Microsoft Health Live Tile not working, how can I fix it?

okkenbom

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft Health Live Tile not working

Hi,
on build 14372 on the 1520 and the Microsoft Health app's live tile (or tranparency) is not working. It hasn't worked since I bought the band in April, I believe, so it isn't tied to these latest builds at least, but may be tied to being on Insider builds.

My stocks and weather are also only updating when manually syncing inside the app. I suspect this is tied to the lack of live tile (and maybe lack of running in the background even though it says in the settings that it does).

Notifications on the band still work.

Hopefully you have inputs on how to fix this issue, because it is driving me crazy; especially not getting updated weather and stocks :)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Health Live Tile not working

Hi,
on build 14372 on the 1520 and the Microsoft Health app's live tile (or tranparency) is not working. It hasn't worked since I bought the band in April, I believe, so it isn't tied to these latest builds at least, but may be tied to being on Insider builds.

My stocks and weather are also only updating when manually syncing inside the app. I suspect this is tied to the lack of live tile (and maybe lack of running in the background even though it says in the settings that it does).

Notifications on the band still work.

Hopefully you have inputs on how to fix this issue, because it is driving me crazy; especially not getting updated weather and stocks :)

have you checked whether these apps are enabled to run in the background? in settings> privacy >background apps

okkenbom

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site

Yes, "Microsoft Health" is enabled for running in the background. That would be the only app needed, right?

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

Since moving to W10M from WP 8.1 many users have reported sync problems. Cortana issues too. Latest Microsoft Health update (6/22) did nothing to fix situation.

Matt1971

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

Same here. Health Live tile doesn't work. Plus weather and calendar tiles on the Band do not update until I sync the Band manually

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Same here, it is a rather widespread problem since at least build 14366, I believe

EliteShim

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
The live tile used to work for me, but since I got a replacement band it's been busted. It also does not actually seem to sync in the background so I need to open the app to get the band2 data to sync to Microsoft Health.

And yes, it's allowed to run in the background (if it's not it will aggressively warn you when you launch the app).

Snazrael

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Also not has not worked for me since jumping on Redstone, any 14xxx build. Neither the Live Tile, nor background syncing for weather. Glad to see its not just me. I'm going to disable the Health app's backup and reinstall and see if that has any affect - will report back. Also wonder if it could have anything to do with the new version of the Health app that WC reported on a while back. Perhaps that app brings the true Redstone compatibility.

Stanleywinston

May 31, 2015
Visit site

I also have this issue. Just to tile out the Redstone thing,a friend has a 950 on production build and he also has the same issue

OP Johansson

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Same for me, no live tile and no background sync, a real shame :(

Have any of you reported it in feedback hub?

The more reports the quicker MS will get on the problem hopefully

Dave McQueary

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
My live tile has never worked, nor has transparency.

Today though, a small number 5 appeared in the bottom right of the tile, much like Facebook Messenger would if I had messages to read. Opened the app I don't have any items unviewed (the lighter blue of the tiles)

Very strange

Stanleywinston

May 31, 2015
Visit site

is anyone that is having the no live tile/no weather updates/etc installed the health app on more than one device? I'm sure mine stopped working about the time they released the app for desktop and I installed it on my surface

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Worked on my 1520 on the previous "release" build (so no Insider), but now that I've gone to 393.5, no joy... Also no Cortana, it just says something along the lines of "I'm not talking to Cortana right now", but I do see Cortana opening and closing again on the phone.

Snazrael

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Disabling the Health apps backup before reinstalling had no affect.

@Stanleywinston This is an interesting observation. Have you tried uninstalling any of the other versions of the app to see if it resolves the issue? Or perhaps it's just this version of the app that introduced the issues altogether.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't think the live tile works on the Redstone builds. I've been in the Insider fast ring with my 640 XL for a couple months without a working live tile. I just got a new 950 on the latest official release (10586.494). The live tile is working just fine on this build.

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Poit57, 10586.545 is the latest release now ;). But it's working there as well. The insider builds broke something along the way I guess. I hope it will not be the case in the final build that will roll out as Anniversary update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb