"make sure bluetooth is on and your phone is close by"

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, still having this problem also. Haven't been able to reply to text reliably ever with band 2. And definitely not since getting my 950 xl. I've tried resetting band, deleting from Bluetooth on phone. Even hard reset of phone and starting from scratch. It's getting pretty annoying and highly unacceptable. Can't even show off the feature as I'm scared it won't work when I try to showcase it. Lol. I've just stopped trying, which is sad. On latest insider build and firmware (at least what's been released in US) and hasn't made one lick of a difference. My Microsoft devotion is starting to wear thin honestly.

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Yeah mine's stopped working, too. What is strange is it was working fine after updating to W10M .71, but before updating the MS Health app. But after updating the app, it only works after manually syncing in the Health app. Also, email and other notifications aren't coming through, which has never been a problem. Losing my faith also. MS please stop sucking.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the same issue now with my band and my 950xl after the latest band firmware 😢 I'm using the most recent production OS version

Thomas Schubert1

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Same here all around. INTENSELY frustrating. Considering returning it and getting something inferior from another manufacturer since they seem to have a better handle on the wearable thing.

Matt1971

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Can get my band 2 working 70% of the time in w10m by shutting down the band. Then restarting the phone. Give it a few mins to settle. Then turn the band on and let it connect when it decides too. Its crap I know, but for me at least it gets it working for a while....not permanent.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It looks like every single time there's an update to the Health app, and presumably Band firmware as well, it breaks smartwatch functionality. This is f'ing frustrating.

It's already hard enough to keep the thing functioning reliably without updates from Microsoft breaking it every single time.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Matt1971
Can get my band 2 working 70% of the time in w10m by shutting down the band. Then restarting the phone. Give it a few mins to settle. Then turn the band on and let it connect when it decides too. Its crap I know, but for me at least it gets it working for a while....not permanent.

Yup reboots seem to help, same is stuff like mobile hotspot.... Sigh, do I have to reboot every time I want to try to do something when communicating with other devices. New SOP lol

z8er

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat! Even updated to today's latest build of WM10, 14267.1004. Lumia 950XL. Just like all of you, has never worked reliably, and pretty much SUCKS! CMON MAN!

Blake Seaman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
After a chat with customer support, I sent mine in for replacement. I think I'll probably sell it at this point... Loved the use I got out of it, but it feels like a 1.5 gen device.

CellularMan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm in disbelief that this has not been fixed yet. You would think MS would have their engineers working over time to fix this. 5 months post launch and it's still broken

willgill

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Sigh.... I just came across this thread hoping it was fixed. It's such a cool feature when it works, but it's hard to impress iOS and Android fans when Microsoft stuff in their own ecosystem doesn't work.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Yep I though I see how this bug was going
Sad after 3 months its still the same for me - useless
I have had 2 bands ands and 2 950xl's = same rubbish
embarrassing demoing this to mates they just laugh and say crappy Microsoft stuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz