Using both my Icon and 822 with cellular service?

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I have an Icon and 822. I want to know if it is at all possible to use one for work, say the 822, and use the Icon for casual use by switching the sim in and out. I don't think its possible because the Icon has a Nano Sim and the 822 has (had) a micro sim. The one that is activated now is the Sim in the Icon but id like to use my 822 occasionally as well for work purposes and not just beta testing W10M 10080/10136/10149 and beyond. The 822 without service is kind of a useless brick since there is no reason to use it if i dont have LTE.

Im not exactly an expert by any means when it comes to phones but do know my way around Windows and the phone itself. Has anyone been able to use the Icon in conjunction with other phones by switching the sim, like the 822?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Adapters work well but NEVER put the adapter in the phone without the sim card. There is decent chance it will get stuck.
I can confirm that! Broke a sim slot on an extra phone doing that. It gets hooked on the prongs inside the sim slot. The adaptors work fine when used correctly. I have one phone with micro sim and one phone with Nano sim.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Switching the sim is not a problem. You just need to get an adapter. Your carrier should have one. Or any regular cellphone store.

Something like this.
http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Folde...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3138740

This is huge! Thanks so much for the response, i should have asked along time ago. But the service guy at Verizon said i couldnt use the 822 anymore because it didnt have the same type of sim...should have looked into this further.

So, you think that my local Verizon Wireless store will have an adaptor for nano sim?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This is huge! Thanks so much for the response, i should have asked along time ago. But the service guy at Verizon said i couldnt use the 822 anymore because it didnt have the same type of sim...should have looked into this further.

So, you think that my local Verizon Wireless store will have an adaptor for nano sim?
I have no idea if carrier stores sell SIM adapters. I got a Moto X that takes a nano SIM, but my Lumia 920 takes a micro SIM. I ordered my SIM adapter from Amazon.com. It works well. In most cases, any phone accessories cost more money at carrier stores than online from Amazon.com.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I have no idea if carrier stores sell SIM adapters. I got a Moto X that takes a nano SIM, but my Lumia 920 takes a micro SIM. I ordered my SIM adapter from Amazon.com. It works well. In most cases, any phone accessories cost more money at carrier stores than online from Amazon.com.

OK. Thanks for the tip. Is there any particular brand or model i should look for or stay away from? I'm going from Icon to 822 both Nokia Lumia devices.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
OK. Thanks for the tip. Is there any particular brand or model i should look for or stay away from? I'm going from Icon to 822 both Nokia Lumia devices.

I got a brand called Noosy. Be aware a lot of them say "for iPhone". Just disregard that. I use mine to switch from my Nano sim 930 to my work LG G2 which uses micro sim.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I got a brand called Noosy. Be aware a lot of them say "for iPhone". Just disregard that. I use mine to switch from my Nano sim 930 to my work LG G2 which uses micro sim.
Mine is Nemrado. I bought it from Amazon. Yes, it does say "for iPhone" in the description.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Mine is Nemrado. I bought it from Amazon. Yes, it does say "for iPhone" in the description.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

I ended up getting the Sadapter but it looks like i just wasted 15 bucks on this and my time. The adapter works great but my LTE is not working with this sim for some reason. I turned on the phone and everything appears normal, i dont get a message saying theres no sim or anything like that. The bars at the top show service but "LTE" doesnt show up. I cant access the internet but i can make and recieve calls and texts. I check...Airplane mode: OFF, Cellular data is ON. I dont get why i have everything but internet/data. Maybe my phone just cant read that part of the sim? Can anyone help me why i am having this problem.

EDIT- Nevermind i figured it out, just had to configure APN settings not sure why they were gone.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs