When will AT&T Lumia 830 get PROPER Denim update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

avalanch29

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Ok so if I am understanding this correctly earlier people were getting the real update? Now it appears that it shows an update, but its really just reinstalling what we already have, correct? So the people who have downloaded it already can share the firmware update and we can do it manually? What about the software update, can that be shared too, or do we just plug our phone in with the new firmware and update the OS that way, sorry I am a little confused..

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Ashram, what would you be sharing, the firmware? How do I get the OS update?
the upload will include all packages 8.1 update 2 including firmware update. Anybody who was able to update here will have the files still on their PCs (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages\Products)

You should be able to use WPRT to update your phone once you point it to the right folder (see my post on previous page and here).

Last edited:

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm compressing to upload now. Compression says it's compressing about 54% so it should be about half. I'm afraid if I put it on OneDrive, that I might get in trouble if there is too much download though.

I'm dumb, they do compress it, but mine was less effective, it's about 2GB.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
So, I've decide on my Google Drive since I don't care about my Google account.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Y7Sm9HHs9EdGlZd1c5bXQyZDg/view?usp=sharing

BUT, this contains both 02179 and 02040 because I didn't look closely at the files. I will try to remove the old to make it smaller, but I might accidentally delete important files.

I also found it in
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages\Products\RM-983
for reference.

BioTurboNick

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I was just gearing up to initiate arbitration myself, after making about a dozen support contacts between both Microsoft and AT&T to reach a "final straw, no valid solutions offered" state.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I was just gearing up to initiate arbitration myself, after making about a dozen support contacts between both Microsoft and AT&T to reach a "final straw, no valid solutions offered" state.

well, technically, since it was pulled and you have to resort to black magic to get it working, you "technically" can still go that route :)

Well as more improvements are noticed, I also noticed a slight, insignificant, bug.

The positives? Bluetooth works MUCH better in my car. Cortana understood EVERYTHING i said. Previously, i had to connect to my 2.4Ghx network to get decent miracast to microsoft's screen sharing hockey puck, but with noticeable delay and pixellation. That is no longer an issue. I was even able to stream Netflix to my TV using miracast with no issue (besides the low quality streams Netflix uses for mobile)

The 1, tiny, insignificant bug? In the store app, sometimes an app will get stuck as pending (common issue) but it's still downloads and installs! for an app with stick at pending sometimes, then disappear from the downloading list. Like I said, an insignificant bug.

In ALL honesty, this should have been pushed out months ago.

Now things I still need to try.... treasure tag stability, since I keep one on my DLSR when I go to conventions, and overall stability testing.

Last edited:

avalanch29

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
So, I've decide on my Google Drive since I don't care about my Google account.

BUT, this contains both 02179 and 02040 because I didn't look closely at the files. I will try to remove the old to make it smaller, but I might accidentally delete important files.

I also found it in
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages\Products\RM-983
for reference.

SuperShoe, which of your packages would you suggest, I am nervous to try it being what you said about them being mixed together, what do you suggest? Why are they mixed in the first place, I only ask that because I have never used the WPRT before to update my phone and I don't know how it manages the files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aisi