Who is buying the Lumia 830 when it comes out?

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
A few compromises but not that significant for me. Definitely getting this phone and will be my first green phone!

i HATE nokia, i HATE Microsoft, i HATE myself.
I made a LOT of flame post against the Lumia 830 obsolete CPU, because that choice is a real brainfart, i'm one the many that said "THIS PHONE WILL DIE ALONE IN A LAKE OF HATRED".

But i will buy it. Because is sexy as hell. Because i have a Lumia 925 and i'm happy with it, but that orange back is awesome. Because i can't buy a 930 and lose the Glance. Because i want a freaking MicroSD card in my phone.

Maybe i will switch again with the future 1030, but i have the felling that it will miss MicroSD and i don't like it at all.

Damn this 830 is the most beautiful phone i ever seen, and since i don't play games on my phone this could be the right choice (its totally not the right choice, i want a fast CPU and record 4k video) and i have the feeling its battery will last 2 freaking days.

Ok ok, i just needed to puke out this, i'm ok now :|

Im with you on this same exact reasons why I will still buy this phone! 👊

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Jover

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I need a personal hands-on before I will decide. Still deciding between 730 or 830 as a replacement for my backup phone 720, which has a microphone issues.

AdamInTx

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I'll have to see what the on-contract price is as well as if the US versions have any upgrades to what is currently listed. I'm coming from a 900 and a contract that expired quite a while ago so I don't have the same "only a slight upgrade" issues a lot of the users here have. For me everything is an upgrade, it has SD, it looks great, and has 8 (no more wp7!). It will honestly come down to the price here. I can get some pretty nice phones for really cheap when I renew, especially if I don't mine a refurb so this thing will have to be competitive in price.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The specs for the 830 and 735 are listed on Nokia's international website. If you click on the links for the US website the specific specs are not listed. That should give you a hint that there will be variations in the US just like previous phones as was suspected.

It could also mean that there are no specs listed for the US simply because it's not coming to the US.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I'll buy the 830,if it comes to Canada, as It has everything I want in an upgrade from my little 520.

However, due to our track record up here, I have my doubts Canada will get it. If we don't, I'll have no choice but to look at Android (I don't want to get into importing etc). Microsoft and the carriers have really dropped the ball with Windows Phone up here. It's pathetic, actually. When MS can't even be bothered to update their Canadian WP site (Old data, 630 not even listed but available), you know there's a problem.

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
they all are anti- windows phone websites being directly paid by android and iOS. You will find the truest of the experiences only on this site.

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
All I want is under 350 usd in Canada hopefully telus picks this up then I wont have to worry about getting it unlocked

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

kshitij1991

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think everthing is good about lumia 830 except the sd400 processor.

A better processor would have helped to increase it sales and I would have also bought it without any hesitation.

But now my decision would depend on phone reviews and gaming performance reviews (hope wpcentral does both).

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
If it comes with a price tag of 20000₹ or below then definitely but if it comes with 20001₹ or more the nope......won't buy that....