When will AT&T Lumia 830 get PROPER Denim update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
They must have taken it down from the servers...I was showing an update via the recovery tool this morning but didn't have time to install it. Got home and now it says I have the latest version..... rats...

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
accidental early push? interesting.

Well, AT&T has NO legs to stand on now as the update WAS available AND it FIXED the bigger issues that people seemed to have had.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
can you do an offline install of an update with the WPRT? as in, drop the needed firmware in the right directory, disconnect from the net, and update? I am not at home to even attempt to try it (nor do i want to risk downgrading :) )

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
can you do an offline install of an update with the WPRT? as in, drop the needed firmware in the right directory, disconnect from the net, and update? I am not at home to even attempt to try it (nor do i want to risk downgrading :) )

You used to be able to do that with the old Lumia Update tool. That recently updated to a Nokia update and it doesn't seem to work with my phone any more.

jayruguitar

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't see any options to do that in the WPRT. I know we used to be able to do that w/ the Nokia Recovery Tool, but I don't see anything here.

micallan_17

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Stupid AT&T pulled the files, am glad I was able to download and save the firmware files, these can be used with Nokia Care Suite to flash manually.

WTF.png

micallan_17

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Will try to upload later today and post links, my internet is a little slow(took me 4 hours to download :(), so if anyone with a fast internet with the files you can upload maybe?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

yes, you should be able to do that. click on the three dots bottom right and click on settings. under settings click on packages. You can now set a custom packages path where you copied the downloaded update. It should pick it up when you plug in your phone.

I have no L830 to verify this, but I know from folks on XDA that this should work.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Last edited:

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Effing at&t can't do anything right without turning around and effing that up too. Dammit microSOFT you have the files - just do the right thing! I am never going to be able to trust them to follow thru on any of their promises.

John Tripp1

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
So are you planning on uploading the firmware or the Care Suite? Cuz now we know we can use the WPRT to manually update, so all that's needed now are the firmware files.

avalanch29

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Just before I left for lunch at around 1:15pm PDT I plugged my phone in and it did tell me an update was available. Grab my phone and leave, come back plug back in and "You have the latest available software" came back up, Should of taken it while I had the chance, bummer.

krabago

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Don't feel too bad. I did the update this morning when it still showed 2179 available. After it was done, I found that it just re-installed 2040. I did it again while it still showed 2179 and it still re-installed 2040. So I don't know what happened there. Maybe they were already in the process of pulling 2179 down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aisi