Nokia Lumia 925 Battery life

minu94

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! I want to change my Galaxy S3 with a Lumia 925. My question is, how is the battery life? Bear in mind that I usually have 3g always on, cellular data almost always on, I will use Whatsapp and Facebook pretty heavy (plus toast notifications and live tiles) and bluetooth on. Will I get atleast 10-11 hours out of it?

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
The first few days after you got it out of the box the battery life will not be very satisfying; it needs a few full charge cycles to get it's full potential.
Mobile data connection (and the screen) are the Achilles' heel of every smartphone when it comes to battery life. Depending on the network coverage and reception quality and what you consider "heavy usage" you could reach 10-11 hours of battery life.
Keep in mind that certain settings can prolong your battery life (turn off glance/double tap to wake up, GPS, NFC, brightness on low, sync intervals on manual/long intervals, close apps you don't need, ...). And if your battery is low Battery Saver will help you too.

This does not mean you shouldn't use the functions of your phone because they drain the battery, it just means you should turn off the functions you're not using anyway.

But as an example (I know, a bit outdated): before the 925 I had a Galaxy S+, the battery life was terrible. With moderate use (mobile data and 3G on, Facebook and WhatsApp, brightness on low, some SMS and reading Emails) it would last on a workday till a bit after lunch, so about 5-6 hours. Now with the 925 I can do that and even more (listening to audiobooks for about 3 hours, writing emails, mobile data and 4G on, browsing the WP store and on the way home even play half an hour Shuffle Party and once I am home I switch from mobile data and 4G to WiFi and 2G and don't bother charging it till I go to bed. So it lasts from about 7AM to 9PM; equal 13 hours.

richard_rsp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just switched carriers from Verizon to AT&T and thought it would be a good opportunity to branch out from the iPhone I normally carry. I had tried an HTC 8X last year and battery life was my main complaint. Needless to say, it was also a concern when considering the Nokia 925.

Luckily, I have been pleasantly satisfied with the battery life. As people have said before, the first couple of days, battery life was pretty bad (almost returned to a Moto X - tried that for a week or so before the Lumia). But I stuck it out with the 925 and now am super glad I did. I leave WiFi, location, and Bluetooth on; on LTE most of the day. I have NFC, glance, and display "double tap" turned off. While they were nice at first, I found that I didn't really use them on a regular basis. For accounts, I have Facebook, Twitter, and 3 email accounts synced. Overall, with 30 min GPS to work and 30 mins home, regular texting and browsing Facebook / Internet, I can make it a full day on a charge. However, I do carry a charging cable in the car just in case.

Is it the best battery life I have had? No. But I feel that it is satisfactory for how i use it and I know I could get a lot longer life if I would just leave it alone!

Screen and GPS are big battery killers. Not familiar with Whatsapp, so not sure how it would be affected.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I just switched carriers from Verizon to AT&T and thought it would be a good opportunity to branch out from the iPhone I normally carry.

May I ask what your usage included with the iPhone on a normal day? I still don't get how Apple makes their iPhone's battery life so long (is it hust the Li-Po battery?), since they usually have less mAh.

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been very happy with the battery life on my 925. With moderate usage I end up with 40% or so left at the end of the day. I haven't had to charge it during the day since I got it.

Pratham Sarwate

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
i've used a 925 and it's battery life has been really bad. i had a 520 before and that gave a much better performance. if you constantly have 3G data on and use whatsapp and FB heavily, you won't get over 3-4 hours of battery, even with all other antennas off and brightness low.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
With heavy usage (LTE, 5 Emails, Facebook, Whatsapp, 5-6 hours of music streaming/bluetooth, Whatsapp, lots of WPCentral, etc.) I get about 2 days and on stand by....

WP_20131213_12_22_29_Pro.jpg

richard_rsp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
May I ask what your usage included with the iPhone on a normal day? I still don't get how Apple makes their iPhone's battery life so long (is it hust the Li-Po battery?), since they usually have less mAh.

Same general usage as the Lumia 925 (except I didnt have my Microsoft Email account linked and rarely used the GPS for commuting). I use the iPhone as my standard for comparing other phones, so I wanted to make sure the Lumia 925 was comparable (it is). I usually would make it through the day with about 20% - 30% remaining. The Lumia is slightly more power hungry with lots of usage, but standby seems a bit better (Today I have had light to medium use and am at 70% with 9 hours since last charge).

I'm not sure why the iPhones last so long - I have always just assumed they are more efficient at processing; especially compared to Android phones. I guess if you only have one phone to make per year, you can tailor the efficiency.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had this year, Note 2, S4, Xperia Z, Xperia Z1, 1020 and now my 925 and the battery performance from best to worst was Note 2, Z1, 925, 1020, S4 then the Z

The 925 was a fair bit better than the S4, in fact the 925 is not that far behind the Z1

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
i've used a 925 and it's battery life has been really bad. i had a 520 before and that gave a much better performance. if you constantly have 3G data on and use whatsapp and FB heavily, you won't get over 3-4 hours of battery, even with all other antennas off and brightness low.

There must be something wrong with your phone. I've never NOT made it through the day without having to charge, even with heavy usage.

WinLVR

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I have been using my Lumia 925 from last 14 days now, so far loving it.

Little disappointed on battery front, initially few days it was worst. Then now over teh time gradually it has increased a bit.
I have discovered something by suing inside application is that when I am on wifi where my signals shows 100% it is consuming more battery about 4-5% in an hour with idle state.
If I keep the wifi off and running on 3 G it reduces to 2-3 % per hour with 2 g it's only 1% per hour.

Have you views on battery consumption of 925.

lorenzosjb

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Horrible, the battery drains in half a day, even using all the tips from Nokia for saving energy. With the bad 3g connection and the "uggg" shared connection, I can say with phone is just a waste of time and money.

Elli Dzill

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Horrible, the battery drains in half a day, even using all the tips from Nokia for saving energy. With the bad 3g connection and the "uggg" shared connection, I can say with phone is just a waste of time and money.

I have the same problem too. I bought this phone 6 days ago. I have to charge my battery twice a day. I've seen several posts saying that the battery live improves by time, that is, after being charged for few weeks. I hope it will work for me. Because using a phone that must be charged twice daily is really horrible. Is replacing the the battery advisable?

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
have been using my 925 for 4 days...same battery issues plus getting hot...found out that rebooting corrects the heating...also hope that over time the battery improves...:unhappysweat::unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077