Probably switching back to my iPhone

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
As pointed out before, but nobody seems to notice apparently since people keep suggesting it... Lumia Icon (which the OP has) DOES NOT HAVE DOUBLE TAP TO WAKE. It is definitely an annoyance to not have it.

As for Visual Voicemail, Verizon charges extra for it, but you can download and use Magik Mail Lite. It's free (with a small fee to upgrade if you want more advanced functions). I use it and it works great. Really stingy of Verizon to not include VVM in their plans like AT&T and T-Mobile do.

MagikMail Lite | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
that's why i said most high-end phones. But yea, i didn't know if Icon supported double tap to wake.

but going to his original post,
Only way to wake the phone is to press the button onto he side which is not very quick.
Isn't that how most phones work ? I understand that on iPhone, user can hit the home button to wake the phone and either enter their password or use the fingerprint scanner. On WP8, you've to swipe up the lockscreen image (one additional step).

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Glance and double tap to wake are independent. All Lumias from the 520 to the 1520 have Tha latter. I've checked the 520, 625 which have no glance as well

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 930 should have a tap to wake option, but if it doesn't I'm sure it'll be added in Cyan.
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

Melvinizer

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 930 should have a tap to wake option, but if it doesn't I'm sure it'll be added in Cyan.
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

No! 930 shall never get "Double tap to wake" it's not the way screen is designed. The TS functionality is totally different in Lumia Icon and 930.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I actually appreciate this feature. There's a reason why I am locking the phone. It means I don't want someone to mess with it. Period.

On the other hand, I understand the OP. I hate it when I need to unlock my phone to connect to a WiFi connection esp when I have a choice of 2 known networks. Also, I love how I can turn on internet sharing just by pulling down my action centre even on the lock screen. If it is do-able for one setting, why not for everything in the action centre? This is poor design choice by MS.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
WiFi can be turned on from the action centre with the phone locked. Only turning off WiFi requires the phone to be unlocked. That's OK, so that someone who steals your phone might not be able to turn off WiFi.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
On the other hand, I understand the OP. I hate it when I need to unlock my phone to connect to a WiFi connection esp when I have a choice of 2 known networks. Also, I love how I can turn on internet sharing just by pulling down my action centre even on the lock screen. If it is do-able for one setting, why not for everything in the action centre? This is poor design choice by MS.

The Internet sharing is automatically turning on when you connect to the phone, and automatically turning off when you disconnect the connection.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Is there a source for your "most likely" speculation? As far as I understand, the Icon has hardware that prevents it from using DTTW. I'd be happy to be wrong, but if it supports it, why not already have it in it, like in other Lumia devices?

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Is there a source for your "most likely" speculation? As far as I understand, the Icon has hardware that prevents it from using DTTW. I'd be happy to be wrong, but if it supports it, why not already have it in it, like in other Lumia devices?

The icon has hardware that prevents it from using GLANCE screen

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

I don't know where you got that info, but there was never any mention of the Icon having unsupported hardware for DTTW. The 930 and Icon don't have the necessary hardware specs for Glance - http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930-does-not-have-glance-heres-why

I don't have any source, but I had a Lumia 720 and it didn't have DTTW on Lumia Amber when other phones did have it on Amber. People were claiming that the 720 didn't have the necessary hardware specs to support it, but they were wrong. The 720 among other phones got DTTW with Lumia Black. The 930 is basically the same phone and it has DTTW, so that is also why I believe the Icon will get DTTW.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't know where you got that info, but there was never any mention of the Icon having unsupported hardware for DTTW. The 930 and Icon don't have the necessary hardware specs for Glance - http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930-does-not-have-glance-heres-why

I don't have any source, but I had a Lumia 720 and it didn't have DTTW on Lumia Amber when other phones did have it on Amber. People were claiming that the 720 didn't have the necessary hardware specs to support it, but they were wrong. The 720 among other phones got DTTW with Lumia Black. The 930 is basically the same phone and it has DTTW, so that is also why I believe the Icon will get DTTW.

The 625 comes with DTTW and it has the word screen next to the 520 and lacks glance (How the 62X series has fallen)

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't know where you got that info, but there was never any mention of the Icon having unsupported hardware for DTTW. The 930 and Icon don't have the necessary hardware specs for Glance - The Nokia Lumia Icon and 930 do not have Glance, here’s why | Windows Phone Central

Right. All phones that could got it with Lumia Amber and Black - except Icon didn't (it had Black installed by default). My Lumia 521 got DTTW with Amber (or maybe it was GDR3/Black, I don't remember) as well (though as pointed out not glance, due to lack of sufficient hardware).

I guess we'll see! Hope Icon gets it, though I'm not counting on it. I was just asking for a reference that stated that it is supposed to get it. I haven't seen anything about that.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria