My original song mp3 is showing up in Groove Music as a Japanese artist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarred Lagergren

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

So I have recently been creating my own music through Soundtrap. Just today I downloaded one of my finished songs to have it on my computer. I tried adding it to one of my playlists and at first I couldn't find it, but I noticed this random album on the album list. The name is Japanese, and features a picture of a man kissing a bird as the album cover. The only problem is, that when I go into the album, the only song there is mine, titled Wave Rider. Has anyone had this problem before?

Perhaps it is a Soundtrap issue, but my Soundtrap account is private, and there are no other collaborators but me, so I have no idea how this information is being attached to the mp3 file.

Somehow my mp3 file from Soundtrap is being read as this 2002 Japanese album... I am also going to be inquiring about this on Soundtrap as well.

If anyone has seen anything like this at all, your help would be much appreciated, this is so bizarre and I really don't feel comfortable having someone else's image and name randomly attached to a song I made...

Thanks again for any help!

Attachments

• Soundtrap, wave rider.png
    Soundtrap, wave rider.png
    171.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Japanese artist.png
    Japanese artist.png
    284.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Bizarre.png
    Bizarre.png
    258 KB · Views: 2

gmoore114

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Don't know anything about soundtrap.

How an mp3 is tagged, metadata, gives you the mp3 information you see when you put it in a player from artist to album art.
So, how did the metadata get entered for your song?
Did you tag it or did shoundtrap.

if you are creating original work and it uploads I would think you should be very knowledgeable in mp3 tagging.
Take a look at all the mp3 tag info that can be a part of the metadata. There are different versions of tag info, ID3v1 and ID3v2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3

You will need software to read and edit tag info, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_editor

Jarred Lagergren

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, as I said before I have only started using Soundtrap and creating music on their recently, I am still pretty new to a lot of this. As far as tagging is concerned, it must all be on Soundtraps end, as I have not been doing that.

That being said, I did put in a request with soundtrap earlier today, but you make it sound like this is something I can go in and edit manually, I will definitely do some reading up and get myself versed in this process.

Thanks for your help, thus far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap