Lumia 928 on T-Mobile, unable to send SMS/text

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, they followed the letter of the law but not the spirit...

But with Android phones you have to root it to get the apn settings

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Actually it was just a problem with Nokia's Access Point program not being updated for the 928. Now that it is, the 928 works fine and will likely work on their AWS LTE network once Verizon rolls out the firmware update for that enables Verizons AWS LTE.

The ATIV Odyssey and HTC 8x are a different story, as they don't have an APN program

ibouchez

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Just chiming in to let you now you are not alone. Having the same issue . MMS works fine with the updated APN's.
SMS refuses to work even with the latest Nokia Access point update. I've tried every possible combination.
T mobile has no clue. Also only getting 3G even though I am in an 4G LTE metro area.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Last question, did you pop in the sim and it worked or dis you put a certain API? If so what is it.
The phone is SIM unlocked, just pop in the SIM and use the Access Point app in settings to choose the profile and it will work. Make sure access point is up to date though, the one the phone ships didn't save the APN properly (Verizon disabled it in the base OS settings).

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you use either the Lumia 521 or 925 on T-Mobile? Both are sold and supported by T-Mobile and designed to work with that network. Both will get T-Mobile's 4G service too. Sounds to me like you guys trying to use the 928 on T-Mobile are going out of your way to make things tough on yourselves.

aznable89

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you use either the Lumia 521 or 925 on T-Mobile? Both are sold and supported by T-Mobile and designed to work with that network. Both will get T-Mobile's 4G service too. Sounds to me like you guys trying to use the 928 on T-Mobile are going out of your way to make things tough on yourselves.

It's the phone. 925 is not the same as 928. :D

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
It's the phone. 925 is not the same as 928. :D

It's pretty darn close. Identical screens, same processor and memory, same camera. The biggest differences are the GSM/CDMA radios and that the 925 is slimmer and lighter. I'd prefer the 925 if it was available on Verizon.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
To a photog, though, the xenon flash on the 928 is plenty of reason to want it over the 925. To the person who has to have every gadget, the built-in wireless charging of the 928 beats the snap-on cover for the 925. To the person who is both (me :wink:) 925 doesn't even compare.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
To a photog, though, the xenon flash on the 928 is plenty of reason to want it over the 925. To the person who has to have every gadget, the built-in wireless charging of the 928 beats the snap-on cover for the 925. To the person who is both (me :wink:) 925 doesn't even compare.

Wouldn't you be better served with an unlocked Lumia 1020?

Rich 2

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
In the same boat, just got a 928 using it with a TMobile sim. SMS sending issues (error 1) unless the phone is in 2G. Amber FW and latest Nokia Access Point app installed. Anyone made any progress on this issues? Thanks

san_rocks

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, did you hear back from TMobile's 3rd tier support regarding this issue ?
Im facing the exact same issues with my new unlocked verizon lumia 928. Everything works except for sending txt message. It works sometimes, called 2 tier support and they kept resetting my profile on their end and it would work but then it would stop working after 2 hours. Since its intermittent, I feel they are not able to troubleshoot the issue properly.
Any advice on what you did to fix it, would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Wildflash

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the same of problem (no outgoing SMS) even after getting the internet sharing to work using the foreign SIM trick. Unlocked for GSM out of the box - don't you believe it! I really wish there was a solution to this because I would like to keep the phone but it is going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss