What are the reactions of friends, family and acquaintances about your Lumia 930?

AJE1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
An iFan said my 930 was too large!
The screen has attracted many positive comments, as have the transparent tiles. The general design has also been positively received.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Tell everyone it has no notification led and no glance screen and they will stay away from it, who needs a communication device that does not notify you about missed calls or emails... In the year 2014... No one !
yeah, it would be awesome if the windows key glowed on and off when you recieve a notification. In case you're wondering where I got the idea from, it was from a youtube video of the 925 charging while the battery was to low for the phone to start up.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
my friend didn't like the phone in orange but loved the white one while my relative said the 930 and 630 are copying the iphone. I understand what she means though. The iPhone 4 and lumia 930's sides are really similar and the 630 looks like a 5c but I know that nokia did that design first with the 620.

nexialbinding

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Which ones have a glance like feature?
I know some has an notification light of some kind, but I don't think all of them have.....

Just so we're all clear now:
Few Android devices come with a feature like glance by default (notable mentions include the Moto X), but all Androids can run that same feature with a third-party app or ROM. Most Androids also have a notification LED.
iPhones have neither a glance-like feature nor a notification LED.
The 930 has neither, which does kind of suck, but it's not like it's missing a standard feature that's in all other smartphones.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Just so we're all clear now:
Few Android devices come with a feature like glance by default (notable mentions include the Moto X), but all Androids can run that same feature with a third-party app or ROM. Most Androids also have a notification LED.
iPhones have neither a glance-like feature nor a notification LED.
The 930 has neither, which does kind of suck, but it's not like it's missing a standard feature that's in all other smartphones.

So this brings an interesting point. Motorola has an activedisplay thing that is similar to glance (but seems more interactive)....but they also have an APP for other androids that does the activedisplay thing.....and apparently its good for amoled screens. So whats stopping a WP dev from doing the same thing with a WP app?

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site

That IS the point, the 930 is missing a basic feature for a high-end/flagship device that every other high-end phone has (i think the iphone blinking led flash should count too).
Even my old Nokia 5530 had a Notification LED (a blinking HOME button) !
I mean they can fit a 20MP PureView Camera with Zeiss optics and OIS in a phone but not a small and cheap Notification LED ?!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
That IS the point, the 930 is missing a basic feature for a high-end/flagship device that every other high-end phone has (i think the iphone blinking led flash should count too).
Even my old Nokia 5530 had a Notification LED (a blinking HOME button) !
I mean they can fit a 20MP PureView Camera with Zeiss optics and OIS in a phone but not a small and cheap Notification LED ?!

I think Windows Phone doesn't even support the feature yet. That's why I see people posting it on uservoice.

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I think thats (sadly) true colinkiama.
But god damn MS/NOKIA...if thats the case give your high-end flagship at least the glance screen feature !
You just have to admit, they screwed up on this.

KPAkiller

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand the iPhone similarity comments? I've compared the edges and not one edge is the same such as button placement, port placement or anything. Sure they both have a flat edge but don't most phones/tablets. I still think its jealousy.

You should tell your friends to put the iphone side by side. Similar my a**

Ignition1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking at my 930 right now, in black, sitting next to my work iPhone5S. They don't look similar at all!

Personally I prefer the iPhone5S design - it feels nicer to hold, much better quality build (the back panel flexes on the 930 near the camera) and the headphone jack at the bottom makes total sense. But I got the 930 for Windows Phone, and it does that extremely well.

Just trying to imagine a 5" iPhone hardware running WP 8.1 - THAT would be amazing.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
My old Nokia 3110c screen flashes everytime there's a missed call 📞 or a text message. I've currently seen no phone do that. This is even better than a blinking led which you can fail to notice. Microsoft should implement that feature in WP. I'll post 📮 the link of a video demonstrating the feature shortly.

Saqlain Zia

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Peoples peoples bla bla bla, who cares about a notification led. Ok I admit glance is necessary, but notification led I don't need that. Who have problem go and buy a *****-phone.

KPAkiller

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking at my 930 right now, in black, sitting next to my work iPhone5S. They don't look similar at all!

Personally I prefer the iPhone5S design - it feels nicer to hold, much better quality build (the back panel flexes on the 930 near the camera) and the headphone jack at the bottom makes total sense. But I got the 930 for Windows Phone, and it does that extremely well.

Just trying to imagine a 5" iPhone hardware running WP 8.1 - THAT would be amazing.
I'm a little different. I prefer the contoured back and matt finish.

I am very positive about the build of the 930 because well I came from a Samsung galaxy s3

You might be interested in the news about HTC making an One m8 Windows Phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077