Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Build 10536 how do you like it?

Hi. My first post here!!

I'm not sure what you mean by ringtone personalisation, but assume that you mean setting different ringtones for different contacts?

I have a Lumia 635, and am on build 10536 and I have been able to set different ringtones and text message tones for different contacts from my own custom created tones.

Back in the days when I had an iPhone I had created some ringtones from my own music library on my laptop, saved in m4r format.

After updating to build 10536, I hooked my Lumia 635 up to my laptop and copied the m4r files through (the laptop's) file explorer into the "Ringtone" folder showing in my phone storage.

I have been able to edit and change individual contact's ringtones and text message tones via the people app, with the custom tones I have allocated to them playing when they call or text me.

I have also been able to change some app notification tones through "Settings > System > Notifications and actions", then choosing the relevant app in the list and changing the default tone to one of my m4r files.

If this is not what you were meaning, then please ignore me! :smile:

Regards,
Paul

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

My Lumia Icon has really terrible time with 536. Lots of battery burn, Resuming, slowdowns, Loading, crashes. Corrupt photos from camera. I personally had enough, rolled back to 8.1 (likely to get an iPhone next week).

kiteless

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

Buttery and awesome on a spare Lumia 640 I have. Runs like poo on the Lumia 630. Currently using it as my daily driver. Only problem I have is long press to save a image out of Edge sometimes takes a very gentle touch to get working. Also info on lock screen takes like a second to pip up. Battery life seems very good still. I didn't use this phone much when WP8.x on it. Also have a Blu Win HD LTE still running stock 8.1 with what ever the latest update is. For now that's the fallback phone.

// K

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site

536 look much better then previous preview build but it seems that with this build is returned bug where all paid apps become trial or showing ads, one of them is Windows Central which now showing ads and this is really annoying. Does anyone else experiencing same issue?

Shai Petel

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Giving up on win10
So far win8.1 much better
After so many builds I tried, I finally decided to go back to 8.1 until they have a better build

The main things that made me reach this decision:
1. Camera hardly work
2. Camera upload never works
3. Batter on my L1520 used to last 2 days, now it lasts 4 hours with almost no use

The most surprising thing was to find out so many 8.1 features were dropped , not implemented and simply forgotten about

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

L1520 - AT&T. Went from 8.1 to 10536. No hard reboot.

Over all I am much happier than when it was at the 10512 version. However, the alarm app doesn't sound off, and the Mail & Calendar app won't show calendar items I had created, although the items created on the phone do show up on my PC's app. Generally I am unhappy with the Mail app just for the sheer clunkiness of switching between Outlook mail and Google mail.

Still wish it had a landscape mode for the start screen's tiles.

djkano

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

OMG, the voice recognition on keyboard on this build is far better than any other voice recognition software I tested on my life.

Dunde

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

532 on 10536. It's seems slower than 10512. I saw loading/resume screen many times after updating, something rare to be seen on 10512.

dean_mabe

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Lumia Icon. Had to roll back to 8.1. Everything worked great, except Cortana. I spend a lot of time driving and I rely on Cortana too much for text and phone calls. Cortana is better in 10536 but not quite there yet, for me. My backup is a Lumia 928 but the wifi doesn't work. I ordered a new motherboard so I'll get it up and running an then use the Icon to play with WP10.

ImaMess

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

830 (The latest build) Ummmm hard reset 3 times. No windows messaging app, sd card issues. After trying almost every chat/messaging app in the store, (they are awful). I found a link to get the windows messaging app back. Other than those 2 issues..works pretty smoothly.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site

The build won't install, it's been about 4 days that it's been trying to download and install, keeps
give an error during preparing to install, mine at 6% a friend get a little further, then quits with the
error 0x800705b4. I'm at the point where I'm about to stop checking the phone to see it's status.
The build repeats trying to download and install over and over, but each time errors out. I sent
feedback, but don't think anyone is checking or doesn't know how to fix the problem. I'm glad
I have a main phone, since Windows 10 mobile is no where near ready for production. As long
as it won't open the start screen after unlocking and displaying loading and resuming makes it
bad and not worth telling friends about the phone.:unhappy:

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Hi Guys,

I want to downrade to 8.1 and then update to 10536 but I have a big problem

I can't install Windows Phone Reovery Tool nor Lumia Recovery tool.

Check the screen shot. This has been showing for over 4 hours, no progress from that point. I've tried and cancelled several times in the past few days.

Capture.JPG

Is there any other way of going back to WP8.1? I've done the driver signature thing shown before when I was getting hash errors but this is different

Really need help on this

Thank you

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

It's the first build to make me rollback to 8.1. I'm staying here until RTM. If some issues aren't resolved, I hate to say it, but I may look elsewhere. If I happened to end up around a shopping strip today I'll at least pickup an S6 Edge and play around with it.

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

-Cortana doesn't work via voice.
-MS Edge is a ******* joke. Pages don't load up correctly. Page refresh when I try to scroll, pages don't load at all, and playing videos is a gamble.
-Full bars of LTE and Cortana cant communicate with network
-Full bars of LTE and anything that required network such as Outlook, Edge, News, and etc. Get check network connection message. Have to reboot.
-WiFi connection drops constantly

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site

This build is amazing...runs very fast on my Lumia 630. Did a clean install from 8.1 to 10536, and its great, very very fast, no crashes ( except zStorage :), and I like design a lot. I don't understand why people complain about design, ux and ui... windows 8.1 mobile looks so outdated compared to this..if MSFT polishes, fixes few bugs and glitches, than win10m is ready for release in less than a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy