Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
its already out dude!! Cyan update is there go check the Nokia website.... Your on developers preview that's why there is no update, if u use recovery tool u will moved to old black version then can get it, 925,1520,1320,625 have released globally to most countries

Is that the only option to get cyan or MS is working to fix this?

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Is that the only option to get cyan or MS is working to fix this?
there has to be a fix I guess... U can get the new cyan update after its released, according to Microsoft this gdr 1 update should solve all the problems and it will be safe to update to cyan
But right now this is all I know and heard

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
TWO THINGS:
1. ASKING WHEN CYAN WILL BE RELEASED FOR YOUR HEADSET IS A WASTE OF TIME IT WILL BE ON THE wpc SITE/TWITTER/NOKIA SITE NOBODY KNOWS STOP ASKING PLEASE
2. No fix has been issued for bit locker EVERYONE on 8.1 dp must downgrade their phone with nokia's tool to get cyan when it is released for your phone.

So again nobody knows when your Lumia xxxx will get cyan in India or anywhere else :)

decaf19

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I think Cyan started rolling out to 925 and 625 on Tuesday.

Not to mention another headset was released on Thursday...lol please dont give out bad information to ppl you clearly dont know what you're claiming

Edit: Was for the guy claiming updates only released on Mondays not your post sorry

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Just had an interesting chat with the Windowsphone website support chat thingie.

They are aware that people are getting very frustrated, and the staff on the front line are getting very frustrated as both customers and representatives of MS, as they are not being given any information either. I *think* the guy was being honest with me.

The official line is still that as testing is completed for each device/region/operator it will be released. I did point out that that is not proving to be the case. His answer was he did not know the actual criteria management were using before releasing.

It might be hours away, it might be days, it might be weeks. The front-line staff know no more than anyone.

Nokia just responded to a tweet saying when tested it will be released - tell us something we haven't heard before!

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I've got some update in my 920 today..
like 5 minutes ago...
i hope it is the cyan update.
fingers crossed
INDIA
No, it can't be Cyan as it's not yet released for 920. Anyway, installing it takes much more than 5 minutes. Are you sure that you didn't change your phone's keyboard or region settings?

yokyto

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Sharmakartik93
( We are in the 1st week of august and we still don't have wp8.1 for Lumia 720 in India. Should i go for developer version or wait for official cyan. If i go for developer version will i get the update 1 along with 8.1. It is just released so im afraid that there will be many bugs. Please help need serious advice.)

Easy advice. If you are afraid of bugs do not install this. Its fully up to you. Exactly what do you mean by serious advice? We are in the same situation just like you and we have to go to through our process of decision making. It doesn't mean automatically when my phone is after installation OK that yours will be OK too.

Last edited:

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Just had an interesting chat with the Windowsphone website support chat thingie.

They are aware that people are getting very frustrated, and the staff on the front line are getting very frustrated as both customers and representatives of MS, as they are not being given any information either. I *think* the guy was being honest with me.

The official line is still that as testing is completed for each device/region/operator it will be released. I did point out that that is not proving to be the case. His answer was he did not know the actual criteria management were using before releasing.

It might be hours away, it might be days, it might be weeks. The front-line staff know no more than anyone.

Nokia just responded to a tweet saying when tested it will be released - tell us something we haven't heard before!

One thing he did say was that he looked in to doing the DP update himself on his own phone, but decided against it and would advise not to do that.

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
And ThreeUK still say 'still testing' so they're clearly sticking to the script ;)

I did point out that 3UK and O2(uk) have tested and approved all Lumias. The guy simply referred to the same Nokia web page that we are all using saying they were under testing. He knew nothing about the statements issued by O2 and 3. Seems MS's internal communications are as bad as those with customers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whcrumb