Some apps fail to update in Windows 10 Mobile

Tasha Jaiswal

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I am running the production release of Windows 10 mobile. Apps like Lumia Cinemagraph, Rate My Device, Lumia Motion, Lumia Helps + Tips are not updating. Whenever I update it says we may overwrite your setting and update it in your internal storage. Inspite of selecting this option the apps aren't updating. I even tried changing the storage option and store apps on my device, but even then the apps aren't updating. I did a hard reset but it didn't help either. Any help would be appreciated

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I am running the production release of Windows 10 mobile. Apps like Lumia Cinemagraph, Rate My Device, Lumia Motion, Lumia Helps + Tips are not updating. Whenever I update it says we may overwrite your setting and update it in your internal storage. Inspite of selecting this option the apps aren't updating. I even tried changing the storage option and store apps on my device, but even then the apps aren't updating. I did a hard reset but it didn't help either. Any help would be appreciated

in this case you need to go under storage> sdcard> and move all system apps to phone :) that will do the trick :)

rickerwin

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I had this same problem on a Lumia 830 running the public release of the Anniversary Update.

These apps were continuously failing to update:
Lumia Highlights
Gestures and Touch
Rate Your Device

I found these apps on the SD card under these respective names:
Lumia Help + Tips
Touch
Rate Us

I moved these SD card apps to the Device memory and they all finally updated.

Thanks for the tip!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb