Walked into local Microsoft Store... plenty in stock.

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
In case any of you guys have been waiting on ordering a Surface Book in hopes local stores were stocked, you may be in luck. I went to my local Microsoft Store (It's actually a kiosk in our mall, hardly a store) and they had plenty of Book's and Pro 4's in stock. I also got a 10% off accessories card, free shirt, usb stick, and storage case (small one for things like GPS units).

Hopefully folks who were waiting like I did are as luck as me.

HAPPY SURFACE RELEASE DAY!

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
This is in Tucson, AZ at the Park Place Mall. The "store" is a kiosk in the middle of the front entry way by a T-Mobile kiosk. There was a few folks in line grabbing their preordered goodies behind me, right as the store opened. I happened to be next to the store dropping my car off at the dealership, was literally perfect timing. I doubt there will be tons in stock, but if you get to local stores early enough, you might just be in luck.

Devhux

Feb 4, 2008
Visit site
I got the shirt, 8GB usb drive, and case thingy as well here in Calgary Alberta.

They said they didn't have any extra machines outside of pre-orders when I went this morning.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Lucky. Went into my store (Boston MA), sales reps weren't even remotely interested in selling them. Out of 4 people I talked to, only one knew about their own stock. And that guy worked in the back room.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Did they have the i7/512GB/16GB one? Last I checked my local store was taking pre-orders for the 256gb models but stopped taking them for the 512 i7s

jkdem85

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I just picked up a i7/255/8gb/dGpu model at the Cherry Hill NJ store, the last one. One was returned for firmware freezeup. My unit is having display driver issues with horrible flickering and black boxes popping up, and color saturation wildly fluctuating between tabs. Problem is primarily on windows central site so far. I have some videos recorded if anyone is interested.

Def a shame as it's a terrific device otherwise. I absolutely love the keyboard, but I think this product was a bit rushed to launch. Just doesn't feel 100% complete and def seeing some major issues (the screen problem above is really bad, screen becomes illegible and error messages about device drivers failing appear on the bottom.)

anon(4054009)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I went to pickup my preordered I7 256gbSurface Book obviously sight unseen. After playing with a demo unit I left with a Surface Pro 4 I5 256Gb. With the great Tradein program Microsoft started today on SP 3 upgrades, I couldn't justify the $1000 difference because I don't need an I7 that bad.

kalex

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
With the great Tradein program Microsoft started today on SP 3 upgrades, I couldn't justify the $1000 difference because I don't need an I7 that bad.

How does trade in work? I have SP3 that I might trade in. How much do they offer for the trade in?

Yonic Boom

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I managed to find one Best Buy in town that had a few, which was pretty great considering my preorder got screwed up. I even got them to match my student pricing. So I went from being all cranky about today to pretty damn stoked.

bhatech

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
you would have to bring it in to have them look at it. The interesting part is how different the amount is between trading on a SP 4 vs SB.
What are you saying? Are they offering different trade in amounts based on what device you decide to buy? That's not a good way :)

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I went into a store in the Chicago land area last night. They were sold out of every type of Surface Book. The only one they had left in the entire store was the demo unit.

I also saw Master Chief walking into the store for the Halo 5 launch party on my way out. So that was pretty cool. :amaze:

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
My local kiosk (Roseville, CA) also seemed to have plenty of stock yesterday, too. It seemed like they sold more SP4s than SBs. I picked up my i5/256/dGPU model yesterday evening and got a nice little bag of goodies (flash drive, accessories case, tshirt, 10% off accessories card, etc). They actually first sent me home with the wrong model (i7/8GB/256/dGPU), luckily I realized it pretty quickly, went back and they swapped it out for the correct one and credited me the difference in price.

Other than the fact that the included pen refused to pair until after the firmware update, I'm quite impressed so far!

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna call the flagshop store today to see if they have any 1TB in store. A long shot but it just opened so maybe I'll get lucky. Otherwise I'm stuck until friggin January.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963