Lumia 950 hangs on calls when Bluetooth hands free and maps navigation are enabled, why is it doing this?

daem0n

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Lumia950 hangs on call when Bluetooth hands free and maps navigation are enabled

I was driving a car with using Lumia 950 running maps navigation (with voice enabled). The car's hands free was connected via Bluetooth with 950. Suddenly I've got a call and tried to answer on it, however phone hanged pretty badly. The screen was showing a caller ID as usually with a typical answer button and etc.
Phone froze for 10-15minutes until I pulled over to press power button for 15..20 sec to cause restart. Phone was very very hot (I know, heating and poor battery life on 950 is another issue...).

I had two SIM cards installed, the call came on 2nd one. The WiFi was disabled. The positioning was obviously enabled. Mobile internet was enabled for 2nd SIM only. I had no other apps running.
Phone has an official Windows 10, build 10.0.10586.420, updated.
Hardware revision 2.1.6.2; firmware revision 01078.00038.16025.39012

In fact, Bluetooth communication car<->Lumia950 worked couple of times with incredible disruptions and voice disturbances, though there was no hanging.

It is probably silly to ask for a solution, but I wonder if somebody has experienced a similar issue?

Previously I've had Lumia 640 Win8.1 and nothing like that has ever happened. Navigation, Bluetooth and receiving a call always worked like a clock!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia950 hangs on call when Bluetooth hands free and maps navigation are enabled

My wife uses BT on the car and has had numerous issues. The only good news is that it is slowly improving. Slowly. Please search in the Feedback hub for issues and upvote them. Quite a few are there. Others readers too if possible to get some traction in this area.

daem0n

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: Lumia950 hangs on call when Bluetooth hands free and maps navigation are enabled

My wife uses BT on the car and has had numerous issues. The only good news is that it is slowly improving. Slowly. Please search in the Feedback hub for issues and upvote them. Quite a few are there. Others readers too if possible to get some traction in this area.

Thanks for suggestion. I hope they (MS) collect all feedbacks and are fixing them soon or later.

Last edited:

daem0n

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site

Today I've tried to reproduce this behavior, however receiving a phone call worked OK when navigation and BT were on. I suspect that this is a sporadic bug, the worse kind of bugs ;-)
Coincidence of navigation voice (when it is active) and simultaneous call I will check as well soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss