What is wrong with you Nokia?

Rohan Vg

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
This is becoming a habit and a really annoying one. Nokia is launching all of its flagship devices in India after a delay of 3 months. It happened with Lumia 920, same with Lumia 925 (launched few days ago) and it seems that it will happen with Lumia 1020 also. I have contacted Nokia Support numerous times and they have no information about when Lumia 1020 will launch in India.

I was so excited to get this phone and it was going to be my first Windows Phone but now I'm not sure if I'll wait any longer for this phone. :eck:

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
This is becoming a habit and a really annoying one. Nokia is launching all of its flagship devices in India after a delay of 3 months. It happened with Lumia 920, same with Lumia 925 (launched few days ago) and it seems that it will happen with Lumia 1020 also. I have contacted Nokia Support numerous times and they have no information about when Lumia 1020 will launch in India.

I was so excited to get this phone and it was going to be my first Windows Phone but now I'm not sure if I'll wait any longer for this phone. :eck:
Nokia really can't do anything about it because India isn't really a big market for Nokia's high end phones and that's why they have the low end phones out first, also it doesn't help that they aren't financially 100 healthy

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have zero insight knowledge. My guess though is that they can only afford to make the high end phones for a certain number of markets to start, and India isn't the highest priority with these phones.

hohohohanfan

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Do you really expect the phones to release at the same time? Maybe the thing that's wrong is your thinking. Also, like what people mentioned above, India is a bad country to release a flagship device as seen by the low percentages of other flagship wp8 devices sold in India

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If you were Nokia, would you want to:
A. Space out launches for specific devices in order to maximize profits, exposure and retail availability
B. Launch everywhere with supply chain problems, lack of advertising only for it to begin dropping in price as soon as you have general availability?

The answer should be obvious.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You could call this thread "Whats wrong with you India?"

From the recent article that was posted on WPC it would seem the higher taxes that nokia have to pay in India could be a part of the issue - There is obviously a lot less tax on a cheap low end device compared to the higher end expensive devices - if the taxes India are levying against Nokia are too high it makes high end devices pretty unprofitable. This may account for your 3 month wait in that nokia has to make money from devices elsewhere globally before they can consider making less profit on the same devices in India.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I would have to agree. India probably is not a place where they will get the best bang for their buck in the high-end market. How about other phone manufacturers? Do you get their products immediately?

Rohan Vg

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I would have to agree. India probably is not a place where they will get the best bang for their buck in the high-end market. How about other phone manufacturers? Do you get their products immediately?

HTC One X:
Release date - April 2, 2012
India - April 2, 2012
Delay - None

Iphone 5:
Release date - September 21, 2012
India - November 2, 2012
Delay - 1 month

Samsung Galaxy Note II:
Release date - September 26, 2012
India - September 27, 2012
Delay - 1 Day

BlackBerry Z10:
Release date - January 31, 2013
India - February 25, 2013
Delay - 1 month

Sony Xperia Z:
Release date - February 9, 2013
India - March 6, 2013
Delay - 1 month

Samsung Galaxy S4:
Release date - April 26, 2013
India - April 27, 2013
Delay - 1 Day

Sony Xperia Z Ultra:
Release date - June 25, 2013
India - August 2, 2013
Delay - 1 month

Most of these phones are priced higher than the lumia flagship devices but still they were made available in India within a month of its initial launch. Many people are switching to the high end phones, its definitely on the rise.

India is now the world's third-largest smartphone market: Report

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven