Microsoft Keeping an Eye on Blackberry after Nokia Deal

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Let's talk war stragety here.....

The bridge you are fighting over may not seem that important to you, but it is if it keeps it out of the hands of your enemy.

If MS buys BlackBerry and it's assets, Google and Apple cannot. Neither can another company looking to squeeze MS from other directions.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
If Nokia and BlackBerry reproduced and Windows Phone sat on the offspring, by god we could be witnessing the second coming of Christ!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
oh yeah very useful. Then MS will ditch skype for BBM integration

Sent from my RM-821_apac_indonesia_311 using Tapatalk

Skype will still be the cross platform job, but BBM (perhaps Microsoft Messenger? Integrate it into the Xbox One and Windows 8 too, similar to iMessage and FaceTime for iOS and Mac OS) will be the Microsoft exclusive one. That's what I meant. Both integrated.

john_v

Oct 15, 2006
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com

The bridge you are fighting over may not seem that important to you, but it is if it keeps it out of the hands of your enemy.

If MS buys BlackBerry and it's assets, Google and Apple cannot. Neither can another company looking to squeeze MS from other directions.

This is exactly what I was thinking. There are pluses and minuses to a BBRY purchase, but I'd rather see MS than apple. Can you imagine all of BBRY's patents in apples hands?

Sebsweden

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I would love for WP to become the defacto "serious business phone". I have no use for insta-talking cat-hipster-gamerz-apps on my phone. If they bought BB, that would be another step in that direction wouldn't it? Office on WP is one of the main reasons I'm buying a Lumia. Nokia apps is another (HERE maps, transit, express).

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

This is the end purpose if MS buys BB. I heard Lenovo is also interested in BB. They may try to buy their way into smart phones. MS would be smart to keep that from happening so they can consolidate 3rd place.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
If M$ wanted to buy BB, their chances be slim because it would still need regulator and board approval, yes? If Nokia was already approved and under their belt I don't think they would be allowed to scarf up another phone juggernaut. M$ just needs the patents, they know this and perhaps they'll try to throw money at it to make it work.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Before even thinking about Blackberry, Microsoft better buy Jitterbug before Apple snatches them up to have a monopoly the young Iphone hipsters and the old Jitterbug broken hipsters.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Certainly an idea, but I think MS will do just as the title says. "Keep an eye" on them. The next few months BB might go private, sell out, or go bust. I'm sure Apple and Google are keeping an eye on BB as well. MS more closely than others likely... They might have a lead on Blackberry, but I don't see it as solid enough.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't see the point in Microsoft buying BlackBerry. MS already has a mobile OS and just purchased part of Nokia. BB and WP are so far apart I don't see how the two could even be combined.

Davingtons

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I think Microsoft should buy BB.

BB still has a market in the Enterprise, and it would be good to see WP become the dominant phone in the Enterprise - something I could see happening if MS bought BB.

A rebranded BBM, or integration of BBM technology into Skype could be a very dominant messaging solution.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't see the point in Microsoft buying BlackBerry. MS already has a mobile OS and just purchased part of Nokia. BB and WP are so far apart I don't see how the two could even be combined.

If they bought them it would be to simply buy market share and convert it to WP. There would probably be another generation or two of BB OS that would look increasingly like WP and then they would be combined. Considering most of BB's users are enterprise customers who are using Office on their laptops and desktops, migrating to a system that is more seamlessly integrated with Office would be a plus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire