Office 365 subscription ended, and did not revert to Office mobile on Lumia 1520 win 10

Bozhidar Gyulmezov

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Really?
Not only do you give Android and Apple Smartphones a free fully functional office, but under Windows 10 we don't even get the lame mobile version we had in Win 8?

Now I can only view files, and not even write something inside a word or excel document?
You advertised that devices under 10" will have free office under win 10! Lumia 1520 is 'only' 6".

And why did you dropped .txt support from office?
Micro$oft Y u do dis?

Just downloaded the Lumia software recovery tool.
Unsatisfying (or no) answer here will lead me to reverting to Win 8.1 Cyan.
Tomorrow.

And my next smartphone will be Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge+ when it comes out.
Never again windows mobile!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Reinstall the Office apps as well as making sure they are up-to-date. The read-only thing is a bug that likes to persist and I thought TXT editing was added. I could be wrong though.

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Although there must be an issue, I'm with you. Windows 10 era is the worst thing ever happened to Microsoft, and the only responsible for this is Microsoft themselves. Windows 10 Mobile is such a fiasco no matter if it is Threshold or Redstone or whatever the flavor is, it is just a malfunctioning POS.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Although there must be an issue, I'm with you. Windows 10 era is the worst thing ever happened to Microsoft, and the only responsible for this is Microsoft themselves. Windows 10 Mobile is such a fiasco no matter if it is Threshold or Redstone or whatever the flavor is, it is just a malfunctioning POS.

I quite like win10 so far. And as I use office 365 for my business it just works

Sent from mTalk on Windows Phone 10

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure what is causing your issue, but my 950 has a fully functional Office suite. It is not read only, I can edit and create documents, spreadsheets etc etc.

ananve

May 22, 2016
Visit site
You should not get a read only version on W10M. You get a mobile version. Same as iOS and Android. Maybe some features are not equivalent between platforms but they are all limited versions.

MS made it clear that iOS and Android Office are 'mobile' version.

Posted from my Surface 3 running W10

Bozhidar Gyulmezov

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
wp_ss_20160827_0002.jpg
As maybe you can observe, it is read only.
I also attempted to save a copy, it was again read only.
My office was updated to the latest version.

Anyway, followed the advice of xandros9, and reinstall of office fixed the things, including .txt support. Let's see if in 1 month I will again receive "office 365 subscription will expire".

Since the better office was the only thing keeping me back from reverting to Win 8, I will delay it for the moment.
Even if I am quite annoyed by the Facebook app (even more than I was under win 8), and the ever increasing battery drain, already 2 times bigger than Cyan.

Last edited by a moderator:

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
It works like this:
if you subscribed for Office 365, your office apps have updated that day and I believe gained some extra functionality that is not available on the free office apps. If you cancelled the subscription, you should have looked for updates in the Store, I believe the apps would downgrade in that case.
I can understand your frustration (though you should have checked out what are possible solutions on this issue), but you shouldn't expect that everyone around here understands your frustration too.

Bozhidar Gyulmezov

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
It works like this:
if you subscribed for Office 365, your office apps have updated that day and I believe gained some extra functionality that is not available on the free office apps. If you cancelled the subscription, you should have looked for updates in the Store, I believe the apps would downgrade in that case. .
I did, and they did not.
Anyway My mistake is I did not search deep enough in this forum, as the first several pages of google / bing searches returned only results in the direction "how to extend office subscription", but here the results were available on earlier pages.

I will just leave this here:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...m/a217e5a7-62e5-4938-ae1e-3b7ac2c028b3?page=1
You can thank me later for the solution, if you have not noticed this (repeatable) example of unethical programming from Micro$oft.
Goodbye.

10x to all the rest who really tried to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
After reading this thread, I tried creating new documents in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
In Excel and PP, it worked, I was able to create and Edit new documents. But in Word I am getting error message as Office 365 subscription needed.
Should I uninstall Word and install again?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
After reading this thread, I tried creating new documents in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
In Excel and PP, it worked, I was able to create and Edit new documents. But in Word I am getting error message as Office 365 subscription needed.
Should I uninstall Word and install again?

Yes

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Uninstalling and re-installing "Word" app did the trick. Now I can add/edit Word documents, and error about Office 365 is not displayed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss