W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

biotron2000

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
As stated above its for pcs and new lumias...nothing for old 8.1 lumias.

And they originally promised it wouldn't happen that way...I have to say, I'm really loving my Android now. I loved my 1520, but there's no way they will update it now, being so old. I stayed with Windows Phone from the beginning, going back to the Windows Mobile 5 phones, but this whole OS fiasco and the constant empty, broken promises made me jump ship, and I'm glad I did. I keep checking the Windows Central site in hopes that they will have finally fixed things, but I really feel this will be the last generation of Windows Phone as we know it. It will never be able to keep up with Android and (shudder) IOS, much less be able to compete.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Even if Microsoft says that they are releasing on 15th or 19th or 31st or even next month, majority of users will have to wait longer. You know that from experience. When was cyan update officially announced and when did it come to your phone? When was denim announced and when did it finally come to your phone, if it did that is.

This will be one of the statements:

windows 10 mobile update will start rolling out during (insert quarter of year), following partner testing and approvals

Your phone notifies you once an update is available. We ask you to be patient, as updates for Lumia range are always released gradually

For 75% of lumia users (those whose phones will get the update) they will most likely receive the windows 10 mobile upgrade from February to May. If by May you don't receive, then forget about receiving it.

If denim was announced to roll out in Q4 of 2014 but this is Q1 in 2016 and 20 countries with 12 models haven't received it (including the iconic 1020), then, well, you can see that for yourself

petgutt

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I removed W10m on my old Lumia 925. Back to 8.1 now. After using w10m for a week it started to run slowly.
Will the official release-version run better? Any opinoins?

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I got windows 10 in my Lumia 930 yesterday... It is awesome glossy notifications center. Nice details they did well in live tiles... Amazed with the quality... I was checking camera quality at 6:30 am and some one called me.... I woke up...:( dammm it was just a dreaaammm :( :(.....

Christos N

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
The updates of devices already running win10 mobile (like the 950/XL and 550) are not in the hands of carrier operators. Therefor the announcement should refer to devices running win8.1.

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Joining T-Mobile Poland and Netherlands, French carrier Bouygues Telecom has just released some more information about the coming Windows 10 Mobile upgrade to WP8.1 handsets.

Speaking on Twitter their support said the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade will start next week.

@NotCassim Hello! Les MAJ des Windows Phone 8.1 vers Windows 10 devraient commencer la semaine prochaine. Cela concerne les mod?les 1/*

? Bouygues Telecom (@bouyguestelecom) January 14, 2016

Their support also confirmed which handsets will be getting the upgrade,giving the following list:

@NotCassim -Lumia 635 -Lumia 640 -Lumia 640XL -Lumia 730 -Lumia 735 -Lumia 830 -Lumia 930 -Lumia 1520 -Lumia 532/535/540/636/638 2/2

? Bouygues Telecom (@bouyguestelecom) January 14, 2016

The list notably includes the Lumia 635, when Vodafone Australia has excluded the Lumia 630 from their current upgrade list. It appears likely the update will be OS version 10586.63.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
At least carriers are giving us dates, but ms is still tight lipped.

As I've said from the very beginning, and occasionally repeated throughout the thread:

MS CAN'T GIVE YOU ANY DATES.

It's the carriers that decide when to test, how much to test, and when they feel comfortable signing off on the update. MS doesn't have a crystal ball that would tell them when the carriers will have done their thing, nor can MS force the carriers into any specific timeframe.

Like I said, it's the carriers that decide, and low and behold... it's the carriers that are, each individually, providing the dates for their networks...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
As I've said from the very beginning, and occasionally repeated throughout the thread:

MS CAN'T GIVE YOU ANY DATES.

It's the carriers that decide when to test, how much to test, and when they feel comfortable signing off on the update. MS doesn't have a crystal ball that would tell them when the carriers will have done their thing, nor can MS force the carriers into any specific timeframe.

Like I said, it's the carriers that decide, and low and behold... it's the carriers that are, each individually, providing the dates for their networks...

Except that doesn't apply to Country Variants as updates for those ARE controlled by Microsoft!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria