Official Lumia 920 GDR2/Amber Update Thread

teo155

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
cahce files,i guess after app is installed it requires some more space.same happens in a pc .worry not dude its not a bug.this is a common issue.just try to remove temp files by storage checker.
May I ask you how much space storage is fill for your Nokia Reading or Foursquare app please?
Also a screenshot of your list of apps would make me feel better.

P.s. there were no cache files to remove

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
As of August 18th various roms are again available on Nokia servers for anyone who has access for rm820, rm821 and various other devices. For those with rm-820 north American l920 the ATT dev rom has been updated to gdr2/amber

No update for my AT&T rm820 showing in NSU.

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
OTA leaves apps installed. And data/configuration. That is why OTA is better for most people than NSU which will wipe the phone and start from scratch.

Not really....
We backup all your contacts, texts, settings and app downloads to the cloud....
The only real thing you miss out on is app data and game saves

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Not really....
We backup all your contacts, texts, settings and app downloads to the cloud....
The only real thing you miss out on is app data and game saves

Yes, well for a lot of people App Data/Game Saves is important and people really dislike setting everything up again. Having to log back into 20 apps and loosing game status sucks. Even the restoration of apps is not complete, either which apps that were later removed from the app store, or a bunch of un-restorable downloads that you always end up with and have to delete. Messy.

If the 'We' in your post is MSFT then when is a full backup/restore coming? Apple worked out how to do that in iOS 1.0. Add app data into the mix and people will be a lot happier.

rikycaldeira

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I still don't have the update installed It didn't show up yet in OTA but I don't know why
My mobile operator is (000-FR) unbranded phone (I guess)
And I'm currently living in Portugal but In bouth countries the Country Variant Update is available. But I can't get update.
View attachment 40382 -> France
View attachment 40383 -> Portugal

Any ideas why this is happening? I don't want to use nokia software updater for retail because I don't want to loose all my data.

I'm on the exact same situation (portugal, unlocked NL920 with 000-FR mobile operator) :)

Any news on this, have you received the update already?

Skynetz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
For all those that are wondering what does "Cooming soon" mean, I had a conversation now with Nokia.
capture.png

capture2.png

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I like the way that when they repeated what they said, you did it too until you had a definite answer. Great news, thanks.

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Will this update ever happen for ATT?! Isn't GDR3 coming in Oct?

I would flash my phone right now and get rid of ATT's nonsense if I knew that I would still be able to get OTA updates in the future like GDR3 and so on and if I will still get Nokia app and other app updates on my phone without having to manually check myself.

If someone can confirm this then it's on!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I just might flash this thing today.. I'm off today, got a few hours to kill... Why not?

(no seriously, why not?)

Anyone got links to the latest roms, Nokia care, etc files to flash an AT&T 920??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss