Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, I keep my data off when I'm home or elsewhere where there's Wi-Fi. I'm generally a heavy texter, play games on occasion and haven't been heavy on calls for the most part. I also have keypad press sounds set to off because I've read that that will kill your battery quickly. I also only have two apps running in the background (Weather Channel and T-Mobile's MyAccount). Of course, I might have just gotten lucky with such amazing battery life. :wink:

Yeah I have similar strategy with my 920. I try to turn off data where wifi is available. I have more background tasks and sync 4 email accounts hourly. I typically get around 14-18hrs. Playing games is the biggest battery drain for me. Battery app says I have around 2% discharge per hour.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Here is my ultimate settings to improve battery.

Reset/reformat the phone
Uninstall all the bloatwares (Angry bird roost, Nokia drive, Nokia here lens, Nokia Maps, CNN, ESPN Hub, Nokia Smart Cam, Smart Shoot, App Highlights, Transfer my data, Nokia Care, Weather App, Facebook, Twitter) ETC. Until you cannot uninstall anymore apps
Then go to settings
Turned off vibrate, uncheck Key Press, and lock and unlock on Sound settings.
Choose dark theme
Set lock screen to 30 seconds
Uncheck "Notify me when new networks are found" in wifi settings
Turned off bluetooth
Turned off tap+send
Turned off Data connection and set the highest connection speed to 2G
Turned off Location
Turned off all the backup settings (auto upload)
Set brightness to Low
Set touch sensitivity to Normal
Turned off Glance
Tuned off Connect with Xbox
Now install only necessary apps that you will only use.
Then disable or blocked all the background task
Do not fully drain your battery by the way.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

MC920

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Had mine a couple of weeks now and in general is seems to be good, if not exceptional battery life.

With light use during the day from 6am to 6pm I would expect to have it at about 70% most days. For me that's usually a few watts app messages, reading a few emails, a short call or two, a bit of twitter reading and bing news, few rounds on word feud and a couple of pictures.

Something strange did happen on Monday though - I had used it for no more than 5 minutes from full charge it was on 73% having been unplugged for less than 90 minutes. I have no idea what caused it, so rebooted and it went back to normal - but that's the only time it happened.

In general it seems on par with my old S3.

Sam Wong

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I found battery drain issue on my Lumia 920 around 21~22 Nov. Then I took it to Nokia Care and ask for battery replacement. Before I took it to Nokia Care I had factory reset it, without setting up anthing or installing any app, still found battery drain issue. They have replaced the battery for me but battery drain issue is still there. I have 1 Hotmail account (Main account, push), 1 Exchange account (push) and 1 Gmail (hourly). For background tasks: Battery Performance, Bing weather, Evernote, Facebook Beta, Simple Calendar, Twitter and Whatsapp. I have all these apps running at the background before battery drain issue. The longest battery life was ~17 hours. Now just around 6-7 hours. Battery down ~15% even when idle.

I really want Microsoft will consider adding a task manager for Windows Phone 8/8.1/9...

Wendy Haylett

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
My friend and I both got 920s the same day. She has been complaining about quick battery discharge, even after light or no use. I've been having the opposite experience - great battery life and better than my iPhone 4S, even with lots going on on mine.

I played around with hers a few times with the same results. It will say 51% remaining, soon after she charges it to 100%. So I do a hard boot, powering down, then immediately powering back up. When powered back up, it says 100%. This doesn't seem like an actual battery drain to me, or it would come back up at 51% or maybe a little more - but not 100%! It sounds more like a monitoring issue. Something that misreads the actual battery status for some reason. I wasn't able to go through all 77 pages of this thread to see if this has been discussed before, but what are everyone's thoughts?

Last edited:

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
My friend and I both got 920s the same day. She has been complaining about quick battery discharge, even after light or no use. I've been having the opposite experience - great battery life and better than my iPhone 4S, even with lots going on on mine.

I played around with hers a few times with the same results. It will say 51% remaining, soon after she charges it to 100%. So I do a hard boot, powering down, then immediately powering back up. When powered back up, it says 100%. This doesn't seem like an actual battery drain to me, or it would come back up at 51% or maybe a little more - but not 100%! It sounds more like a monitoring issue. Something that misreads the actual battery status for some reason. I wasn't able to go through all 77 pages of this thread to see if this has been discussed before, but what are everyone's thoughts?
hello, i have the same issue. please, check previous page and take a look at my posts...

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
nope! :D but i still have some faith left in this last update. its not happening on a regular basis (this sudden drain), only once in a while.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
wp_ss_20131213_0004.jpg

It's new and I've been really pushing it a little bit. It really exceeded my expectations. It matched my iPhone 5's battery also considering that I use my iPhone light to moderate while I used the 920 heavily today. Impressive.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
It's new and I've been really pushing it a little bit. It really exceeded my expectations. It matched my iPhone 5's battery also considering that I use my iPhone light to moderate while I used the 920 heavily today. Impressive.

do you sue ure phone a lot? I wish my phone lasts more than 8 hours

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
do you sue ure phone a lot? I wish my phone lasts more than 8 hours

Listened to music for 10 hours (well this is a must, if I can't get through the whole day while listening to music then I'm going to sell it right away)
Downloaded a lot of apps [cellular and wi-fi]
Whatsapp
Email
A few calls
Browse the web
Took some shots

cellular [4g] really makes the battery drain so much though

I'm actually surprised that the battery is holding much better than my previous iPhone 5. Don't get me wrong the iPhone 5 battery is descent for a day of use but the 920 gave me much more juice without having to plug it in before I leave work.

I always close apps by the back button though

I've been constantly switching from 3G to Wi-fi at the office since a lot of sites are blocked.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Can I leave my phone charging overnight? I really don't have time to take it off the charger since I get home at around 9 or 10.

anon(6183039)

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
My battery life also continues and actually have gotten better lately, probably due to all the app updates the last couple of weeks. Not counting heavy games or buggy apps my phone works very well when it comes to the battery drain.

My stats for December and I'm a heavy Spotify user and use GPS every other day (or I would get lost all the time).

View attachment 51336

Hey man, what is your configuration to keep Battery consumption as low as 2% per hour?

Background task apps enabled LTE enabled? Whatsapp installed?

I can hardly get 7%/hour in my L925 with little use.

yap1992

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Lol, seriously? 34% per hour? This is the third charge for my new Lumia 920, last charged 20 mins ago. All functions off except background task for battery apps..
wp_ss_20131214_0001[1].png

kivancio

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Make sure, your system apps and OS are up to date.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
My phone has not received auto app update notifications since sometime in November and my battery drainage is usually less than 2% per hour most of time less than 1% per hour, unless I'm using the camera or on the web, using the phone doesn't seem to drain it that bad. But I've found out that every-time it starts sucking the battery down it's because I have updates for my apps, but when I turn off auto update date and time and set the calender back to a date back a few years, then turn the phone off and restart it set the auto update back on I'll have a stack of notifications for updates in the windows store, once I update everything battery drainage will go back to the normal under 2% per hour.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254