Power button won't lock phone

Flat Tire

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
OK, I installed TheChive again, everything seemed normal. Power off was working.

Then I tried downloading a new app - a little bit sluggish, but it was successful. I immediately got a "No Sim Card" message. Installed a bunch of other apps, all were successful.

Then tried a reboot -> Phone is not powering down again + getting endless "No Sim Card" messages + PC not detecting phone when plugged in. Tried to download new app = Pending.

Something is definitely wrong with that app.

Last edited:

rudrAgni

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Happening to me on my Lumia 920 after installing the Chive app. Power button not working, double tap to wake up also not working. windows PC not recognizing the phone and manual backup from setting failed after 98% :(

flipmack

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
haha all the Chivers just got screwed.

I was excited about the Chive finally being on Windows Phone - but honestly, I had installed and uninstalled the Chive app for Android as well.

Anyway, I'm in the middle of a hard reset. :(

At least it's not my 1520...

Mickey_1520

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Faced same problem with my 1520 after installing theChive app. Did the hard-reset and now it is working perfectly fine. Uninstalling the app won't solve the issue. Hard-reset is the only solution.

Windowscentral should post an article related to this issue.

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Same problem on 1020 dvp here, have to hit up lumia recovery after I get out of work, this is irritating. Bad enough they screwed their site up so much past couple months

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Happened to me on a new 1520, bought today. I panicked and reformatted using the Lumia tool on stock 8.1 Cyan AT&T. My phone was totally dead. WTF.

Edit: read a bit more. Yes, like many, I read about The Chive on the front page (THANKS!) and downloaded it. That's what blew my new phone up, not Dev Preview OS. Thanks guys.

Even after uninstalling The Chive, my phone was totally broken. Had to use the Lumia reformatter tool for it to work again.

Bravo. I'll be very careful of this whole new "HAY GUYS WE'RE CLOSING THE APP GAP!!" flood of new apps. Nope. I'm done. I'll let others beta test apps (OS Dev updates are stable, thx).

Yes I'm mad. Everyone should be. A hard reset, losing everything, is the only fix. Jesus.

Last edited:

Cormango

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Report the app in store. I have done the same for chivas and "5 minute home workout" apps, as these two are the root cause for this issue...

I had both of those apps. Unfortunately my phone went to the blue sad face so I couldn't even uninstall them... You can't report apps on the windowsphone.com website (I can't find the option).

cporta

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The weirdest thing happened. I had the same problems as everyone here. I did install the chive app, but is it possible it's just a coincidence? Anyway, I did a hard reset and after I did that I checked extras+info. It said I had the DENIM firmware. How can this be? I'm in the U.S. on an ATT 1520. After I restored my phone it said cyan again. Very odd.

Cormango

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
The weirdest thing happened. I had the same problems as everyone here. I did install the chive app, but is it possible it's just a coincidence? Anyway, I did a hard reset and after I did that I checked extras+info. It said I had the DENIM firmware. How can this be? I'm in the U.S. on an ATT 1520. After I restored my phone it said cyan again. Very odd.

It's a bug in the info+exrtas app.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Bug in extras & info. Been around for a long time. It's not Denim, sorry.

You are very lucky you didn't have to reformat, losing everything. Chive's devs are terrible and need to learn more. They broke many phones today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)