Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

weiser159

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a 920 on AT&T and can't get the update. I'm currently on PFD. Is there something else I need to do and will it affect my data?

I apologize if this has already been covered. I read back to earlier this month when the update was released but couldn't find a definitive answer. Thanks

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a 920 on AT&T and can't get the update. I'm currently on PFD. Is there something else I need to do and will it affect my data?

I apologize if this has already been covered. I read back to earlier this month when the update was released but couldn't find a definitive answer. Thanks

AT&T has released the Lumia Cyan for 920. But currently if you are on PFD you wont able to get the update..
If you are too impatient you can use NSRT tool to update your Phone.. No need of downgrading. NSRT will directly install Cyan. Its a fresh install of OS. So the download package size may vary from 1.5GB to 2.2GB (size vary according to models).
Your whole data will get wiped out.. So be sure to make a backup before you update via NSRT.. The device will be like a newly unboxed one after updating via NSRT.

AT&T has resumed the Cyan update for 1520 & 1020 users for those who are on PFD.
So if u want, u can wait.. But cant tell when u will receive the update.

weiser159

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
AT&T has released the Lumia Cyan for 920. But currently if you are on PFD you wont able to get the update..
If you are too impatient you can use NSRT tool to update your Phone.. No need of downgrading. NSRT will directly install Cyan. Its a fresh install of OS. So the download package size may vary from 1.5GB to 2.2GB (size vary according to models).
Your whole data will get wiped out.. So be sure to make a backup before you update via NSRT.. The device will be like a newly unboxed one after updating via NSRT.

AT&T has resumed the Cyan update for 1520 & 1020 users for those who are on PFD.
So if u want, u can wait.. But cant tell when u will receive the update.

Thanks for the reply and for answering my question so thoroughly!

So I wonder if there's a particular reason PFD users have to wait longer. Maybe AT&T figures we're already benefiting from the new features so we can patiently wait last in line for Cyan? :p

I may actually go the NSRT route since I was considering resetting my phone anyway. I hope there aren't any dangers of screwing things up.

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply and for answering my question so thoroughly!

So I wonder if there's a particular reason PFD users have to wait longer. Maybe AT&T figures we're already benefiting from the new features so we can patiently wait last in line for Cyan? :p

I may actually go the NSRT route since I was considering resetting my phone anyway. I hope there aren't any dangers of screwing things up.

AT & T hasn't stopped the Cyan update for PFD Devices.. It has stopped worldwide..
From the top, by Microsoft.. Because some PFD users face a Bitlocker issue. PFD Devices which has Bitlocker installed & updated to Cyan are automatically locked with Bitlocker and becomes unusable.
Thats why they have stopped the update for pfd & MS is working on a Fix.
The only devices which has resumed cyan update for PFD Users are AT&T 1520/1020 & TMobile 920 (Germany)
None other PFD devices are getting Cyan..

You can update your device with NSRT, without any fear.
Be sure your device wont disconnect from USB while downloading & installing.
So use a Stable USB hub..
Power off problem - Even while you download the update it wont cause any problem. But while installing it to phone make sure the power wont got off. So use a Laptop or a PC with UPS.
That's it you are ready to update via NSRT

Navid Anindya

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. I was just lurking here seeing you guys post, and I also have WP8.1 PFD on a Lumia 525. I am sick of waiting for Lumia Cyan update, so I tried NSRT to update it.

This is what it shows.

Capture.jpg

The firmware number shows the same. Does that mean this will update to Black instead of Cyan? If it does, what can I do to get to Cyan from PFD?

I backed up every data on my phone by the way.

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I was just lurking here seeing you guys post, and I also have WP8.1 PFD on a Lumia 525. I am sick of waiting for Lumia Cyan update, so I tried NSRT to update it.

This is what it shows.

View attachment 81652

The firmware number shows the same. Does that mean this will update to Black instead of Cyan? If it does, what can I do to get to Cyan from PFD?

I backed up every data on my phone by the way.

Its not Cyan.. Its WP8.0 Only Lumia Black
What is your Country ? Carrier ?

Anyway Cyan Update is available for Lumia 525 Worldwide for Regular Devices

Navid Anindya

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Its not Cyan.. Its WP8.0 Only Lumia Black
What is your Country ? Carrier ?

Anyway Cyan Update is available for Lumia 525 Worldwide for Regular Devices

My country is Bangladesh, although I have set the region to United States so I can get Cortana. Carrier is Airtel. I don't think this phone is carrier locked.

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
My country is Bangladesh, although I have set the region to United States so I can get Cortana. Carrier is Airtel. I don't think this phone is carrier locked.

Its not carried Locked..
Any way you can install WP 8.0 manually via NSRT.
Then you should Update Cyan via OTA method..
Its really time consuming..

Dont know why NSRT hasn't updated to Cyan. Almost all models who received the update via OTA - the same update is available in NSRT also..
If you are familiar with WP Manual update you can check with Navifirm also.. But its too complicated..

Navid Anindya

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Its not carried Locked..
Any way you can install WP 8.0 manually via NSRT.
Then you should Update Cyan via OTA method..
Its really time consuming..

Dont know why NSRT hasn't updated to Cyan. Almost all models who received the update via OTA - the same update is available in NSRT also..
If you are familiar with WP Manual update you can check with Navifirm also.. But its too complicated..

Will I get my data back after I downgrade and upgrade? I backed up everything.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
But NSRT shows the Software version to be the same. What does that mean then?

Either Cyan is not available for your phone, or it's not available through NSRT yet.

If you know that Cyan is available for your phone - then you will have do downgrade to Black through NSRT, and then update the phone to Cyan.
After update you'll have to do a hard reset in order to receive your backup.

Navid Anindya

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Either Cyan is not available for your phone, or it's not available through NSRT yet.

If you know that Cyan is available for your phone - then you will have do downgrade to Black through NSRT, and then update the phone to Cyan.
After update you'll have to do a hard reset in order to receive your backup.

Alright I'll just do that then. Cyan IS available for L525. Maybe not through NSRT.

Anuja Rajurkar

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
My problem is that when I tried to update my phone through NSRT, after I connect the phone, it just shows a message saying that there is an error getting the information for the selected phone either because there is a server issue or phone may not be supported. My phone is a Lumia 920 running 8.1.1 on pfd. I have tried using NSU for retail, the result is just the same. Can anyone help?

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
My problem is that when I tried to update my phone through NSRT, after I connect the phone, it just shows a message saying that there is an error getting the information for the selected phone either because there is a server issue or phone may not be supported. My phone is a Lumia 920 running 8.1.1 on pfd. I have tried using NSU for retail, the result is just the same. Can anyone help?

Use NSRT 1.5
Disable all antivirus & firewall of your system
Connect your phone to a stable USB Port..
Port which are not stable will disconnect the phone automatically.
So use a Stable Port..
Also make sure you have a good net connection.
Now try to update.

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site

I tried on 4 different laptops and it only worked in the USB port of one of them (and it was hell to make it work)
The port was a 1.x USB (I know because it said the device would work faster if connected to a 2.0)
Windows 7 Pro (but I don't think that makes much of a difference... all the other 3 ports on the same computer did not work)

People says to use the factory cable, I prove them wrong becuse I used the cable of a HTC7 HD for the update.
Advises:
If the download restarts after 100%, just let it redownload it. It's awfully infuriating but it will (eventually) download the update.
Also, if the phone disconnects while downloading, do not sweat it. Just let the download finish and if it fails, go to previous advise.

It seems the pin used for Data in the Lumias is ... I don't know... ****ty. It does not work on any USB port.
Oh, one piece of advise: log as an Administrator! Just in case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo