W10M release dates? Answers inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

justonlumia

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
What a poor way to release the update

1. The upgrade advisor app does not show up in store
2. Phone gets updated to *****.107 and its a buggy mess, yet again no mention that it need to be updated again to get to *****.164 to get it to run better
3. After app updates there is no mention of a restart required to get things like motion data, glance etc working properly until you go to its settings

How is an average user expected to to do all this and probably more?

Microsoft is becoming worse without proper communication which goes well with the poor execution

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Laggy experience after updating my 640. All native 8.1 apps open slow..newer ones designed for 10 run fine. Some tiles like groove,news,weather showing up blank in app list... Would a soft reset fix it?

justonlumia

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Restart fixed the blank icons and tiles, overall W10M is slower/laggy ( L640 ). I think they can make the experience better over time with updates

Some games I have tried have microfreeze ( CandyCrush SS and AOE:Castle Siege )

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I updated my x20 series phone its working well 💃..i joined the insider program..got only the .107 version not 164.. After installing 107 only we will get 164 I think... Surprisingly even .107 works very well without any freezing or lag... I liked w10...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What a poor way to release the update

1. The upgrade advisor app does not show up in store
2. Phone gets updated to *****.107 and its a buggy mess, yet again no mention that it need to be updated again to get to *****.164 to get it to run better
3. After app updates there is no mention of a restart required to get things like motion data, glance etc working properly until you go to its settings

How is an average user expected to to do all this and probably more?

Microsoft is becoming worse without proper communication which goes well with the poor execution

I've been thinking about this...

Theory: 10586.107 is the RTM that was agreed upon and tested by any 3rd parties. This is the Upgrade for one and all.

10586.164 is the first WaaS update. It's just Insider tested gravy that got ladled on for the Production debut.

I'm happy with that.

Digibrush

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
In my 640xl its almost alright.
Issues are, cannot log in to outlook, don't get any notifications from gmail(its running fine) and contact restore is not successful each time I tried.

Also had some blank icons and tiles(weather,news,sports) but soved after repin from applist.

jiteshyadav177

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,
i have Lumia 730. i was an insider in slow ring. Currently i have version 10586.164.
Windows 10 was officially released yesterday. So is it the same version that i have ?

or what do i have to do to get the official version ?
first restore my phone to windows 8.1, then upgrade it without the insider app ?

Shobhit_Jain

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here. Outlook mail (live.com) not getting set up in contacts or email. whwenever I add the outlook account mail, it say successfully set us, but then no result. account is not getting shown there. rest all fine.

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else has problem with data usage? When I try to change the background usage restriction it crashes and also data counter seems to be off

jakmenon

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
In my 640xl its almost alright.
Issues are, cannot log in to outlook, don't get any notifications from gmail(its running fine) and contact restore is not successful each time I tried.

Also had some blank icons and tiles(weather,news,sports) but soved after repin from applist.

I had the same issue - Lumia640xl, I fixed this with a hard reset.

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Update 2

1. Apps like facebook, twitter, 6tag etc work fine with occasional freezing.
2. Maps app - the default one looks good, shows alternate routes as well. ( will test in and post detailed review)
3. Updating apps from store takes ages (maybe MS server issue), with many apps like Lumia beamer,cinematograph, equaliser etc throwing error messages.
4. No random reboots
5. Sometimes, in store, touch wont work, need to touch multiple times.
6. Battery life seems good post update
7. LinkedIn is a MESS as usual
8. Camera seems ok, takes little more time to focus
9. Contacts- looks more like IOS with small circles.
10. Did not observe any heating issues- even while playing games or updating OS/apps.
11. Email accounts working perfectly fine- Outlook, gmail and Corporate exchange mail configured.

Overall Impression- Positive, a few minor nags here and there which i believe can be fixed later with updates.
I will test it for a week, if things work fine, i may dump my android (samsung note 4) and comes back to WP.
Good Job Microsoft !!!!:wink:

mrsisqo

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Seams laggy on L640, sometimes starting an app and it automatically closes, some freezes.. Maybe a factory reset will make it smoother? Anyone started it from scratch?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Update 2

1. Apps like facebook, twitter, 6tag etc work fine with occasional freezing.
2. Maps app - the default one looks good, shows alternate routes as well. ( will test in and post detailed review)
3. Updating apps from store takes ages (maybe MS server issue), with many apps like Lumia beamer,cinematograph, equaliser etc throwing error messages.
4. No random reboots
5. Sometimes, in store, touch wont work, need to touch multiple times.
6. Battery life seems good post update
7. LinkedIn is a MESS as usual
8. Camera seems ok, takes little more time to focus
9. Contacts- looks more like IOS with small circles.
10. Did not observe any heating issues- even while playing games or updating OS/apps.
11. Email accounts working perfectly fine- Outlook, gmail and Corporate exchange mail configured.

Overall Impression- Positive, a few minor nags here and there which i believe can be fixed later with updates.
I will test it for a week, if things work fine, i may dump my android (samsung note 4) and comes back to WP.
Good Job Microsoft !!!!:wink:

original.jpg

you did miss out this bug. XD not yet resolved. still a grey square in place of windows logo

2. battery backup is better but not good enough. needs improvement . lost 30% in 4 hours using edge , instagram , fb, whatsapp and township.

3. too many apps running in the background . as i long press the back button i could see several apps open. which could cause battery drain

4.double tap to wake up is buggy. most of the times doesn't work.

5. phone heat up pretty quickly.

6. still many default apps are installed on sdcard and need to be moved first to phone memory or htey wont update.

7. windows central uwp app crashes when trying to log in.

8. twitter for windows 10 live tile is not functioning.

so far this is what i faced. though the navigation across the OS is quite fluid and smooth but still needs some more minor bug fixes. build .200 has been seen in leaks. lets hope it is released soon to insiders and then to non insiders.

deabloem

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Seams laggy on L640, sometimes starting an app and it automatically closes, some freezes.. Maybe a factory reset will make it smoother? Anyone started it from scratch?

With my 640 I hard reset my phone, upgraded to 10, updated to .164, hard reset again, updated apps and set it up to how I like it. After that it was still laggy until I did a soft reset. Now it's running pretty smooth!

deabloem

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
One minor issue I have on my 640 is that I can't install the Glance screen app. It says it's not available for my phone.
However, the Glance screen does work, even if it is a little buggy. The icons showing on my Glance screen don't update too well. For example, if I turn my alarm on and lock the phone, the alarm icon doesn't show on Glance. If I open to the lock screen and then lock the phon again, the alarm icon shows. Same procedure when I turn alarm off. This happens with all icons, like mail, missed calls etc.

Not sure if it's my phone or if settings are just disabled on 640 for now. I hope it will be back in the future!

bigboss-62

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tested W10M Insider (slow ring) on Lumia 920 and give us his feelings about stability, performances ???

Sent from my RM-821_eu_france_267 using Tapatalk

Miro-J

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
This is ridiculous! I'm in UK, got unlocked Lumia 640XL and each time I try with Upgrade Advisor, I get the same message:
"Your phone is eligible for an upgrade (...) you'll see notification when it's ready".
It's been 2 days already since the official roll-out started and L640XL seemed to be really one of the first candidates to get the update.
Is anyone in the same situation (meaning country and model)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124