Over Heating & Battery Draining Issue

Debashish Nandi

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi...

I just bought a new Nokia Lumia 920 and what I am facing is intense Overheating and the battery draining within 5-10 mins...
Please tell me the remedial as this is a brand new mobile and please let me know do I need to replace the handset or is this a common issue with 920 and is there any fix/update being rolled out by MS for this issues.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!.:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Last edited:

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forums. I believe a simple search in the forums will tell you more about how common this issue is as well as possible causes. In fact it would take less time than registering a new account to ask the question :)

MC920

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I?m also a new 920 owner and had the same overheating and battery issue last night, although it was during a period of heavy use ? downloading apps, setting tiles, adding accounts etc.

(normal use today is not showing this behaviour so far)

The heat is worrying ? I mentioned before I have owned plenty of other phones (3 iPhones, Galaxy S, Desire, Desire HD, Galaxy Note, S3, LG 4xHD) ? I have never known any of them to get as hot as this ? a bit warm maybe, but not actually hot. I will definitely be watching out for this and hoping its only due to the intense downloading and installing session I was doing.

rocketboy

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Haven't read other posts on this, but my own experience with it is that I feel there's some kind of runaway process that contributes to the processor working non-stop which creates heat and drains the battery. Unscientifically it happens more when I've used something like HERE Drive+ or maps or some other thing with the GPS. Also possibly with some kind of music player. I don't have that many day-to-day apps I use but if I need to preserve the battery at all costs I'll actually turn my phone off/on after using one of those apps or if I feel that the phone feels warmer than it should.

Daniel Szabadi

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for ur comments......
can anyone tell me whats the average Battery Backup of your L920 is giving with all the minimum usage you do..... ?

With minimum usage it can last more than 2 days (only email and time checking, and some short calls / sms, on 2g network + wifi).

According to your problem:

Try this: disable ALL background tasks. Restart / soft reset.
Enable only those background tasks which u know you will need to be sending data (I have Viber, weather flow, chronos calendar enabled)
(optional: restart again).

AFAIK the rapid battery drain is usually caused by some faulty backround tasks or if you don't close an app properly (check 'task manager' for any running apps)
(like HERE Drive+... it has caused a lot of battery drain for ppl, idk if it's fixed already)

Other things worth a try:
- check your available networks... if you don't have strong and constant 3g network at your place but your phone is set in 3G mode, it will always try to search for 3g network and connect, and this can drain battery
- turn off unnecessary services (and only enable them when you use them), like: bluetooth, nfc, find my phone, etc...

Good luck

rocketboy

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about minimum usage since I've never tried to use my phone as little as possible. But regular usage I could go a day and a half probably on one charge. That's with about 10-12 live tiles, some browsing, picking up mail, a few short calls, texting. Lately, I've been streaming Pandora a lot on my phone at work (4-5 hours a day) and I don't worry about it running out of power. Gaming and turn-by-turn navigation are by far the most battery intensive apps for me. A good 2 hours or so of turn-by-turn navigation will make me want to recharge to be sure I can make it through the day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos