Photos not opening anymore

fekberg

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Anyone experiencing the Photo/Collections App not working? I can't even open the photo picker in for instance Facebook.

I can browse and look at photos I have taking using the File Explorer.

Tried deleting all photos, and restarting the phone multiple times.

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is happening to me now....

But in my case it did worked for once after the upgrade... But not ever since....

fekberg

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I took a copy of my Camera Roll folder before upgrading, and replaced the folder after upgrade. Maybe that is why it broke? Mat it be a permissions error?

I'm tempted to do a hard reset and just see if that helps.

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hmm... I noticed a very strange behaviour, the new build is taking a long time to finish booting on my 640XL! Even though I can get to the start screen very soon after a restart, but most of the app wouldn't work... They would be stuck in the Loading screen for a long while and then kick me out!

It's like after between half an hour to an hour until apps start working normally, that includes the Photo app.... really strange...

fekberg

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
It's taken over 6 hours to do a complete re-install of Windows 10 Mobile. I did a hard reset, had to update to previous build of Windows 10 Mobile and then to the latest one. That is one long process.

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I ended up doing a hard reset when the phone got to a point that is totally unrespondive...

Suppose I should had done that in the first place, now it's all smooth and snappy... :grin:

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I would soooooooooo love to have the old photo app back. This new one is a nightmare. I like the date based navigation. I just want it in addition to what had been there. Not as a replacement.

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I would soooooooooo love to have the old photo app back. This new one is a nightmare. I like the date based navigation. I just want it in addition to what had been there. Not as a replacement.

Well the hamburger menu really sucks comparing to those simple gestures..... Nothing works with a single thumb....

banjaboo

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone experiencing the Photo/Collections App not working? I can't even open the photo picker in for instance Facebook.

When I open photos app some photos show up for the preview thumbnail and most don't. It just shows a "i" in a circle, so i have to click on each photo to see what photo it is. Anyone have this problem? My photos save to my SD card, is that a problem? I have to also use file explorer to view photos/screenshots.

banjaboo

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

When I open photos app some photos show up for the preview thumbnail and most don't. It just shows a "i" in a circle, so i have to click on each photo to see what photo it is. Anyone have this problem? My photos save to my SD card, is that a problem? I have to also use file explorer to view photos/screenshots.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Most of mine show but they can take a while to update if they are on OneDrive. I have around 25,000 photos I've left the app open for a long time while it refreshes itself.

Even on the new build there is an annoying delay loading up new photos in the app. On the old one they were just there.

banjaboo

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I figure out what it was. If you save new photos to the device and not the SD card they show up. All the pictures and videos I took before changing this, I have no idea where they are.

banjaboo

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I went to the Panthers training camp today and took alot of videos and pictures. To the point my phone storage was full. I had to switch to "save new photos to SD card" and all the videos I took after i changed that are no where to be found. My last videos were of two of my favorite players signing autographs for me too 😞 wish someone knew how to fix this.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Did you check the File Explorer app? The SD card should have a Camera Roll folder. You can also attach a USB cable and check from the PC but it tends to be rather slow when there are many photos .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo