W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Barnhart

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

Is your phone on at&t? If so this is what I found:
Name ATT
APN wap.cingular or pta
Proxy blank
Username blank
Password blank
Server blank
MMSC http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port 80
MMC 310
MNC 410
Authentication type not set
APN Type internet + mms
APN Protocol WAP 2.0
APN enable/disable blank

You have to go into settings the sim and add an APN.

Charles Barnhart

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Is your phone on at&t? If so this is what I found:
Name ATT
APN wap.cingular or pta
Proxy blank
Username blank
Password blank
Server blank
MMSC http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port 80
MMC 310
MNC 410
Authentication type not set
APN Type internet + mms
APN Protocol WAP 2.0
APN enable/disable blank

You have to go into settings the sim and add an APN.

These settings did not work for me but put me on right track. Found working settings at

http://apn-settings.com/us/att-apn-settings/

Under heading:
at&t apn settings 4G details

Thanks

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

635.... Great Build!

I came form straight 8.1 after being disenchanted with prior build and the stores issue.

I bit on this build based on feedback from another online who did the 635...It took FOUR full "upgrades:" after signing the phone back into fast ring. About three hours of installs and reboots the last one got me to 10149.

I was pleasently surprised very minor configuration/updating issues after words then ROCK STABLE with everything I care about working perfectly. I would say even a tad more solid that the 8.1 I was enjoying for the past several weeks. IUts like a new phone and tyeh very first buiild that after upgrade I did not feel any need to hard reset..

I use Gmail through outlook and its perfect! Everything works!

Only "issue" is the flashing Quiet Hours.

I haighly recommend this build to any 635 owner or potential owner...heck they have them on sale I read for $19. Cheap awesome phone.

Mladen Mikovic

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

I enabled Gmail again on my 635 and messages again stopped sending/receiving messages unless I reboot. I guess you are one of the few lucky ones not affected by this bug.

I also dont have this problem, and it is probably because i didn't hard reset after upgrading from 8.1

Andranik Sargsyan

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

"works" AWFUL on my Lumia 925... it doesn't work, to be correct. Lock screen freezes and doesn't allow to unlock. I can only use phone on it's start, but not after locking. After locking only can receive calls. Action center also doesn't work normally

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

I'm unable to add my o365 work email on my 920. I get an error to unnstall the app or purchase one. Uninstall does nothing and purchase just takes me to the store. Outlook does not appear to be able to be manually uninstalled. This was after doing a hard reset and starting clean. I am stuck. Reboots have not helped. I get the same error trying to add my O365 account which does use adfs via proxy.

Last edited:

strugart

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

hi after doing the upgrade to 10149 from windows 8.1 i go an update. Now i cant open any app or the settings. Anyone having this problem?
I am using a Lumia 720.

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

hi after doing the upgrade to 10149 from windows 8.1 i go an update. Now i cant open any app or the settings. Anyone having this problem?
I am using a Lumia 720.

I mentioned this a few pages back, after a few reboots and then some updates things "started" to work. Some of my apps would open fine, some would not. I already went back to 8.1

strugart

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

sorry for not checking (side comment: the post should have a better index for this kind of bugs). yes after a while it was fix without doing anything. thanks!

azervii

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

A Question to who installed windows 10 Mobile preview. Is reading list app removed and our links imported to Edge?

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

After trying 10149 on my 635 I decided to update my Lumia 1520 to the Insider Program.
I had issue 2. (Action centre toggles blink and are not usable.. Restart to fix..)
Now my Quiet Hours toggle is blinking, and I only receive notifications for daily feedback.

Other issues/fixes:
Keyboard unexpectedly closes in browser and store.
Significant battery drain.
Transitioning with a start screen color that does not exist in W10 does something with the system colors.
Camera does not open using shutter button.

This build fixed the accelerometer bug I had in 8.1DP (Denim).
Transitions are much faster, and are not as busy graphically wise.

I will do a factory reset later. Overall I am happy with the stability of current builds.

oscarodas

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site

Hi, I down know if it is a bug but I noticed after the upgrade to 10.149 my Nokia 1520, the three buttons at the bottom of the phone don't lit up anymore.

xtremez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

If you want Cortana, you have to set Language to US English and Region to United States. Then it will prompt restart.

I have just installed 10149, and i attempted a hard - reset now the phone is in a boot loop. It will attempt to hard reset and show :-( at the end of it. Any ideas?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site

Something people should keep in mind is that for some reason, even if you're just upgrading, the Store Beta app will spend a long time reinstalling all of your apps (even if they're already functional). Or if you're doing a clean install and restore from a backup, first those apps will install in the old Store, and then after that they will install a second time in Store Beta. For those of you seeing slow performance and rapid battery drain, I'd bet that the Store Beta has been doing stuff the majority of that time.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Something people should keep in mind is that for some reason, even if you're just upgrading, the Store Beta app will spend a long time reinstalling all of your apps (even if they're already functional). Or if you're doing a clean install and restore from a backup, first those apps will install in the old Store, and then after that they will install a second time in Store Beta. For those of you seeing slow performance and rapid battery drain, I'd bet that the Store Beta has been doing stuff the majority of that time.
Yes. The first thing i did was disable auto update in both stores. If not it will keep trying to download updates and use a lot of data and it also filled up my other storage to almost 9gb's. I did a hard reset and turned those off and haven't had an issue since.

Cigar2

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Search not working well. Is there a problem and it's not the hey Cortana thing. Search is in the getting to know you part of setup. Is there something I need to turn off or on or what? But all in all this build has been great so for. And if your thinking about giving it a try on 1520 give it a shot.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

How can i choose a pic for the start screen from my albums ?? Can only see camera roll ?? Also the new outlook calendar start tile just shoe the icon and not the date. Is this right ??? Or did i miss something ?? Oh and the blue dot on the keyboard,what's it do ???? Cheers 930

blackhawk556

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

I can't set up My outlook e-mail account which is also my Microsoft account. It says set up but them I get a message that there is already an account set up. I can configure another outlook account but not My primary. Anyone else have this issue?

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

Noticed a bug with the Flash in Action Center.

If your device is experiencing a sudden drain in battery, you might be facing this issue. As far as I know, the LED is somehow tied to the camera, so camera API is used with interacting with the flash. When you toggle it on from Action Center, you can observe that the camera is started if you have a Pureview device with OIS. The OIS is enabled and your camera lens can be seen moving if you move the phone.

Now toggle the flash off. The OIS is still working! I believe the process is not killed. Battery starts to drain after this.

I have filed a feedback in Windows Feedback. Please go +vote under Power and Batter > App Energy Consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Usher2hell