Phone locked up, rebooted and partially factory reset itself

VividBlue

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, not sure why this happened but my phone locked up, rebooted and then went through the initial setup.

Once it had rebooted my texts and apps were still there but the HTC apps which I'd uninstalled before were back. My Facebook account is still set up and working fine, but I need to re-add my email accounts - the problem is my phone won't allow me to add my Windows Live account as it seems to still be associated with my phone (I can download apps without needing to enter my Windows Live username/password), even though it's not showing in Email + Accounts. Does anyone have any ideas how I can sort this problem? I really don't want to do a proper factory reset and lose all my texts, but thinking this is inevitable?

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've just had a similar issue in that my Titan locked up, rebooted after 2 minutes and now just sits on the HTC initial screen. Doesn't even boot up :(

I'm not sure if I can even restore the last backup from this point.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I've just had a similar issue in that my Titan locked up, rebooted after 2 minutes and now just sits on the HTC initial screen. Doesn't even boot up :(

I had this happen with my hd7 after I paired it with a new Bluetooth earpiece. I had to hard reset it. I re-paired the Bluetooth and it happened again within 5 days. This time I didn't re-pair the Bluetooth and I haven't had a problem since. That was in November.

neilgould

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

I had the same thing happen to me this week. I was browing a web page and it locked up. Any attempts at restarting the various ways only got me to the HTC logo page. I did end up doing a hard reset and that did get it back working. My contacts resynced but the apps did not. I had save photos and a Sky Wallet file on Skydrive so I got those back but I have had to reinstall all of my apps.

I have had this phone since the Thanksgiving 1 cent sale and have not had any other problems. I'll have to see if it happens again.

Neil

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
how much storage was free on your device? When you get around 7Gb or so, things start going downhill. HTC is aware and working on a fix.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me this week. I was browing a web page and it locked up. Any attempts at restarting the various ways only got me to the HTC logo page. I did end up doing a hard reset and that did get it back working. My contacts resynced but the apps did not. I had save photos and a Sky Wallet file on Skydrive so I got those back but I have had to reinstall all of my apps.

I have had this phone since the Thanksgiving 1 cent sale and have not had any other problems. I'll have to see if it happens again.

Neil

I'll have to perform a hard reset by the sound of things, in which case I'll loose my SMS history; just wish Microsoft would produce a backup for them.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
how much storage was free on your device? When you get around 7Gb or so, things start going downhill. HTC is aware and working on a fix.

7GB free? I only had about 2GB free.

Do you know if this is anything to do with the latest HTC update? I installed the update last week, up to now I've not had an issue with the Titan.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

I had this happen 2 weeks ago...
used the bing scan thing and when the camera opened it closed instantly so thought I'd reboot.
It never came back after the reboot....stuck at the HTC screen, all I could do was hard reset which really annoyed me as last back up was from start of Jan due to Zune only doing backups when upgrading software.

Took hours to sort out and then more hours to try and install all my apps again and then lost all my history. :mad:

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
7GB free? I only had about 2GB free.

Do you know if this is anything to do with the latest HTC update? I installed the update last week, up to now I've not had an issue with the Titan.

dont know anything about the update as I have an ATT carrier branded phone and those shysters won't send any updates to us. I will say if you only had 2Gb free then you got a lot farther than some people did.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even know there was an issue with low storage space; seeing as there is only 16GB available getting a bug with low storage is a royal pain in the behind.
So Nokia have an issue with the 900 and release a fix within a couple of days, HTC take over 6 months..... disappointing.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well, Nokia has a sweetheart deal with ATT methinks which is why they got the update out so fast. HTC has a smaller staff working on Windows Phone whereas all of Nokia is dedicated towards Windows Phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)