Updates/New News from Negri Electronics for the 920 With AWS Supporting Bands?

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been checking in periodically to see if there were any new updates or new news with Negri Electronics shipment (and confirmation) of the Unlocked Rogers Lumia 920. Anyone received anything from them yet?

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
They kept changing the date and it has been pushed back to Dec 7. However, at this point, the demand for 920 is very high even AT&T and Amazon still have to wait for another shipment. I believe we will know more about the shipment from Negri on Dec 7, hopefully this time is true. On a side note, they mentioned that they have over 175 pre-order so I am not sure they can fulfill all of them in that day or some of us might need to wait for another shipment. About the AWS band, it has been confirmed awhile that the 920 from Rogers indeed has support for AWS band. Not sure about unlock but we can see some people succeed unlock from 3rd party so it is 50/50.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the update Spincel! I've read a lot on the forums about the confirmation of Rogers 920 having AWS band, I was moreso referring to whether the version Negri Electronics claims to be shipping out is indeed unlocked ready for use on other networks with AWS support.

negrielectronics

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for writing.

There is an issue with unlocking the Rogers Lumia 920. The issue is that there are no unlocks available unless current customers call and pay the $50 fee and only then will they unlocked the Lumia 920 that are active on their account, or purchased under their account. With that being said we do not have a solid ETA on when these Rogers Lumia 920 will be unlocked and ready to ship. If you need the T-Mobile 3/4G bands, it's recommended to wait until the unlock is readily available. If you do not require the T-Mobile bands we will have the Unlocked Lumia 920 Black in stock on Wednesday. However, we do have many pre-orders for this device, and we are giving Rogers 920 pre-orders first right of refusal to switch to the one that arrives Wednesday.

We recommend pre-ordering whichever model you desire. Worst case scenario you have an order and need to cancel. We do not charge before we ship. You are only authorized for that amount. We have to authorize your card, otherwise we have no guarantee that the funds are available at that time; which would mean that it was not a verifiable pre-order- which would be unfair to customers that already have pre-ordered and had their cards authorized.

The Lumia 920 that arrives Wednesday can be found here.

Thanks for your time. .Any other questions you can find us on the site. Bottom right hand corner for Live Support. Top right hand corner for "Contact Us".

- NegriCare

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hitting while the iron's hot:

Negri, the date on the grey 920 is set for Thursday. Think that's going to push to Dec 7?

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So Negri, let me ask you something. Are you still waiting for the shipment of the Rogers 920 Unlocked from your vendor or you do have devices actually in stock but you have to wait for an unlock method to work in order to unlock it and ship it to customer?

negrielectronics

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hitting while the iron's hot:

Negri, the date on the grey 920 is set for Thursday. Think that's going to push to Dec 7?

If we do not get word tomorrow that they are shipping (as we were told), we will be pushing it back. The date to which it will be pushed to is unknown, but we will know tomorrow. Also, it's "Striking when the iron's hot". ;) "Hitting" sounds too violent.

-Negri Electronics

negrielectronics

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
So Negri, let me ask you something. Are you still waiting for the shipment of the Rogers 920 Unlocked from your vendor or you do have devices actually in stock but you have to wait for an unlock method to work in order to unlock it and ship it to customer?
We have some stock. They are locked. We are just waiting for the unlock codes to arrive. Just hope it's not like AT&T and we have to wait 9 months like we did for the Lumia 900. We try to update twitter as much as possible. Follow us there.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
We have some stock. They are locked. We are just waiting for the unlock codes to arrive. Just hope it's not like AT&T and we have to wait 9 months like we did for the Lumia 900. We try to update twitter as much as possible. Follow us there.
That is a great news. Thanks for this info. I can see some services are currently testing the unlock code, so hopefully the phone can be all unlocked soon. I'll will check for update frequently.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Negri, I see you updated it to Dec 7th. Any idea if the phones are coming with the wireless charging pads included or not?

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification, Negri. Your site for the grey and red 920s has wireless charging pad listed, so you may want to change it.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's unfortunate. I couldn't wait any longer, so I picked up an ATT red 920 off-contract. Just waiting for my ST SIM to come in the mail.

strider2

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's unfortunate. I couldn't wait any longer, so I picked up an ATT red 920 off-contract. Just waiting for my ST SIM to come in the mail.

Yodies, so is the AT&T red 920 off contract is unlocked or locked?
If locked, how will it work on Straight Talk?
I understand that ST uses AT&T towers but its a separate MNVO..Kind of confused.
thanks

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Yodies, so is the AT&T red 920 off contract is unlocked or locked?
If locked, how will it work on Straight Talk?
I understand that ST uses AT&T towers but its a separate MNVO..Kind of confused.
thanks

A locked AT&T 920 will work on Straight Talk

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Yup, what palandri said. Once I found out that ST works even on locked ATT phones, it was hard to justify a $300 premium for a color and the lack of an ATT badge.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
damn...no estimate for delivery....expansys does have a estimate now though it says order and deliver within 5 to 10 days but it also says no confirmed lead time for this item so....dunno

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Why instead of waiting for a phone with AWS support to put it to work on T-mobile, we just try to focus on unlocking the AT&T phone and use it on T-mobile 1900 refarmed band. I'm pretty sure that if someone unlock one from AT&T the phone is going to work on T-mobile on that band cause that band is on the specs sheet of the AT&T Lumia 920. To my understanding it will run at 3g speeds in the refarmed area. Pretty much like the iphone. Remember when T-mobile was promoting to the people to bring their iphones. It was to use that band. I just want to unlock my phone and since i live in NYC i will receive the speeds of the refarmed area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb