When will AT&T Lumia 830 get PROPER Denim update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Another small, insignificant bug. I have no lock/unlock sound, nor any sound when plugging in power, despite the needed options selected. I am starting to wonder if this build is the one MS gave to AT&T for testing.

jpburr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Another small, insignificant bug. I have no lock/unlock sound, nor any sound when plugging in power, despite the needed options selected. I am starting to wonder if this build is the one MS gave to AT&T for testing.

I just manually flashed my 830 with the update and I still have the lock and charging sounds. I'm in the middle of updating to Win 10 though so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Great, WPRT is now just refusing to comply. Every time I try to revert it says 'Operation ended in failure.' Resetting the phone doesn't help, removing the packages didn't help, reinstalling the tool didn't help. I'm at my wits end. Oddly enough, resetting on Windows 10 made the build more unstable, so I don't suppose anyone has advice in getting past this hurdle so I can install denim properly...

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I tried this and didn't work. I downloaded both of SuperShoe packages on the next page. I unzipped them and it looked like the right packages.

When I went to the Settings of the WPRT and set the folder of the downloaded package and then Install the WPRT kept trying to download the older package from the server.

Any suggestions?

micallan_17

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Great, WPRT is now just refusing to comply. Every time I try to revert it says 'Operation ended in failure.' Resetting the phone doesn't help, removing the packages didn't help, reinstalling the tool didn't help. I'm at my wits end. Oddly enough, resetting on Windows 10 made the build more unstable, so I don't suppose anyone has advice in getting past this hurdle so I can install denim properly...
Use the nokia cate suite instructions a few posts above. WPRT won't install the update since it will want to download from the server

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Would any of you mind starting a new thread explaining:
- the current situation of the L830 on AT&T
- what has been done so far
- explain this solution and include all the links to instructions and downloads required?
I think this valuable info will get buried here fast otherwise. I'm thinking it may be best to add a link from here to the new thread and then close this one out. Worthwhile idea?

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
OK, I am redoing this with the Nokia Recovery tool. Hopefully this will work. Flashing now.....
Says "Getting things ready..." That is new.
Sadly it appears stuck at 25% restoring. :( I have checked to give it more time 3 times and no luck. I'm afraid I am going to have to reinstall all the software and completely re-setup my Start screen. Ugh!

ejay81

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I agree ,can someone please post a thorough start to finish post with all the steps and required files. It appears we have a working method but all the information is fragmented across the past 3 pages.

Thanks!

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I know the issue being debated here isn't officially solved, as we're dealing with a 'workaround', but this does change the game. Considering these developments, it's unlikely that someone would want to read through this entire thread, which is why I'm closing it.

If someone wants to continue the debate over AT&T officially releasing Denim, they are welcome to start a new thread. Most people will probably be more interested in the solution described here as it works now:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...mia-830-rm-983-8-1-update-2-proper-denim.html

Thanks everyone, including a special thanks to Derausgewanderte for putting that new thread together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap