Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Lumia Cyan update for 920 was supposed to be released by mid September. Nokia's tracker page is listing it as available but no signs of update yet.
Looks like the issue related to Preview for Developers is still there. It is installed on my phone and I am thinking to downgrade it for installation of Lumia Cyan.

Last edited:

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Don't know what Microsoft is doing update 1 for preview users released 2nd update is coming and also windows 9 in January and still cyan is not finished.. when we getting future updates.. 😠

kagganerah

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I bought my 820 in Mozambique but apparently the phone variant is Middle East. I have gone trough the list of available updates per country and the only country in Middle East that has no update available for this phone is Iraq. I guess i will have to wait, but is it possible to change the country variant of the phone or is it linked to where it was built? This sucks.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't wait any longer and installed PFD on my wife's and mine 928s. Now, just have to wait for Cyan. Someday the carriers will see that they are no longer needed for anything but data. They brought it on themselves.

harryaro7

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
People on pfd can get cyan by using NSU...and then again getting GDR1 which gets all the three update after wp8.1 in one update...its easy but takes time in restoring the apps back

Auric Jarrel

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
T-Mo needs to hurry up with Cyan. PFD does me no good because it ruined Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for me without the necessary firmware update to go with it. Thinking about just downgrading back to 8.0 altogether.

EDIT: Meant to say "Wi-Fi Calling"

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
So I could get Cyan on my 521 pfd with this method right now then if I wanted too?

Download NSRT
Connect your Phone to System.
NSRT will check for updates.. If a new firmware version is available it will show an update is ready to install..
Make sure you keep a backup.. Using NSRT will wipe out your phone
Its a Fresh install of OS. And the update size is about 1.5GB.

***UPDATE
What is your Carrier TMo/Metro..??
Unfortunately both carriers has not released the Cyan update for 521.
So if you use NSRT also you wont be able to install Cyan

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Attn Verizon users - from the Lumia 928 forum...

HTC One M8 for Windows will be coming to AT&T and T-Mobile too | ZDNet

If that is the case, then Verizon won't release until Christmas :angry:

I'm not trolling. Tcman88 who had a lot of info about the Lumia 928 including number of units at specific stores before launch mentioned this in a thread for the Icon. He did say exclusivity should end within a month though. It may be why HTC so confidently said the 8x on Verizon won't get 8.1 til the end of October, because their deal is what's holding up all the Verizon updates. I wish I was trolling and I sincerely hope the info is wrong but tcman has generally been right in the past.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Download NSRT
Connect your Phone to System.
NSRT will check for updates.. If a new firmware version is available it will show an update is ready to install..
Make sure you keep a backup.. Using NSRT will wipe out your phone
Its a Fresh install of OS. And the update size is about 1.5GB.

***UPDATE
What is your Carrier TMo/Metro..??
Unfortunately both carriers has not released the Cyan update for 521.
So if you use NSRT also you wont be able to install Cyan

TMo, and I figured, ill just wait for it to come for PfD, probably will get it from them before TMo/mPCs releases it. xD

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
When I plugged my 928 into NSRT, this is what it showed

Screenshot (9).png

I'm running 8.1 DP and this screenshot shows the same firmware number that is on my phone. Is this the official Cyan update?

noobchief

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Guys, I used the Nokia Software Updater to update my phone from 8.1 dp to cyan, if it is already approved by your carrier. It also wipes out your data so remember to do a backup. It's easy to use

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
When I plugged my 928 into NSRT, this is what it showed

View attachment 81388

I'm running 8.1 DP and this screenshot shows the same firmware number that is on my phone. Is this the official Cyan update?

Its not Cyan.. But dont know why it prompts to Install the Software.. If its the same build it will not show install.
Anyway its not Cyan. Thats damn sure..
Nd for 928 Verizon Cyan is not yet released via OTA for regular devices..
Wait Patiently..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo