When will AT&T Lumia 830 get PROPER Denim update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krabago

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm a noob. Has anyone successfully installed 2179 after downloading the package? I went into Settings then Packages, turned it on and pointed it to the folder containing the files that I downloaded. But WPRT still insists that 2040 is the latest. Is there something else I need to do to get it to read the 2179 files?

avalanch29

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm a noob. Has anyone successfully installed 2179 after downloading the package? I went into Settings then Packages, turned it on and pointed it to the folder containing the files that I downloaded. But WPRT still insists that 2040 is the latest. Is there something else I need to do to get it to read the 2179 files?

Just curious, did you download from "TheSuperShoe" above, or a different source?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

sorry, cannot test myself. Maybe turning Internet off is a chance to get it to work (probably not, but worth a try).

If WPRT doesn't work then follow the instructions here:
How to Flash with Nokia care suite 5 | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

since you already have the files you should be able to start with point 6).
you may have to manually create a folder
C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-983
with the downloaded files in it, for it to find the update.

Last edited:

avalanch29

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

I just tried and I cannot get it to work either. I assume you turn it on, point to the package and then go back? When I do that it still says I have the latest..

krabago

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Which file, the big one or the one he trimmed down? I have them both,and not sure which to use.

I tried both - didn't seem to make a difference. WPRT always seems to check the server. I tried putting my Surface into Airplane mode to see if I could force it to use the local package instead of checking the server but it just timed out complaining that there was no internet connection. I get the feeling that the server is telling WPRT that 2040 is the latest and thus won't look at 2179 that I have locally. If this is true then I guess sadly we're at a dead-end again at the mercy of Microsoft/AT&T.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
sorry, cannot test myself. Maybe turning Internet off is a chance to get it to work (probably not, but worth a try).

I's suggest doing this to 1st.... shutdown the app (or reset PC) disconnect from the internet, then try again. maybe even uninstall the app, reboot, reinstall, disconnect from the net and try again?

I am not home yet, so can't test

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
SuperShoe, which of your packages would you suggest, I am nervous to try it being what you said about them being mixed together, what do you suggest? Why are they mixed in the first place, I only ask that because I have never used the WPRT before to update my phone and I don't know how it manages the files?

I dabbled in trying to get denim from a RM-985 onto this phone before today, so I know a little bit about it. The "big" file with them mixed is EVERYTHING that was downloaded from WPRT, but I know the 02179 .ffu file is what is needed to install with the Nokia Care Suite.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Here's a guide to flash the 920, but it should be about the same for the 830:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...after-reset-flash-process-defined-inside.html

I found NokiaCare on my Computer, here's the download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Y...ew?usp=sharing

Here are the steps edited for the 830:
1. When complete, browse to: C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages
2. Create a folder called Products
3. Create a folder called rm-983
5. You should now have a directory like: C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-983\
6. Browse to the Download folder you extracted
7. Copy the entire folder contents and paste it into the C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-983\ directory.

NokiaCareSuiteForStore-5.4.119.1432 Directions:
1. Launch Nokia Care Suite
2. Click the Product Support Tool for Store 5.0
3. Click File
4. Click Open Product
5. Choose RM-983 (Nokia Lumia 830)
6. On the bottom left click Programming
7. Click Recovery
8. You should see the firmware you downloaded and copied earlier under the Properties field.
9. Click Start
10. The software will check the package contents, it will fail to find the phone, and ask you to reboot and give you a button to click retry.

Phone Directions:
1. Plug the phone into your PC
2. Hold the Volume Down and the Power button, click RETRY on the Product Support Tools Window
3. After you feel a vibration in the phone immediately release the Volume Down and the Power button and hold the Volume up button.
4. Continue to hold the volume up button, you will see the software say "Rebooting"
5. After about 15 seconds you will see a top NOKIA logo and the software will start flashing the phone.

Now, I have NOT TESTED THIS. If someone who knows what he/she is doing can test it first, then I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited:

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
It worked!!! I downloaded the file that TheSuperShoe uploaded. The one that's just the new build, and then followed the instructions he posted using the Nokia Care Suite! I couldn't get the Windows Phone Recovery to do it, but the Nokia Care Suite worked perfect! Thanks so much TheSuperShoe!!!

Confirmed that it is indeed on Denim. Have Lumia Camera 5.0 and everything. It also checked to see if I had my phone protected.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Now has anyone updated to windows 10 after flashing the update 2? Is performance better?

I have, but performance was always great on a fresh install and degraded after a couple days. I still have some bad battery drain, but it's running well for now. The Bluetooth in my car worked a lot better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aisi