MS failing in marketing (again)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't call it a MS fail. More of it being the US where Apple is king and people still think only they make tablets. I'm sure that even if it was an Android tablet they probably would have called it an iPad.

Saying that, I think their attempts at marketing are pathetic. They always seem to go for big things.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd call it great marketing by Apple, not a marketing fail by Microsoft.

iPads are marketed so good that every tablet is synonymous to an 'iPad'. A lot of people are calling my Tab Pro a Samsung 'iPad'..

Someone: Nice iPad
Me: It's not an iPad, it's a Samsung Tab
Someone: Yeah that's what I said.. It's a Samsung iPad..
Me: ......yeah

The iPads are like the Colgate of Tablets. Both brands are almost synonymous to the generic product they belong to.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

iPads are marketed so good that every tablet is synonymous to an 'iPad'. A lot of people are calling my Tab Pro a Samsung 'iPad'..

The iPads are like the Colgate of Tablets. Both brands are almost synonymous to the generic product they belong to.

those retarded idiots... doesn't even know the difference between pad and tablet...

extra:
those isheep who think iphone 6 is "new", i just want to say...
etHV6fS.jpg

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

What? Great marketing by APPL? Okay.

If I spend 400.000.000 on marketing, I make DAMN sure the people I have hired have make crystal clear ALL THE WAY DOWN THE LINE what is the "number one" product we talk about... How thats done, its not my problem, its the media company's problem. That is why Im paying the money. If something like this happens, someone dropped the ball and ultimately it falls to MS for hiring the wrong people, again.

Apple didnt do any marketing here, they are just the market leader, thats not an excuse.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
What? Great marketing by APPL? Okay.

If I spend 400.000.000 on marketing, I make DAMN sure the people I have hired have make crystal clear ALL THE WAY DOWN THE LINE what is the "number one" product we talk about... How thats done, its not my problem, its the media company's problem. That is why Im paying the money. If something like this happens, someone dropped the ball and ultimately it falls to MS for hiring the wrong people, again.

Apple didnt do any marketing here, they are just the market leader, thats not an excuse.

Apple isn't just the market leader, they are also credited by the public on bringing tablets to the market. All of us tech geeks know that Apple did not invent the tablet nor were they the first one to ever announce such devices but only a very small percentage of the public knows this.

Apple marketed both the iPhone and the iPad beyond expectations. I think they are brainwashing people but at the same time I think it's genius.

The thing why the iPhone didn't have such a name legacy is that shortly after they found mainstream success, the Galaxy Line by Samsung went on to be a definite competitor of the iPhone hence subdividing people and eventually all of us called these mini computers "smartphones". The smart phone market has too much competition now. We have Apple, Samsung, Sony, Huawei, LG and HTC being the top sellers, of course Nokia is not that far away Worldwide at least.

While in the tablet market, the iPad is the king. Sure, Android rules the tablet market as well but none of those Android tablets stood out and went on as a worthy competitor of the iPad. Samsung made tablets right after the launch of the iPad but it took them YEARS to get it right. Actually it's only this year when they launched the Pro, Note and S series they got it right. The Nexus series of tablets gained attention when it was released only to be outshined by the introduction of the iPad mini a few months after.

While the Surface Pro 3 is gaining traction, the iPad is still THE tablet to beat in terms of popularity. It was launched at the height of the popularity of the iPhone and it was marketed well as you can see. Apple took advantage of the iPhone to introduce the iPad and it worked.

Late comers always find it hard to gain traction. Word of mouth would always be our best friend and right now, it's doing wonders for the SP3.

chris88492

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Dont bother trying to explain anything to these thick-skulled MS fans. I mean, we are all MS fans here, but you have to realize that Apple is a world class brand, and that there is a reason every other company desperately tries to slander Apple. Apple has something that no one else has................... [stay tuned]. Android has a WAY greater market cap than Apple, yet Android feels intimidated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)