Should I still buy a Band 2 or wait for the Band 3?

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Even I am not a fan of waiting for a new model unless you are pretty sure that it is 'just around the corner' and you pretty much know the details about the new model.
This.

At best, Band 3 will be October/November. But even that is iffy. And we have no information on it. At this point, we're assuming there will be a Band 3. Since the folks that started the "band" format have switched to "watch" at the high end, I wouldn't guarantee that it will be a "band".

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, color me wishful but so far, the Band2 is outperforming the Polar a360 and Fitbit Blaze... and by a long shot. Moreover, I'm an Apple fan, so I can't even use some of the features on Band2. But there's so much to love about this product... hardware and software. I'm bloody impressed. For now.
Ok. Since I didn't mention performance in any of my rant, thanks for the bloody impressions. :) Doesn't change my opinion, my personal experience or my proof that this band has weak materials. I do miss my band but I won't buy another without Microsoft specifically advertising how they improved the materials.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ah, I was just responding to the prior poster asking if maybe lotion was a factor, no need to get personal, I wasn't defending anything:
Suggesting I could be suffering with eczema isn't being personal? Surely you jest. The fact is the materials the Band uses has to be tested in more realistic conditions than CES. I suspect they will get better but that bridge isn't built yet.

JediTWang

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Suggesting I could be suffering with eczema isn't being personal? Surely you jest.

No, I don't jest, the guy brought-up lotion as maybe being a factor, I merely said maybe you have a skin condition like eczema (hence why you must use lotions regularly), I was NOT trying to be personal!

We got our B2 just before Christmas. You stated "standing up to lotions, etc". Maybe that is the factor? I don't use any type of lotion around my wrist. Looking at your photos, dude those look terrible. Other than the normal surface scratching on my B1, it had none of those tears when we traded them in.

P.S.
Did you get my post directed at you in the "Logitech buying Jaybird" thread? (not a forum thread, the blog thread)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon