Share your Windows Phone History!

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Thought it'd be fun to share our Windows Phone histories with one another. Doing so is simple, just follow the format I use below:

Example: Dell Venue Pro > Nokia Lumia 510 > HTC 8XT > Nokia Lumia 822 > Alcatel One Touch Pixi 3 > Microsoft Lumia 950 XL > HP Elite X3

(my personal history is a lot shorter!) lol

What's your WP history!?

Samsung Focus -> Nokia Lumia 720, matte cyan -> Nokia Lumia 1020, matte black* -> Lumia 950**

*The 720 was by far my favorite Windows Phone! I wasn't too happy when the microphone stopped working, though I had purchased the $99 protection plan at the Microsoft Store and they gave me the 1020 for FREE, no questions asked. TREMENDOUS customer service. Still, I never loved this phone like my old cyan beauty; the camera was awesome but incredibly slow.

**This thing is an abomination. It's not only the worst electronic device I've ever owned (by a country mile), it may be the most unreliable thing I've ever had in my possession. I still cannot fathom how much of a train wreck W10M is. WP7 and 8 were slick and innovative, this is clunky, inconsistent and buggier than a roach-infested apartment building. Because of this, the 950 is my LAST Microsoft handset. No matter how cool, powerful or useful a hypothetical Surface Phone could be, I refuse to buy one because this experience has been so bad.

boydtoven

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Switched from iPhone 4S to Lumia 1520 in summer 2014. Some family members reacted as if I'd "left the faith". But I wanted a huge phone, and have deep personal reservations about using anything related to Google. So Windows it was. Plus, I'd seen some Lumias (Lumiae???) featured on several tv shows (NCIS-LA, notably) and liked how they looked.

At the risk of perhaps coming across a bit melodramatic -- using a Windows Phone was life-changing. Yes I enjoyed the hardware and OS, and I liked how I enjoyed a consistent experience across my devices. But the COMMUNITY of fans surrounding MS & WP was what hooked me.

I partly shattered the 1520 screen in September of 2015. It still runs, and I keep WP8.1 on it. I go back to visit sometimes. (I like how Twitter syncs w People Hub.)

Grabbed a L640 at Best Buy (AT&T Go Phone). It was ok -- it held me over till my next upgrade.
Got L950 in Jan 2016, and I've been with it everyday since. I like it well enough, but I've never LOVED it the way I adored my 1520.

I thought WP would just be a quick diversion from iOS. Something I'd try out for awhile, for fun. Now I cant imagine using anything else.

Sorry about that. Here's short version --- L1520 > L640 > L950

Gillis Haest

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 620 > Lumia 920 > Lumia 930
Using windows phone from the beginning of wp8.
Bought the 920 and 930 second hand because they weren't on the market anymore. The combined cost of those two phones was as much as the price of a new 620.

KosmynRo

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 520 > Lumia 530 > Lumia 535 > Lumia 640

Facts:
-L520 Was my first smartphone, before I loved a lot QWERTY phones, but I wanted an upgrade. It got me into windows phone os, I really liked it.
-L530 I used it only 2 months (was mom one), because L520 died (After 15 months of use, good phone, now is dead, showing error unable to find a bootable option.)
-L535 This was a huge upgrade for me, 5 inch screen, 1gb ram, quad core, and most inportant, Windows 10, now its dead too, a chip from motherboard which controls the touch is broken, and if you even drop the phone from 0.5 metters, it will broke, it also getsvery hot cause of that chip, good phone.
-L640 I have it for more than 12 months now, it's purely awesom, very good phone, I'm an windows phone fan for 4 years now, and I still wanna support it, definitely good os, in my opinion, better than android!

This phone will get quite old, I will get a new one around Christmas, with windows phone os on it :)

Also, my dad still uses L530, he wanted to be a cool guy and have a smartphone, also, he says its a very durable phone, he dropped it on rocks, water and one time in a small flame, the case was quite burned.
My mom has L550, she says its a very good phone, he likes it!
My sister was owned my old phone, the L535, after it broke, he brought a Huawei P9 Lite, she says that she wanted to support windows phone more, but there aren't some important apps for she.

This is my story about windows phone, i loved em and I will love them in future too! :D

Sorry about my English tho :)

Burhan Husseini

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
BLU Win Jr LTE > Microsoft Lumia 950XL > Microsoft Lumia 950XL > Microsoft Lumia 950XL > Microsoft Lumia 950XL > Microsoft Lumia 950XL. Yes you read that right. 4 of them. Issue every 6 months since the phone came out.

negative1ne

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
LG Optimus (Win 7.8) -> LG Optimus (Win 7.8) -> Lumia 650 (windows 10)

The first phone I got about 4 years ago off amazon for $40, and lasted for about 2 years.
I switched to T-mobile, and somehow the mobile part stopped working. The wifi still works,
and the Zune music works along with games, so it's my music player now.

So I went on amazon and bought the same exact phone for $40 again, and have been using
it for another 2 years, which I am still currently using.

