Who is buying the Lumia 830 when it comes out?

adam220891

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Really depends on the price point for me.

If it's 5" 720P with SD800 and under $300, I'll likely get it. If it's lower specs or more money, I think I'm going to get the Note 4 Edge (with a contract, that phone would cost an insane amount unsubsidized).

YanivC

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Unless they can somehow get U.S. LTE working on the 930 I'm definitely getting it. Was really excited about the HTC M8 but with that crappy camera.... fuhgeddaboutit.

I was at the MS Build event in San Fran last April and I won a 1520 in a code challenge and let me tell you..... HUGE phone! HUGE. No way I could use that as a daily driver. Wish the Icon/930 was available on T-Mobile... thats a gorgeous phone. Unless the 830 is a step up from my 925, Im gonna end up with the HTC m8.... even if the camera is a POS, no way can I go lower specs!

Last edited by a moderator:

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I want it! the bummer is that I already bought a 635 :( but I can see myself switching for the better camera and screen.

brooza664

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Now the specs are out, I just need to wait for pricing and carrier availability to come out. Then I'll look into more detail about whether I'm getting this or the M8

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
The 830 looks pretty great for around $400. I just cracked my 920's digitizer (though it's still perfectly usable, just annoying) and was hoping to upgrade to a new handset. However, for the price, while it's fine, it doesn't seem as good a value as getting another 920 since you can now get it for around $200. The 920 has a better CPU and screen while the 830 is thinner and lighter... used to the 920 as I am, I think I'd rather spend half the money to get a phone that's just as good as the 830.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm out. I would get it for 70€ more with a SD 800 and 2 GB RAM but SD400 is no go. I hoped that at least once I will be able to buy the successor of my phone but, well. Maybe I would have better luck with Android.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm in - IF it comes to the US and it supports TMo LTE bands... which as i have said on another thread it doesnt look likely that it will come to the US at all.... :(

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm in - IF it comes to the US and it supports TMo LTE bands... which as i have said on another thread it doesnt look likely that it will come to the US at all.... :(

I thought it was confirmed that it is coming to 3 US carriers, two of them being AT&T and Verizon.

Adam1331

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Not for the US market and doesn't support US LTE bands. Guess I won't be getting it. Without an SD 80x processor it won't support voice activated Cortana either (small feature, would be cool though).

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Apparently PhoneArena is claiming that the 830 is coming to USA on TMO...and to confirm I asked TMO that question as well.

uberlaff

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Lumia Denim is exactly why I'm looking at the 1520 but it seems just a little too wide.

I'm in the US and it seems like the 830 won't be offered here on carriers.

I'm very surprised that there is not a mainstream flagship Lumia for US (outside of the Verizon and the Lumia Icon) in 2014.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm in.

Lumia 1520 was a gorgeous phone with a wonderful screen, and it actually made me care about having PLEX, Netflix and RTS on a phone... but it was just a tad too big for my lifestyle. Not to mention the 1080p screen killed two of my favorite WP games (Order & Chaos, Chaos Rings)... and while some seemed to think the Icon's design was boring, I actually thought it was the most beautiful phone I'd ever laid hands on... but it was prone to overheating, lacked SD card slot, lacked screen memory for glance, and users unwilling to put up with CDMA crap got screwed over in ways that the 930 didn't make up. Lumia 520 had a more acceptable size AND SD card slot... but it was simply held back by that crappy half a gig of ram... and it had no front facing camera... and while the 525 exists to deliver me from the lackluster RAM woes, I still need my Skype.

After all that, someone recommended I give the Lumia 820 a shot, and it really came out looking like a hero! ... it had a card slot, ran all my games swell, had a front and back facing camera, wasn't too effing big. It had NFC, Glance... the whole kit & caboodle. About my only complaints were the tiny battery, lack of wireless display and below-par camera... all things that are being resolved with the Lumia 830... and since it's 720p, I get a higher res screen than the 820 had without having to worry about it breaking the games that 1080p breaks.

I'll be buying it and the HD-10 for my TV.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Was hoping this (or a Verizon variant) would replace my 822 in January...was looking at the Icon until this came along...Pureview camera, glance and an SD card storage? Sign me up!

Then I see the processor is not even an upgrade from the 822, and won't be enough to handle the "Hey Cortana" passive activation thingy.

Now it's back to the Icon and no glance or SD card, I guess....but Pureview and a better processor...I'll take it!

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm upset that they didn't announce US, but that doesn't mean it won't be coming. They'll probably wait til closer to the holidays so they'll sell more at a premium. Or maybe even announce in a week to a month. There could be a couple reasons they haven't announced yet, they may still be negotiating with carriers or something. I'm more hoping for an unlocked, unbranded with US LTE bands like the 1520.3, but I'm not holding my breathe for that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evan.mason5724