Unable to add Google Emails.

bens777

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have three Google mail accounts that I need to access on my phone (Huawei Ascend W1) but none of the Gmails are showing any emails at all, I get no error messages or anything. My Hotmail emails show up just fine it is only Gmail that will not show me any emails. If I put a wrong password in when setting up the Gmail email accounts then it tells me (won't let me synchronize or whatever) so obviously it is connecting when I put in the right password it it just isn't receiving any emails.

Any ideas?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
In case you didn't know, official Gmail ActiveSync support shuts down today by Google. You will have to switch over to IMAP for Gmail sync. If you have a WP8 with GDR2 update already, it will be automatically on IMAP. But older version of WP8 will require you to manually configure it to be IMAP.

bens777

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
In case you didn't know, official Gmail ActiveSync support shuts down today by Google. You will have to switch over to IMAP for Gmail sync. If you have a WP8 with GDR2 update already, it will be automatically on IMAP. But older version of WP8 will require you to manually configure it to be IMAP.

My phone is a Huawei Ascend W1, a relatively new phone but I don't know if it has GDR2. I don't care about synching my calendar or contacts or anything I just want to receive mail. I get my Gmail emails just fine on my Windows 8 tablet. Is there a step by step guide of how to set up Google Mail on WP8 somewhere online that would be helpful to me?

bens777

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Another thing, I just tested sending emails from my phone using the Gmail accounts and I can send emails fine. So why can't I receive?!

Edit: I tried to use imap by doing it manually changing 'Incoming email server' to 'imap.gmail.com:993' but then it gets stuck synching.

Last edited:

bens777

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Someone on the Google forums told me I had to put recent:username@gmail.com for it to work, I didn't know about the recent thing when adding multiple devices. All working fine now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h