I love windows phone 7.8, and have never bothered with windows phone 8 or 8.1, because
none of them have hardware keyboards.

A friend bought me a Lumia 650, and I never use it because I don't like windows 10, but
i can still use it for wifi, and music. I hate pure touchscreens, so most of the time it is
sitting at home.

later

mymarcio

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Thought it'd be fun to share our Windows Phone histories with one another. Doing so is simple, just follow the format I use below:

Example: Dell Venue Pro > Nokia Lumia 510 > HTC 8XT > Nokia Lumia 822 > Alcatel One Touch Pixi 3 > Microsoft Lumia 950 XL > HP Elite X3

(my personal history is a lot shorter!) lol

What's your WP history!?

1. Virgin Mobile (flip phone)
2. Nextel Phone (Yellow one)
3. Motorola Razr
4. ATT Pan Tech Duo (Windows Mobile)
5. Samsung (model: ???) Metro PCS (touch screen)
6. Nokia Lumia 920
7. Nokia Lumia 1020
8. Nokia 950XL

Souvik Das2

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 525 > Lumia 640 > Lumia 650, In my openion Lumia 525 is the best among these, and 650 is the last. I got my Lumia 525 when i finished my college and this was my first smartphone. Still its ok and runs well but no Windows 10 so I use Lumia 640 for a few days as it was of my elder brother , then I got Lumia 650, good phone, nice design though it can't handle heavy usage. I'm just a fan of Windows phone.

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
HTC Touch HD (Windows Mobile 6.5) -> [Samsung Galaxy s2 Android -> Sony Xperia Arc S Android ->] Lumia 800 -> Lumia 930

My very first smartphone was a HTC Touch HD WinMobile 6.5 phone, which I loved so much, but it was getting old and I got a free Galaxy S2 from my carrier, my first Android. That was a great phone at the time but I managed to kill it with salt water in 2-3 months... So I got a Sony Xperia Arc S which was a gorgeous phone, but had serious WiFi issues (they could not fix the issue that plagued the predecessor "Arc" as well).

The first time I saw the Lumia 800 in a review I fell in love with the OS and the HW as well, so I switched back to Windows in early 2012 and used my Lumia 800 until June 2014 when I got my 930. Been rockin' it ever since, but I feel like a Galaxy S8 is calling my name...

Too bad, I am leaving with a heavy heart. I always said Hell would freeze over sooner than me leaving WP, but I realize consumers should never be more loyal to a corporation, than the corporation to its consumers.

jkellywilkerson

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Focus > Focus Flash > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 920 > Lumia 925 > Lumia 1520.3 > Lumia 830 > (iPhone 6 > iPhone 7 while waiting for Surface Phone, but occasionally switch back and forth with my old Lumia 925)

mattdistro

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
HTC Mogul -> iPhone -> iPhone 3G -> T-mobile G1 -> Palm Treo Pro -> Blackberry 9630 -> Blackberry 9700 -> Palm Pre -> HTC Touch Pro2 -> Motorola Droid X -> HTC Evo 4G -> HTC One S -> HTC Evo 4G LTE -> Sony Xperia TL -> Samsung Galaxy Note 2 -> Lumia 920 -> Nexus 5 -> Lumia 1520 -> Lumia 950 XL -> iPhone 6S Plus -> iPhone 7 Plus

AllanQuatermain

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
my first windows phone a HTC Radar then a Lumia 520 and just bought a Microsoft phone the 640 DUAL SIM, Just updated it to windows 10 and the latest 10.0.15063.251 to see if it runs ok, and I still use the 520 on 8.1 as my work phone, a real Nokia phone fit a new battery and it keeps on going.

Dragon Queen

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
HTC Mogul WM5, HTC Fuse WM6, HTC Titan WP7/7.8, Lumia 920, Lumia 950.
Also got a Lumia 535, and a 640 both for fast ring insider use, MP3 players and back up phones.

shafiqjetha

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
LG Quantum 7 > HTC 8X > Lumia 625 > Lumia 930

Before the LG Quantum I had a Palm Pre. I couldn't do without that keyboard and the Quantum seemed like a nice jump into Windows for me.
I still have the odd occassion where having a physical keyboard would be nice, but I've mostly gotten used to it.

Eric Hamilton

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
My first smart phone was a Motorola running Windows Mobile 6.2 (I think). Can't remember the model number, but it looked a lot like a black berry. Then I went to a Samsung, very similar to the Motorola and I got it to Windows Mobile 6.5. Then I switched to the HTC Radar that I updated to Windows Phone 7.8. Finally, I switched to the Nokia Icon that is currently running 15063.251. Going back to the HTC Radar for a moment. My good friend, who works for Microsoft recommended I go to the new Windows phone, switching from 6.5 to 7. I really loved it. Funny thing is, he just recently switched from a Windows Phone..to a ...wait for it... Samsung Galaxy 8. And yes, he still works for Microsoft.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750