Nokia 822 Random Lock Ups and Reboots?

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
One of the problems is that neither Nokia nor Microsoft will say that the last release included a fix for the lockup problem. Because even if it fixed the lockup problem but it was a coincidence instead of by design the next release could bring it back.
Not likely.. From what I've heard, it was an issue with the Bluetooth stack. That stack has been changed out.

Well over a week, no problems. They would have happened by now. It is fixed.

ChrisGH

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It appears to be a combination of hardware and software. The hardware relationship can be deduced from the fact that only some of the Nokia Windows phones of each type have the malfunction and it is unlikely to be different versions of the OS or due to apps as people have reported it with a freshly cleaned phone -- I am one. Since Nokia (or at least a Nokia person) has said that an update to fix the problem will be available this summer it would appear to be a relationship between the hardware and the software. It might be a race condition that occurs on phones that are slightly slower or faster than most.

Most of the reports that I have seen say the problem occurs within the first few days of having the phone. So if you have had your phone for a while without any lock ups it will probably remain lock up free.

It seems like this problem with the Nokia 822 with Windows OS has gone on for a while. Seems like everyone is hoping for the next update that never comes. Here, me the consumer is sold a phone through Verizon that is known to be faulty. There are so many posts with screen lock-up & resetting by taking the battery out that go back over a year. Verizon please stop selling a faulty phone & start with customer service by helping your customers out. Please do not purchase a Nokia Windows Phone, Please !!

sabermanX

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
It seems like this problem with the Nokia 822 with Windows OS has gone on for a while. Seems like everyone is hoping for the next update that never comes. Here, me the consumer is sold a phone through Verizon that is known to be faulty. There are so many posts with screen lock-up & resetting by taking the battery out that go back over a year. Verizon please stop selling a faulty phone & start with customer service by helping your customers out. Please do not purchase a Nokia Windows Phone, Please !!

Are you still having a problem? Other posters reported the problem as fixed by the last update.

ChrisGH

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I went to Verizon store & they worked with phone. I also called Verizon & spoke to customer service & tech service. They said I had the latest version. I did do a phone restart with the tech at Verizon. It has worked for since friday. Any idea what the latest update is called ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria