Official Lumia 920 GDR2/Amber Update Thread

lionfish0

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Please if you find any solution for the stuttering/chopping problem don't forget to post it or send me pm. I see the problem now everywhere expect on the homescreen.
My temporary files were always around 400-500mb and now it is never over 50mb which is another positive thing of Amber.

Yes! I mean, YEEEES !!!

After many trials and errors I was able to find that exact one little option that causes this chopping mess. I've tested this several times, reproducing the issue and then fixing it again and again, just to make sure that its the one I'm looking for.
So-o-o-o :) The problem is with the "double-tap to wake" feature. But it's not enough to simply switch it off, you have to restart your phone after doing that.
Just try that - you'll notice how smoothly everything scrolls: photos, settings, well, everything :)
As for me, I can certainly live without this "double-tap" feature, as long as it ensures the most responsive and smooth user experience possible.
But I really hope they will admit this issue and apply some fix in the next update.

Last edited:

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Mine other data is increased instead of decreasing. It was 3gb before the update but now its 5gb after the update. Anyone else facing this issue?

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
just made a quick video recording demo with the Nokia Pro Cam. SOUND IS SOOO MUCH BETTER IN STEREO!!!!! it's hands down my default camera app now!!!

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
So has anyone done pre vs Amber picture quality tests? PLEASE DO IT! The only thing that I may bother updating for is image quality. I know Pro Cam has features etc.. etc.. but I wanna see image comparisons under same lighting and same conditions and same settings on the phone to see what is the "improvement to imaging algorithms" all about.

I have some before/after comparison... the Pro Cam app is better in every way EXCEPT night shots... the color is a little bit richer after Amber update.

spiderbatman

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I am using the phone in India. Updated it a couple of days ago. Since then facing this wi-fi issue.
As soon as the screen is locked, wi-fi gets disconnected and when I again unlock the screen, it automatically attempts to connect..

I think the same issue was there before GDR 1.. and GDR 1 eventually brought this bug fix. Anyone else facing this issue? What is the solution?

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am using the phone in India. Updated it a couple of days ago. Since then facing this wi-fi issue.
As soon as the screen is locked, wi-fi gets disconnected and when I again unlock the screen, it automatically attempts to connect..

I think the same issue was there before GDR 1.. and GDR 1 eventually brought this bug fix. Anyone else facing this issue? What is the solution?

It is not an issue you can change the behavior from advance wifi settings. it is there even in GDR1

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes! I mean, YEEEES !!!

After many trials and errors I was able to find that exact one little option that causes this chopping mess. I've tested this several times, reproducing the issue and then fixing it again and again, just to make sure that its the one I'm looking for.
So-o-o-o :) The problem is with the "double-tap to wake" feature. But it's not enough to simply switch it off, you have to restart your phone after doing that.
Just try that - you'll notice how smoothly everything scrolls: photos, settings, well, everything :)
As for me, I can certainly live without this "double-tap" feature, as long as it ensures the most responsive and smooth user experience possible.
But I really hope they will admit this issue and apply some fix in the next update.

Yuuup that did the trick. I turnd double tap to wake off yesterday night anyway, but for some reason didn't restart the phone. Now its smooth as silk again LOVE IT.
I hope Nokia updates display+touch and resolve this issue ASAP.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

This is not a bug.this helps you save your battery. It automatically disable the wifi when the screen is locked but when are downloading apps or anything and the screen time runs out it will not disable the wifi unless the download is complete. If you want the wifi to always stay on go to settings then wifi and click on advance and tick keep wifi on when screen times run out ( warning the battery will decrease ) .

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
any one realise that on Amber after switch-off and on phone master volume goes to 13/30 and before amber my lumia after switch off/on stayed on master volume which is before swittching off
i used 22/30

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
any one realise that on Amber after switch-off and on phone master volume goes to 13/30 and before amber my lumia after switch off/on stayed on master volume which is before swittching off
i used 22/30

I m not on amber and my volume still defaults to 13/30

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok than, but that is little strange for me and before amber thats no default on my phone after switch on, allways stayed on presset before switching off

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Before Amber
switch on
preset master volume to 22/30
switch off phone
switch on phone
master same 22/30

on Amber
switch on
master volume 13/30