke up around 6:00, took the phone off the charger, now it's not even 2:00 and I'm down around 25%. I haven't used the phone heavily at all and my usage really doesn't vary all that much day to day. I can't make any sense of it.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My battery has been odd since Christmas, when I last stayed at my boyfriend's house. I woke up to it being at around 72% when I woke up yesterday morning, only used it very lightly to send a Happy New Year text to a few people and play three turns of Words by Post and a couple of rounds of Angry Birds. By the early afternoon, my battery was down to 51%. Around two hours later, and I did nothing with it, the battery was down to 22%, which is when I put it on the charger. I'd noticed also that the phone was feeling unusually warm, even when it was just sitting idly on my bed. Not normal for my 920. Also, the battery drainage is at 2% per hour and has yet to return to the 1% per hour I was enjoying for weeks up until the day after Christmas. :straight:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Battery life for my 920 is better than my 8X. I'm lucky in that my work site has ****ty reception for t-mobile, and I spent 3 hours daily commuting round trip, so it rides in flight mode a lot when I bring it to work. On weekends, however, when I use my 920 the most I can get through a day fine. If I need to, I can push it to about 18 hours. I think I get about 14 hours though and that's good enough for me.

nagatofm

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
After a month of usage I can say that battery life on WP is completely random thing. Sometimes my phone gets 2 full days of usage, sometimes it's completely drained after 3 hours. The most annoying thing is that you can't really predict how things would be: once I took my Lumia off the charger at 6 AM and it went through all the day with wi-fi on and random social networks checks and after that all it lasted through a night of non-stop films (720p by the way) making me charge it again only at about 7 PM the next day. And today I was forced to charge a completely dead phone after 2 hours of some internet surfing via 3g. Sometimes it drives me nuts. But after two years with Android I've somehow used to charge the phone every night. In an average, completely typical situation it lasts a full day.

Harry Ola

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My battery life recently has been awful. Just moderate use yesterday had the phone falling over around the 12 hour mark.

I suspected the facebook live tile, but when I checked background tasks I discovered about 5 apps which had allowed themselves to run in the background. I guess some updates reset the background task status. One to look out for in the future. After blocking them all my battery has since dropped 1% in 5 hours.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

I think I might know why my battery has been off lately. This morning, I found out that my settings changed a bit on their own because Facebook Beta was suddenly running in the background. So was Battery Pro+. Previously, the only apps I allowed to run in the background were the Weather Channel and T-Mobile's MyAccount. I've reset it, so hopefully my battery will return to the 1% per hour drainage level.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

I think I might know why my battery has been off lately. This morning, I found out that my settings changed a bit on their own because Facebook Beta was suddenly running in the background. So was Battery Pro+. Previously, the only apps I allowed to run in the background were the Weather Channel and T-Mobile's MyAccount. I've reset it, so hopefully my battery will return to the 1% per hour drainage level.

And the big problem is, we have no way of knowing what is draining our battery when they start going spastic. My how nice it would be if they would come up with a app or anything we could see what is pulling it down.

My battery app just shows which network is draining by percentage. it doesn't show what app or system program is putting the pedal to the floor.

My phone has been down below 0.5 per hour for the last 2 days, and that is me using it.
One day last week it went crazy and I had a 25% battery drain in less than a hour, mine is related to auto notification on app updates when it is working everything is great, but when it goes haywire and the battery starts he rapid drain I know to find out which app needs a update. After update everything is back to great.

Right now we are nothing but part changing mechanics not having a idea of what the problem really is, Hahaha :confused:

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'd noticed also that the phone was feeling unusually warm, even when it was just sitting idly on my bed.

When the phone is warm and you don't have anything running it is time to power off and restart. The phone should noticeably cool down after. I think there are rogue threads that get stuck running. Restarting has always cleared them for me.

Last edited:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Today is a groundbreaking day for me with my 920. It's the first day I literally haven't charged my phone in two whole days. (!!!) I'm impressed, especially after how bad the battery was just after Xmas.

wp_ss_20140107_0001.png

Teodor Adrian

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
this weekend i got my first scare, left the wifi open and the phone went from 80% to dead overnight. But after the recharge and killing all background apps:
wp_ss_20140109_0001.png

Dundee18

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I have had a Lumia 920 for a year now and never had great battery life. I have discharged and charged fully a few times over the year but generally charge it overnight on the wireless plate and still need to charge it during the day sometimes. I have almost all background task turned off, just usually Vsys calendar, Powertool and Facebook running in the background. Now turned these off and only have the app - Battery - running in background. The issue is that my discharge rate still seems to be between 4%&5% an hour. I have also noticed that the phone gets warm/hot just being in my pocket.

Any advice as to how to improve this would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if some of this has been covered in the thread already. I have read several pages but I don't have the time to read 79 pages. Phone is up-to-date as the apps appear to be.

Thanks in advance.

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have had a Lumia 920 for a year now and never had great battery life. I have discharged and charged fully a few times over the year but generally charge it overnight on the wireless plate and still need to charge it during the day sometimes. I have almost all background task turned off, just usually Vsys calendar, Powertool and Facebook running in the background. Now turned these off and only have the app - Battery - running in background. The issue is that my discharge rate still seems to be between 4%&5% an hour. I have also noticed that the phone gets warm/hot just being in my pocket.

Any advice as to how to improve this would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if some of this has been covered in the thread already. I have read several pages but I don't have the time to read 79 pages. Phone is up-to-date as the apps appear to be.

Thanks in advance.
I always exit Facebook when I'm done with it. I also will turn off the phone for at least a minute if it doesn't stay cool. I also turn off WiFi when I'm away from home. At home I don't have good 4G/LTE coverage so I dial ##3282# to get to the field test menu and I force 2G. I have had quite good battery life after doing this. I also think that AT&T has made changes to their network which has helped battery life. It has been 12 hours since I took my phone off the charger and myBattery reports 71%. If none of this works then your phone might be defective.

VisualD

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Lately something is draining my battery at double the usual rate (7-8%). The only thing I know I've done differently is that shortly changed the lock screen to Flickr Central but I've changed back to the old one with no change. There has been a lot of updates though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124