So, I spoke with Matt Rothshild from Nokia earlier...

hellokhemra

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
There are more complaints because the majority of people come here to complain. That's how all forums are. Take a look around the forum; there are plenty of happy users.

Let's stay on topic and not turn this "feel good" thread into a "how Nokia screwed me" thread.

I can't speak for all forums or even most because I've only ever been on one other forum (W.o.W.), but speaking for myself, I go on forums to find useful information or solutions, not necessarily complaints, since a forum should encourage discussion.

I am a bit jealous of the special treatment given to the original poster, but as I said before, I'm suspect of this ever happening. If it did, it raises important questions.

I forgot the rest of what I was going to say. -_- Goodnight!

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I can't speak for all forums or even most because I've only ever been on one other forum (W.o.W.), but speaking for myself, I go on forums to find useful information or solutions, not necessarily complaints, since a forum should encourage discussion.

I am a bit jealous of the special treatment given to the original poster, but as I said before, I'm suspect of this ever happening. If it did, it raises important questions.

I forgot the rest of what I was going to say. -_- Goodnight!

If you go to the WoW forums, then you understand what he was saying. In the wow forums, people post to complain about their class or to call for nerfing of other classes. Most of the posts are *****ing. It's like that here, to a lesser extent.

hellokhemra

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If you go to the WoW forums, then you understand what he was saying. In the wow forums, people post to complain about their class or to call for nerfing of other classes. Most of the posts are *****ing. It's like that here, to a lesser extent.

Haha, yeah, there are very active posts on W.o.W. forums that fall under the "woe, is me" category, but the concerns raised on this forum are legitimate issues. Also, I believe there is only one or two active threads per class about nerfing, albeit they are the very if not most active threads. The point is that this post and the experience of the poster are rare, especially in the midst of the concerns raised on this forum. I was suggesting we rationalize and balance posts like this with posts of opposite intent.

LongLeggs

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
As soon as I figure out how to post a picture, I will. It's okay if no one believes it - I know it's true.

In my line of work, when we question somebody and they give this answer or something similar, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. You can figure out how to contact this executive, work a windows 8 phone, but you don't know how to post a photo? YEAH RIGHT. I took the liberty of posting the photo for you.liarheart.jpg

Jessica

Only Mama Knows

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, the wait is over! I have my shiny, red Lumia 920 and a box containing Monster Nokia Purity On-Ear Headset!!!! The headset also comes in a very nice case. There was also a beautiful Christmas card as well, and everything was wrapped in Christmas paper! I still can't believe it. All I wanted was to get my Best Buy order shipped to me. This is so amazing!

I contacted Nokia directly through Elop's email about battery life and customer service issues I was having with AT&T. I was eventually able to have the issue resolved through AT&T, but Nokia contacted me that they will be sending me a free pair of Monster on ear headset as well! I am seriously impressed with their customer service. If only they could teach classes for AT&T employees.

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
In my line of work, when we question somebody and they give this answer or something similar, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. You can figure out how to contact this executive, work a windows 8 phone, but you don't know how to post a photo? YEAH RIGHT. I took the liberty of posting the photo for you.
Jessica

good point :straight:

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
In my line of work, when we question somebody and they give this answer or something similar, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. You can figure out how to contact this executive, work a windows 8 phone, but you don't know how to post a photo? YEAH RIGHT. I took the liberty of posting the photo for you.

Jessica

Relax Jessica.

This is not at all hard to believe considering Nokia sent a bunch of people free Monster Purity headphones when they had trouble with their Lumia 900s. They also gave EVERYONE a refund on the 900 whether they had a problem or not. I didn't have any issues whatsoever, yet I got my full purchase price of $100 returned to me.

As far as people contacting CEO's and getting action, this is not an unheard of phenomenon either. Even Apple's famously mercurial Steve Jobs was known to personally reply to emails (though he was snarky and not giving out free stuff)

Personally I sent an email to Steve Ballmer to thank him for Windows Phone and I got a reply from his Windows Phone saying "Thanks so much". Was it really him? I have no idea, but the point is someone bothered to reply to my silly little email.

I would like to see pics too though, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion this didn't happen. Given Nokia's history it is not at all far fetched.

laney182

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
i have also emails the ceo and got a reply also from a head manager from london and matt channing, im awaiting my headphones and charger which was sent out today due to the issues i have had

the customer service is second to none i really hope nokia succeed

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Jessica

Ah here it is... A guy on this very forum had a problem with his 900 and a rep from Nokia was on the forum and took good care of him, sent him a new phone and a $100+ set of headphones for free:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-900/191882-thinking-about-returning-my-lumia-900-a.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077